Parallels
Parallels/sonicspeed500/sonic2/wes/leslie/Reverse Perpendicu
User

Reviews 28
Approval 97%

Soundoffs 57
News Articles 4
Band Edits + Tags 64
Album Edits 230

Album Ratings 249
Objectivity 81%

Last Active 02-04-14 12:16 am
Joined 10-03-09

Forum Posts 257
Review Comments 6,640

 Lists
10.03.13 Parallels' 4-year Sputnikversary 10.02.13 So Yeah, I'm A Girl...
09.02.13 B-side Yourself 08.29.13 Rate My Vinyls Bro
04.18.12 Most Shocking Tv Deaths?09.22.11 Top 50 Video Game Soundtracks
08.18.11 Closing The Borders Bookstore08.03.11 Michael Crichton Ranked
07.14.11 Strangely Arousing 07.11.11 How To Rate Albums [Red Letter Sputnik
05.29.11 Sputnikbooks01.07.11 When The Music Stops....
12.16.10 Elder Scrolls V Skyrim!06.22.10 Dream Theater concert!! portland, or
05.23.10 4 Hour Drum Workout05.18.10 Rec' Me Some Metalcore
05.16.10 THE=BEST=BAND=EVER=05.13.10 The Cake Is A Lie!!!
More »

How To Rate Albums [Red Letter Sputnik Edition]

Lately I've noticed a serious infraction upon the rating system used at Spuntik. People are rating albums with a 3, then scorning the album ending with "album sucks, dont get it", why the hell did you rate it good then? Other culprits are mass rating *cough* Gold *cough* Cobra *cough* both awful and classic. such an album is truely black and white yes? Well, here is a breakdown for you noobs and your 'something awful' logic.
10/0.5 LOLABLE

Ha! you cant do this, only ghosts of this site have successfully trashed your childhood albums of American Idiot and Nickelback. This pretty much means you will get flack if you even attempt to bring up this album anywhere but in the review.
21 Awful

horrendous. There is not a single song accessible or worth any amount of quality. This is something you should scorn at the picture and flip it over should you see it in your local Wal-Mart.
31.5 Very Poor

Exactly the same as 1, EXCEPT you have something redeeming about it, even if it is a single song you like or as a guilty pleasure. Maybe the attempt at the bands metal sound was enough to rate it higher than Justin Beiber.
42 Poor

A solid attempt was attempted, and it failed. You've got some low quality material on your hands, and it warrants few listens. Maybe a few songs are even worth keeping in your iTunes. People who rate albums based on one song should go to hell.
52.5 Average

Either the album really is average or near half the album sucks. If the latter were always the case then pretty much half the albums here on sputnik should have been "average" rated.
63 Good

Exactly what it says, its good. Not bad, not average, but nothing more than great. You find under a few songs to be perfect, and the album clearly has a missing piece. Sometimes you can hear a piece of the music and instantly know what couldve made it better.
73.5 Great

The album isnt at all bad, but the direction is unclear. There is a lot of good and a lot of "ick". Just use this for every uncertain album. This way you wont be scorned by the uber fans, and the haters will ignore you.
84 Excellent

Excellent. A good 20% is imperfect, but the rest is fucking perfect. You can't get much better on that remaining 80%, so this album is a great piece to the band/person/group's discography.
94.5 Superb

Pretty much means there is just a smidgeon of a bug/glitch/error/iffy spot on the album that makes it imperfect. Maybe its not worth repeated listens, or maybe you've got a single half a song that blows. There is something holding you back from 5'ing it. Maybe it's just that you think its nearly impossible for music to perfect. Well, you've made it this far, why not? it's essentially the same thing.
105 Classic

The classic rating. Note it dosent say perfect, but can be used for the same thing. If the new Opeth album has a flurry of 5's, you 5 it.If your favorite teenage angst album has every song you loved, you 5 it. You now Academy does this all the time for any band that causes ruckus.
Show/Add Comments (35)

FAQ // STAFF & CONTRIBUTORS // SITE FORUM // CONTACT US

Bands: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z


Site Copyright 2005-2013 Sputnikmusic.com
All Album Reviews Displayed With Permission of Authors | Privacy Policy