|1. was before new wave when they still ruled. one of my friends was getting boosted up by a few guys and was grabbing the rafters to slap a graf sticker on the ceiling. he grabbed an electrical chord during the encore song "we laugh at danger..." and ripped it out and the power went out. the drummer kept blasting and the whole crowd bum rushed the stage and screamed the chorus over and over for five minutes. |
2. phenomenal quality, they sound better live than on the record. took my sister and it was her first show.
3. saw them in brooklyn, bought some pot brownies from this hippie chick
4. most intense shit ever
5. basement show that was completely packed out. the whole crowd moved like one organism. the band was on the ground in the center of the floor and the guitarist accidentally smacked this dude in the face with the head of his guitar. afterwards me and my friends started talking to them and ended up drinking and smoking weed w/ the band.
|do you mean best live (musically) or personal favorite concert/most fun etc.|
your descriptions are sorta both + i wanna get my ranking right
|you decide and then post yr criteria along with the list|
these are just most memorable for me
|animal collective, st vincent, deerhoof maybe, sonic youth, deerhunter maybe. all i can recall; all were great|
|when did you see sonic youth? i saw them in 2007 and they didnt really gel|
|i was afraid they wouldnt be that good for various reasons (most of them obvious) but i saw them at atp 2010 and they absolutely fucking killed it.|
|man lightning bolt live would be so fucking amazing.|
|qwe, the were. made me weak in the knees. the most intense show ever hands down. they played in front of the stage on the ground and everyone crowded around them. only like 25 people there. my ears were ringing for 2 days.|
|list is #1 = most fun/meaningful; rest = best live|
1. Anger Management Tour 2000 - Limp promoting recently released Chocolate Starfish, Eminem and Papa Roach @ the height of Marshall Mathers LP and Infest's popularity, respectively, special guests: Dido + Xzibit. My first show (that was an artist I chose + not my parents)... Was too young to go alone so my mom took me + my little sister... lotta fun, got offered a joint + i remember looking to my mom and she's like 'nope.'... she still makes fun of younger people's taste in music by doing the Durst "Rollin'" motion that everybody in the crowd did... eminem with all that energy he used to have, chainsaws + prison jumpsuits, etc... great shit
2. Every Time I Die - saw them 3x: promoting Hot Damn (set at ozzfest, worst of the bunch), Big Dirty (set at warped tour, just ok), and NJA (headlining, was awesome, best by a mile)
3. Thrice, duh. Only 2x, once at warped (meh) once headlining (ill)... etid only gets the edge b/c they play metal
4. Motorhead (so loud its glorious)
5. TV on the Radio (band puts everything into a show, love it)
|i think they used to live next to steve albini or at least rehearse next door because at 12 pm he'd always be woken up by them playing monstrously loud and he basically had the best alarm clock ever|
|haha thats pretty fucking awesome|
|5 is really hard:|
tallest man on earth (just phenomenal, don't think I blinked throughout the whole set).
built to spill (right in front of the stage, hammered, singing "Car"= one of the best moments ever)
modest mouse (just seeing gravity rides everything live was amazing enough, awesome show)
against me! in 07 (small venue, good setlist, tom went crowd surfing while playing we laugh at danger in the encore, great time)
wilco (only concert I went to that was seated, but still a great experience)
|In no order particular order...|
- Rise Against
- August Burns Red
- The Gaslight Anthem
Yeah that was six, deal with it.
2. La Dispute
3. The Dear Hunter
5. Every Time I Die
the fall of troy (all 3 times i saw em)
|I havent been too many shows, the best I ever saw was Meshuggah|
|Roger Waters doing Dark Side of the Moon|
Roger Waters doing The Wall
|need to see against me!|
|fucking shit i forgot about streetlight manifesto dammit fuck|
|1. Godspeed You! Black Emperor last week|
2. My Morning Jacket at Sasquatch 2010
3. Coldplay at Rock Werchter 2009
4. Fleet Foxes at Rock Werchter 2009
5. Alexisonfire w/ La Dispute (Dog's Blood EP tour)
|oh holy shit I forgot my favourite concert: a Pink Floyd Cover band. The first half of the set featured hits/favourites from several albums, and the second half was the entire Dark Side Of The Moon. It was seriously one of the best nights of my life. I led a stage rush during "Run Like Hell"|
|ya Pink Floyd cover bands are pretty sweet, from various ones i've seen Animals, Wish You Were Here, Dark Side, and The Wall all the way through. was sweet but couldnt come close to roger waters|
|1. Godspeed You! Black Emperor|
3. La Dispute
4. The Gaslight Anthem
5. The Mars Volta
Godspeed was far and away the best though
2. Young Widows
|streetlight manifesto in a basement with about 50 people, was absolutely perfect|
Garage a Trois
Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey
Weird list, I know.
Shit, need Megadeth and Tool on that list.
|dredg at the troubador, the mars volta, my morning jacket when they performed Z in its entirety, Nine Inch Nails, Deerhunter.|
No particular order.
|1. la dispute|
2. these arms are snakes
3. Skunk Funk
4. Jaguar love (shut up)
|wtf is with all this la dispute being on here. they sucked balls live.|
1. The Dillinger Escape Plan
2. The Gaslight Anthem
3. RX Bandits (When they still had Chris Sheets)
5. Coheed (Neverender)
|los campesinos! i mean like duh!!|
|Does it count if I've seen U2 5 times?|
3. The Gaslight Anthem
4. Dropkick Murphys
|1. The Mighty Mighty Bosstones|
2. Tori Amos
4. Ben Folds
5. Marilyn Manson
|Godspeed You! Black Emperor|
The Dillinger Escape Plan
|redsky no frank turner|
1. Sonic Youth- I dont remember a song but it an hour and a half of musical bliss
2. Pavement- `lets pretend it is 1994` then gold soundz started and 2000 people (ranging from 18 year old punks to 40 year old moms with the kids) were singing along to every song and it
3. The Flaming Lips- WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
4. Lightning Bolt- He wore a fucking mask and they played on the floor
5. Rush- rush rulez 4th time I saw them was the best cause they played all of moving pictures
6. The National- matt is sexy
|1. Godspeed You! Black Emperor - very clearly number one for me. It was simply a breath-taking concert, and last year's best piece of news that they were coming here to Finland. |
2. Caspian. Dunno why, but this rocked so hard. It was a really small stage and there weren't a lot of people watching, but it was a mesmerizing gig nonetheless. And Caspian is pretty far from my favorite post-rock band.
3. Pain of Salvation. My first proper gig I ever saw, by my favorite band of the time. Rocked.
4. Anathema. They were here last autumn and had a gig that lasted almost 4 hours including the two warm-up bands they were touring with. Awesome.
5. Mono/Converge. Can't decide! Converge for the insanity present both on- and off-stage, Mono for the beauty and musicianship. It's a tie, then.
|1. Rage Against The Machine-most aggressive show i've ever been to, in the seats and in the pit. snuck into the pit once i got seat tickets|
2. Lightning Bolt-Swag performance. i love that they play in the middle of the fucking crowd
3. Rush-godly. Nuff said
4. Faith No More-They're pretty amazing live and mike patton is batshit insane
5. Primus-Primus always have these pretty chillswag live shows. not as aggressive as the 90s shows ive seen on youtube, but still pretty good.
|Every Time I Die (Fun to see live and mosh to)|
Circa Survive (Fuck...Anthony Green's voice is so great live and singing along with the whole crowd is a lot of fun,
The Fall of Troy (Saw them on the Phantom on the Horizon tour. Seeing those 5 songs played live was one of the
greatest things I could've hoped for)
Chiodos (This is back when Craig was around. Amazing live. I'd like to see them with the new vocalist, though)
Portugal. The Man (Damn good live band)
I only know a couple of Thrice songs, but they played with Circa Survive and killed it. Especially when Silhouette
started playing. I also saw August Burns Red along with Every Time I Die...probably THE most violent mosh pit I've
Also, no particular order.
|1. Titus Andronicus - Singing along face to face with the band was just the best thing I've ever done|
2. Foxy Shazam - These guys have fuckin swag
3. Streetlight Manifesto - Seen these guys 3 times and it's always a blast
4. Lightning Bolt - Same reason as you, kitsch
5. The Tallest Man On Earth - Captivating as fuck
question for kitsch, when you saw animal collective in brooklyn are you referring to Prospect Park in August 2009? because i was at that show and they were pretty fucking dope
|1. Muse - fuck you don't say anything|
2. The Flaming Lips
3. The Dillinger Escape Plan
5. Not tool, they fucking sucked balls and the fans were horrible...let's go with VAST
I know, I know.
|Lots of La Dispute on this list, they're from my state and I still haven't seen them. I need to get on that. |
Also I forgot Muse.
|weeping banana thats the show! holy shit thats funny you were there|
The Holly Springs Disaster