|Lagwagon bassist speaks|
2010-02-09 by Mark Campbell | 9 Comments
|Originally posted on the band's message board, Jesse Buglione has confirmed that he is indeed no longer with the band:|
"I'm no longer in Lagwagon. And the fact that I have a son has a lot to do with it - I was gone for most of the time that he was two years old (he's 3 1/2 now) and missed a lot while we were on tour. It's no fun only getting to spend 10 minutes a day with him via Skype during his formative years. And, sorry to say, my son is much more important to me than Lagwagon. There are actually a number of other reasons that motivated my decision to finally leave, none of which I feel comfortable going into right now. Money isn't really among those, considering I'm making much less now working 50+ hours a week than I ever did with Lagwagon.
Overall, what it comes down to is that it's hard continuing with something if your heart's not in it. And for me, in a weird way, there's something a little more gratifying about doing my current job (art director for a magazine). Even though it's a magazine I wouldn't personally read and our monthly deadline is more stressful than Lagwagon ever was, doing new layouts every day has become a little more gratifying than playing 'Mr. Coffee' for the 2000th time."
The original message has since been deleted from the Lagwagon MB thread. Thanks to http://www.punknews.org for the info.
Lagwagon MB - http://superleon.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general
Among other things in the post, he said Lagwagon isn't done and will probably tour with a revised lineup, and wanted to stress he wasn't trying be asshole-ish about the whole thing, but it's pretty clear to me it wasn't the most amicable split
This makes me sad.
this was kind of a dickish statement I think
No more dickish than Cape's interview was though
How was it dickish? It's honest and the right thing to do, it looks like.
he basically said "i hate that band so much id rather make less money and work more hours for a magazine i hate doing boring page layouts."
No, he said he wants to spend time with his family, and is willing to make less money and work more hours to make that happen.
• Modest Mouse release the first si..
• Korn vs Type 1 Diabetes
• Marilyn Manson reveals Deep Six
• Periphery drops another song
• Kendrick Lamar performs new track
• New Enter Shikari video
• Incubus reveal upcoming releases
• Fair to Midland side project anno..
• Enslaved detail upcoming album, a..
• Imagine Dragons release new single
• The Darcys are now a duo
• Get Set Go stream new album
• Falling in Reverse debut new song
• Bobby Shmurda & crew indicted
• Stonebride drop new album
• SUMAC premiere new song
• Morbid Angel working on new mater..
• Prognathe stream new album
• The new Colour Haze record is out
• Methadone Skies unveil new LP
• Astrokraut stream debut album
• Sekte stream debut album
• New Ensiferum album
• Whalerider stream debut album
• Apex Shrine stream debut LP
» see all news