Idlewild Album Details2009-08-21 by Thatsummerathome | 6 Comments
|Idlewild will release Post Electric Blues on October 5.|
The album, which was originally made available earlier this year in limited edition form from the band's website, will be preceded by the single 'Readers & Writers' on September 28.
Frontman Roddy Woomble said: "Album opener 'Younger than America' was the first track we wrote for the album. The idea for the lyrics came from a spate watching Westerns - simple stories of justice and courage set at the 'frontier'.
"It sounds the way it does because we're all big fans of Neil Young & Crazy Horse. After we'd written the song I though the record might turn into a American sounding piece of classic rock, but it didn't turn out that way really, especially after writing 'Readers and Writers'. The record went in whatever direction it chose to.”
did they name themselves after outkast or wut
i really should check out this band, this seems like a good time!
this is a feckin BRILLIANT album, up there with the band's best work. apparently the japanese release is going to have three bonus tracks, which are gonna be free to download to those of us who pre-ordered the album!
this album really is a contender for their best
• Michael Gira Accused of Rape
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Rush drummer retires
• Deftones stream new single
• Riverside guitarist dies
• Limp Bizkit to stop rollin', roll..
• New Dark Tranquillity Song
• New Story Of The Year in 2017
• New John Browne song/album
• Suicide Silence announce album
• New TK music video
• New Juicy J and Kanye West song
• Mono release music video
• Mayday Parade redo debut EP
• New Night Riots Song
• Dance Gavin Dance Revive the Robot
• Napoleon share acoustic remake
• Volcanic Queen releases new tape
• Oathbreaker stream Rheia
• First Song Written By AI Robot
» see all news