|Idlewild Album Details|
2009-08-21 by Thatsummerathome | 6 Comments
|Idlewild will release Post Electric Blues on October 5.|
The album, which was originally made available earlier this year in limited edition form from the band's website, will be preceded by the single 'Readers & Writers' on September 28.
Frontman Roddy Woomble said: "Album opener 'Younger than America' was the first track we wrote for the album. The idea for the lyrics came from a spate watching Westerns - simple stories of justice and courage set at the 'frontier'.
"It sounds the way it does because we're all big fans of Neil Young & Crazy Horse. After we'd written the song I though the record might turn into a American sounding piece of classic rock, but it didn't turn out that way really, especially after writing 'Readers and Writers'. The record went in whatever direction it chose to.”
did they name themselves after outkast or wut
i really should check out this band, this seems like a good time!
this is a feckin BRILLIANT album, up there with the band's best work. apparently the japanese release is going to have three bonus tracks, which are gonna be free to download to those of us who pre-ordered the album!
this album really is a contender for their best
• Slipknot stream new album
• New Diablo Swing Orchestra single
• Fall Out Boy debut new material
• Papa Roach reveal new song
• Issues announce acoustic EP
• At The Gates post new video
• Cirle of Contempt post new video
• Nightingale returns!
• Housefire! release free mixtape
• Opiate Birth reveals artwork for ..
• Hey Rosetta! stream new album
• New Chief Keef and Tyga song
• Amederia stream new album
• Pain of Salvation stream new track
• James Blake releases new song
• New BBNG album with Ghostface Kil..
• Set It Off release new music video
• New Linkin Park song
• Plateau Sigma stream debut LP
• Circa Survive tease new album
• Bonobo returns with new EP
• A Tribute to Sonata Arctica
• Gates stream new song
• Damien Rice releases new video
• Foo Fighters premiere new single
» see all news