|Idlewild Album Details|
2009-08-21 by Thatsummerathome | 6 Comments
|Idlewild will release Post Electric Blues on October 5.|
The album, which was originally made available earlier this year in limited edition form from the band's website, will be preceded by the single 'Readers & Writers' on September 28.
Frontman Roddy Woomble said: "Album opener 'Younger than America' was the first track we wrote for the album. The idea for the lyrics came from a spate watching Westerns - simple stories of justice and courage set at the 'frontier'.
"It sounds the way it does because we're all big fans of Neil Young & Crazy Horse. After we'd written the song I though the record might turn into a American sounding piece of classic rock, but it didn't turn out that way really, especially after writing 'Readers and Writers'. The record went in whatever direction it chose to.”
did they name themselves after outkast or wut
i really should check out this band, this seems like a good time!
this is a feckin BRILLIANT album, up there with the band's best work. apparently the japanese release is going to have three bonus tracks, which are gonna be free to download to those of us who pre-ordered the album!
this album really is a contender for their best
• Poison The Well reunite
• Blink-182 performing without Tom ..
• Papa Roach stream F.E.A.R
• Title Fight streams Hyperview
• Asking Alexandria singer quits
• New Death Cab for Cutie single
• Minus the Bear Drummer Leaves
• John Frusciante goes acid house
• New Slayer album in 2015
• Gorillaz reunite
• New Ethereal Shroud Track
• Rabbit Junk Release New EP
• Howling Giant stream debut EP
• Cedar Boulevard's New Single
• AWOLNATION Release New Song
• The Offspring release new song
• Jeff Bridges releases new album
• Behind these snide eyes
• Dustin Kensrue reveals new album
• Adrenaline Mob drop new single
• Passion Pit album teaser
• Chelsea Wolfe announces new album
• New(ish) Jeff Rosenstock video
• Voivod post new song
• Minsk end hiatus
» see all news