|Matthew Good Blasts Upcoming O|
2009-10-06 by Brandon E.L. Magnuson | 7 Comments
|Vancouver Rocker Matthew Good Blasts Upcoming Winter Olympics, which will be hosted by his hometown.|
Since 2003 Matthew Good has been an outspoken critic of the 17-day international sporting event, which will be held in his hometown of Vancouver, British Columbia, and his distaste has only intensified as the Olympics draw nearer.
In a recent a recent interview with Spinner Good has explained his justified hate.
"At the time, people were gripped with the usual Olympic fever," Good tells Spinner. "That was before the money started being spent and the problems started and the real economic and social ramifications of this thing came to light. Now that they we're coming up to it, we face a pretty bleak reality. We face the fact that we're billions of dollars over budget and the [International Olympic Committee] has called it the most expensive Winter Games that it's ever been involved in."
This is in wake of his 5th solo record, Vancouver, which is due out on the sixth of October.
The entire story can be on Spinner.ca
Tagged: Matthew Good Band
all olympics suck anyways
how is he a fag?
i agree. pull the plug on the olympics. it's no longer what it was supposed to be. it's just a shitnami of insane expenditures that would be better spent on social programs and infrastructure (not associated with linking event sites).
i can watch NHL hockey players on say....TV DURING THE NHL SEASON? instead of interrupting it for two weeks. balls!
Hmm didn't know this acually went up haha.
I agree, I believe even with the chance of mass capital, it's too much of a risk for a city thats already so frail.
matthew good tells it like it is
• Kanye West causes uproar
• She has learned everything...
• Manchester Orchestra Hope
• Foo Fighters tease 'Outsides'
• xSPONGEXCOREx announce new EP
• Motionless in White debut new vid..
• The Ghost Inside detail new album
• Unearth release new song
• Chris Cheney forms supergroup
• New Decapitated track
• Avenged Sevenfold release new vid..
• GWAR reveal David Brockie's repla..
• Superfood set release date for ne..
• Another Exotype single
• Monster Magnet re-imagine album
• The Amity Affliction debut new vi..
• Dungortheb stream new album
• Spain's Horizon stream debut album
• Orphans of Dusk stream debut EP
• New Chief Keef song
• Mineral robbed on tour
• Josiah Leming releases video for ..
• Today Is The Day debut new song
• This Legend (Ex-Yellowcard) finis..
• Parker Cannon side project
» see all news