|Matthew Good Blasts Upcoming O|
2009-10-06 by Brandon E.L. Magnuson | 7 Comments
|Vancouver Rocker Matthew Good Blasts Upcoming Winter Olympics, which will be hosted by his hometown.|
Since 2003 Matthew Good has been an outspoken critic of the 17-day international sporting event, which will be held in his hometown of Vancouver, British Columbia, and his distaste has only intensified as the Olympics draw nearer.
In a recent a recent interview with Spinner Good has explained his justified hate.
"At the time, people were gripped with the usual Olympic fever," Good tells Spinner. "That was before the money started being spent and the problems started and the real economic and social ramifications of this thing came to light. Now that they we're coming up to it, we face a pretty bleak reality. We face the fact that we're billions of dollars over budget and the [International Olympic Committee] has called it the most expensive Winter Games that it's ever been involved in."
This is in wake of his 5th solo record, Vancouver, which is due out on the sixth of October.
The entire story can be on Spinner.ca
Tagged: Matthew Good Band
all olympics suck anyways
how is he a fag?
i agree. pull the plug on the olympics. it's no longer what it was supposed to be. it's just a shitnami of insane expenditures that would be better spent on social programs and infrastructure (not associated with linking event sites).
i can watch NHL hockey players on say....TV DURING THE NHL SEASON? instead of interrupting it for two weeks. balls!
Hmm didn't know this acually went up haha.
I agree, I believe even with the chance of mass capital, it's too much of a risk for a city thats already so frail.
matthew good tells it like it is
• New Black Sabbath album
• Machine Head release new track
• Milwaukee's Vega stream debut alb..
• Decapitated stream latest LP
• Matty Mullins releases new video
• Thom Yorke's new album!
• Veil of Maya singer leaves
• Plini releases new single
• Reznor and Ross stream Gone Girl
• Mastodon release video for The Mo..
• Keeping Up with Jeff Rosenstock
• ssSHEENSss stream new album
• Godflesh stream new album
• Kam Kama stream debut album
• Three Days Grace drop new song
• Yellowcard stream new album
• American Wolf stream new LP
• The Used video the Revolution
• Grst stream their debut album
• Falls of Rauros stream new LP
• Special Providence release new vi..
• Algebra stream new album
• Skindred's Benji goes solo
• Meghan leaves Punch
• Lunarsapian stream debut album
» see all news