|Swashbuckle Add New Drummer|
2010-04-14 by Magnus Altkula STAFF | 15 Comments
|New Jersey pirate-themed thrash metal band Swashbuckle have added drummer called Bootsmann Collins to their ranks. He replaces Captain Crashride, who recently left the band.|
The band's frontman Admiral Nobeard had this to say: ""Ahoy scallywags and asshats! There's been a bit of a change in the 'Buckle rank as of late. We have recently parted ways with drummer Captain Crashride. He brought us five years of service and utter shenanigans, and we wish him nothing but the best in combating that extreme outbreak of scurvy. With that being said, we now have a new drummer stepping up to fill the boots and more so to speak, and that man be none other than Bootsmann Collins. He's a fucking killer drummer and quite the retarded pirate. So we couldn't be more stoked to have him aboard. So please give him a warm welcome with yar internet shit-talk and utter disgust for everything piratical. We wouldn't have it any other way. Eat a bowl of fuck!"
Swashbuckle recently entered the studio to begin recording their new album, Crime Always Pays, which is due for release later in the year via Nuclear Blast Records.
Yeah this band is kind of out there. They do have the best T-shirt I've ever seen in my life though. "If you can't fuck it, steal it."
They're actually one of the better new Thrash bands around.
ahhh Pirate Thrash :D
I'll be stealing this album personally.
You mean....PIRATING it? Ohohohohohohoo!
"If you can't fuck it, steal it"
i need that t shirt
Band is great for what it is.
Band is way too gimmicky.
gimmicky? i fail to see how being themed makes them gimmicky. Is amon amarth gimicky as well? is slashes hat gimmicky?
Unfortunately, pirate bands get a bad rep (except Running Wild).
eat a bowl of fuck? lol
Well, they wouldn't be popular if it wasn't for their pirate bullshit. It's okay to have a theme and all, but when you start making faggoty pirate news posts it just gets tired and gimmicky. Band makes okay music.
• Poison The Well reunite
• Blink-182 performing without Tom ..
• Papa Roach stream F.E.A.R
• Title Fight streams Hyperview
• Asking Alexandria singer quits
• Gorillaz reunite
• Minus the Bear Drummer Leaves
• New Death Cab for Cutie single
• John Frusciante goes acid house
• New Slayer album in 2015
• Atomicide stream new LP
• Armageddon stream new album
• New Ethereal Shroud Track
• Rabbit Junk Release New EP
• Howling Giant stream debut EP
• Cedar Boulevard's New Single
• AWOLNATION Release New Song
• The Offspring release new song
• Jeff Bridges releases new album
• Behind these snide eyes
• Dustin Kensrue reveals new album
• Adrenaline Mob drop new single
• Passion Pit album teaser
• Chelsea Wolfe announces new album
• New(ish) Jeff Rosenstock video
» see all news