Idlewild Album Details2009-08-21 by Thatsummerathome | 6 Comments
|Idlewild will release Post Electric Blues on October 5.|
The album, which was originally made available earlier this year in limited edition form from the band's website, will be preceded by the single 'Readers & Writers' on September 28.
Frontman Roddy Woomble said: "Album opener 'Younger than America' was the first track we wrote for the album. The idea for the lyrics came from a spate watching Westerns - simple stories of justice and courage set at the 'frontier'.
"It sounds the way it does because we're all big fans of Neil Young & Crazy Horse. After we'd written the song I though the record might turn into a American sounding piece of classic rock, but it didn't turn out that way really, especially after writing 'Readers and Writers'. The record went in whatever direction it chose to.”
did they name themselves after outkast or wut
i really should check out this band, this seems like a good time!
this is a feckin BRILLIANT album, up there with the band's best work. apparently the japanese release is going to have three bonus tracks, which are gonna be free to download to those of us who pre-ordered the album!
this album really is a contender for their best
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Deftones stream new single
• The Fall of Troy bassist melts do..
• Rush drummer retires
• Riverside guitarist dies
• Young Lions Detail New Album
• Third Eighteen Visions track
• Neun Welten Dive In
• Below the Sun air new stuff
• Wode stream new album
• The end of Desolated
• Goatwhore premiere new song
• New Tau Cross track
• Iglooghost's Run-Ready Mix
• Today Is The Day Announce Tour
• Vanna announce farewell tour
• Enter Shikari are Supercharged
• KMFDM debut 'Hell Yeah'
• Death Grips on Steroids
• Joshua Meijer releases music video
» see all news