Another solid release from a great band.
Digging: Few And Far Between - Three
Digging: Best Witches - Wishes
How generous, even if music is already free on the internet.
so wait is it just that 3 song "A Frightened Rabbit EP" or is this something else?
Yeah it's that
Ah, The Fountain of Lamneth. The idea that this song is about a person's life cycle is interesting. Still, anyone with familiarity with LSD will attest that this song has a psychedelic interpretation. "(eyes) are open very wide" refers to the large pupils of an LSD taker. The "no one at the bridge" part tells of the horrors of a bad trip. "Panacea" relates the blessing of a good trip. "Have I left my life behind" refers to the feeling during a trip that the tripper has "died" and been resurrected. The beginning and end parts pertain to the "I AM THAT I AM" god-definition of "yahweh", a solipsistic experience of godhood that psychedelic-takers and religious mystics have. There is zero chance that this song has no psychedelic connotations.
Digging: Invisible - El jardin de los presentes
A classic album in its own right, but many forget just how wonderful side B truly is. Take the song Tears for example. Tears is about someone who has had enormous emotional/existential struggles ("all of the seasons, all of the days..." for what seems like their whole life ("a lifetime of questions"), has always sought genuine understanding and empathy ("eyes that know why"), but has never found it. They feel totally alone in the world.
What I can't figure out is, when they see that the other person has cried for them, do they realize that that person truly understands what they're going through? The ending "I tasted the answers / and my body was weak / for you / the truth" seems to indicate that; but the part about "what would touch me deeper ... eyes that only cry ... or eyes that know why" might mean that they don't feel genuinely understood by the other person.
On a more intuitive level, this song made me imagine a grievous, emotionally draining relationship between two people. Perhaps they are so attached that it causes them great pain, or they desperately need each other but often wind up fighting. But in the pain they find great meaning; it proves how significant their relationship is. In the music you can hear the weakness the singer feels after being consumed by years of pain. I think it's beautiful how the music captures that feeling so poignantly.
really good ep
Listened to the Winter of Mixed Drinks a while ago expecting very little but very surprised to find it was amazing. Definitely downloading this. God Bless amazing bands like this that are willing to give out their hard work for free.
Winter of Mixed Drinks is meh, it's all about Midnight Organ Fight
• Thom Yorke shares image of new re..
• Issues release live music video
• New Stick To Your Guns record
• Dance Gavin Dance stream new song
• Burn The Sun stream debut EP
• Motionless in White debut new vid..
• Today Is The Day debut new song
• Josiah Leming releases video for ..
• Arca drops new single
• Stream Hammock's Sleepover 2
• Mysticum welcomes you to Planet S..
• Zodiac stream Sonic Child
• I The Mighty vocalist goes solo
• Avenged Sevenfold release new vid..
• GWAR reveal David Brockie's repla..
• Superfood set release date for ne..
• xSPONGEXCOREx announce new EP
• Another Exotype single
• Monster Magnet re-imagine album
• The Amity Affliction debut new vi..
• Dungortheb stream new album
• She has learned everything...
• New Decapitated track
• Spain's Horizon stream debut album
• Orphans of Dusk stream debut EP
» see all news