Lightning Strikes Sunset Rubdown2009-09-07 by Dr Dave De Sylvia STAFF | 16 Comments
|Sunset Rubdown bassist Marc Nicol narrowly escaped with his life recently after being struck by lightning.|
Nicol, a.k.a. The Nuc, blacked out and his heart stopped beating after being struck. He recalled: "My heart started back up after the electrical shock. I woke up feeling like I was suffocating and was delirious. Then I passed out for an hour, woke back up and saw the hair singed on my leg. Only then I knew."
Nicol has suffered no long-term effects from the incident, but he has inherited an absolutely insane scar:
Tagged: Sunset Rubdown
whoa. this may sound stupid, but i'd love to be struck by lightening if i got that scar, plus, it's a really cool story. So long as the lightening didn't paralyze me or anything more damaging than some temporary pain
Digging: Vince Staples - Big Fish Theory
that's fucking sweet
Coolest scar EVER. Almost seems like it was worth getting hit.
That is sooooo beast. Lightning proof!
this band is electricfying
DUH DUH, CHHHH!
Hell yeah. Me next!
Since he's fine, that's freakin' epic.
Band + scar rules
the metal gods touched em.
wanker, let me wank to your avatar.
Digging: Kylie Minogue - Fever
Their next album cover has been decided by mother nature.
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• R.I.P. Chester Bennington
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• The Fall of Troy bassist melts do..
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Deftones stream new single
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Rush drummer retires
• Another new Don Broco Track
• Steven Wilson debuts new video
• Humanity's Last Breath single
• Periphery Chester Tribute
• Linkin Park cancels world tour
• Pentakill return with new album
• New Malokarpatan song
• New Art from Thy Art is Murder
• New The Contortionist song
• Four Year Strong Acoustic LP
• Ensiferum premiere new single
• Nine Inch Nails debut new track
• PVRIS delay album release
• New Jeff Rosenstock Song
• Fuck Buttons' Hung Debuts
» see all news