Lewd Acts break up2010-07-13 by Dr Dave De Sylvia STAFF | 11 Comments
|San Diego hardcore act Lewd Acts have broken up.|
The band posted a short statement confirming the split: "Lou Dax succumbed on June 20th, 2010 to the coma brought on by a head wound sustained in New York City on May 6th. Lou is survived by his 4 sons. In lieu of flowers, pick up a Lou Dax memorial shirt or record at http://www.lewdacts.bigcartel.com or http://www.deathwishinc.com to help his legacy live on."
The quartet had been on informal hiatus since dropping off a tour in support of Converge in May. It was widely rumoured that frontman Tyler Densley had left the band after the remaining members performed as a trio at their final show in Cleveland.
Tagged: Lewd Acts
they were okay, sucks.
This really sucks. One of the best hardcore bands in years.
This makes me want to spin Black Eye Blues now
I was at that last show in Cleveland. The merch boy filled in for Tyler. It was fuckin' awesome despite that.
this fucking sucks
band was pretty good
RIP lewd acts!
black eye blues was an awesome record
huh, saw these guys in DC with converge. wasn't really into them but sucks they broke up. eh.
Well this sucks a fat one
fuck! this band was my answer to Cursed breaking up, now they'regone too. I just got Black Eyed Blues for xmas too. sad for sure
• Michael Gira Accused of Rape
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Rush drummer retires
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Deftones stream new single
• Riverside guitarist dies
• Candiria return with Mereya
• Prophets of Rage drop EP
• New Planes Mistaken for Stars
• Every Time I Die Love C++
• Eluvium's new album streaming
• New Of Mice and Men Video
• New In Flames single, album
• New Meshuggah song
• Moby announces festival/new song
• Sum 41 declare War
• The Wounded Kings stream final LP
• CWOTD announce new record
• Car Bomb album details
• New Placebo song
• King Green releases EP
» see all news