|15 Rules Of Retail: The Employee's Pov|
I'm sure some of you work in retail and can relate to this or add to it. I
definitely forgot some obvious ones but oh well.
Though I'm Alone
1. Always state your reason for going to the customer service desk. Don't just
throw a bag down and assume I know what you want. It's fucking rude.
2. Get off your phone. I always either completely ignore those people or ask them
as many questions as I can think of. Depends on my mood at the time
3. Don't wave or whistle at me. I'm not a dog. You can say ?excuse me? or find a
much better way to get my attention.
The Difference Between Hell And Home
4. Don't yell at me for something that isn't my fault and then tell me that it IS my
fault. Just because the store I work for screwed up (or you feel that way anyway)
don't assume that the person who answers the phone or stands at the desk is
|5||Front Porch Step|
So Help Me God
5. Don't come in all pissed off and immediately ask to speak to the store manager.
The store manager has more important things to do that delegate whether or not
you can return those christmas lights from last season that you don't have a
|6|| ||Better Off|
(I Think) I'm Leaving
6. Don't give me a receipt from 2007 and complain about getting a store credit.
You're lucky you can even get that at this point.
|7||The Rodeo Idiot Engine|
7. Don't show me an ID that expired in 1976 and expect me to treat it like a valid
form of identification. That shit wouldn't cut it anywhere else like a liquor store, or
when you get pulled over so I promise you'd be better off throwing it away. It's
taking up unnecessary space in your wallet. And no your library card doesn't work
8. If you are struggling with the self checkout register, ask the associate to help
you. Kicking, punching, and swearing will only make me come over and make you
feel like a dumbass by simply handling your issue without any effort.
The Finer Things
9. Don't expect me to give you cash back when you return something you bought
with a credit card or gift card. They all say 'NOT REDEEMABLE FOR CASH? on
them. You didn't find a loophole. It applies to returns too.
The Weight That You Buried
10. If I tell you I can't do something because the system physically won't allow it,
don't assume there is a superhero manager in the building that has the ability to
override EVERYTHING. There isn't.
11. If I say I can't return something, don't tell me to ?open the drawer and just
give you the cash?. That's called stealing. Why don't I just do that for everyone?
Why have the computers at all? Everyone just line up and tell me how much you
paid for your items and i'll just round up to the nearest 10 yeah..
|12||Balance And Composure|
The Things We Think We're Missing
12. Don't assume you understand how our store operations work. If I tell you I
need you to get another item that has a UPC on it don't tell me to ?call the guy
and have him give me the number? I can do that, but you'll be standing here a lot
longer if you don't just get it yourself. Sorry if it's gonna take me a while to get
him to know what I mean by saying it's a plant and has no code on it. There are
2000 items that could be.
13. Don't call me ?pal?, ?chief?, ?guy?, ?boss? etc. In fact don't even address me at
all. I've been here for 9 hours and your voice is irritating.
|14||Full Of hell|
Rudiments Of Mutilation
14. Don't hide an item you decided you don't want anymore behind something
else where we'll find it in a month. Just give it to an associate or even leave it in
plain sight so we can put it back.
American Radass (this is important)
Just shop online K?