|Definitely 1,2, 4, 7, and 8. stay away from 5 and 9.... and 10 is meh.|
|1 look into getting pretty much everything they have. Start with either The Illusion of Safety (for a heavier more hardcore influenced sound) or Vheissu (which their more progressive, experimental post-hardcore).|
3. YES. Get Deja Entendu (a classic album for me) and The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me (nearly as good as DE, just a hair worse)
4. Yes. Look into pretty much any of their records.
5. Personally, I can't stand these guys, so I'd say stay away from them.
6. Not a big fan of them either, theres a lot better metal out there.
7. Yep. Look into their discography as well.
8. Yes, start with Lateralus or Aenima, both are fairly easy to get into.
9. I personally like these guys. Get The City Sleeps In Flames. I haven't heard all of their newest yet, so I can't really recommend that :D
10. I enjoyed their debut.
|I have Otep on the list bc I heard their lastest song (I don't remember the name) and I liked the sound of it and the singer doesn't have that crappy Cookie Monster voice that a lot of metal bands have.|
|Either the Illusion of Safety or Vheissu for Thrice. For APC definitely pick up Mer de Noms or Thirteenth Step. Lateralus or Aemina for Tool (I'd lean toward Lateralus, personally). And yeah 10 Years are okay... nothing particullarly special but their debut is pretty good.|
|Def Hot Cross, they're the best band on the list.|
|Start with White Pony if your going to go for Deftones. Its really good.|
|1- Vheissu, Artist in the Ambulance|
2- anything, I'm new to them so I can't help too much
3- don't care for, but they're ok
4- same as 3
5- Bone Palace Ballet is way better than the debut, but it gets really really annoying
7- hate these guys
8- hate these guys too
9- The City Sleeps in Flames, their newest isn't nearly as good
|get every thrice album, listen to bringonthebreakdown for a good starting point.|
get every tool album, start with lateralus and aenima.
|1-4 stay away from 9 it will scar you for life|
|Lol stay away from Hot Cross?|
Don't listen to a word this guy says.
|Thrice - try The Illusion of Safety, if you don't like it don't give up on them, listen to Vhessiu as Mr. breakdown says|
Tool - Aenima first, then Lateralus (both amazing albums)
|lol Cookie Monster voice|
|A Perfect Circle is freakin amazing. Get Thirteenth Step, it's flawless. Mer De Noms is a great album too though.|
Tool is another great one. Lateralus is their best album, but I'd suggest starting off with Aenima first.
As for 10 Years, they only have one album out as of right now, but it's a very good and enjoyable one. I think you'd like it, so yeah. Check it out.
|Yes to Tool.|
|Thanks guys. I listened to Risk Revival. It was good. I liked CTTS more, tho.|
|Thrice - Artist in the Ambulance|
Hot Cross - Risk Revival (their newest - it rocks)
Deftones - Around the Fur
Chiodos - both Cds have their fair share of decent songs
APC - Mer De Noms
Tool - Aenima
|What is CTTS?|
More importantly listen to Hot Cross's stellar, "Fair Trades and Farewells."
|CTTS: Circle Takes The Square|
|Lateralus was my first tool album and i loved it...it really started to let me not think all long songs suck...4 is a must Saturday Night Wrist is awesome...from your ratings you should get 1...i personally don't really enjoy them but the will fit your taste...start with The Illusion of Safety.|
|get 4 now! White Pony, Saturday Night Wrist and Around the Fur.|
|1 - The Illusion of Safety|
2 - Cryonics
3 - Deja Entendu
4 - White Pony
|^^Holy crap. Mikesn commented on my list^^|
|Definitely check out 9. Id agree with the others in recommending The City Sleeps in Flames to start with.|
|Of course. *slaps forehead|
Hot Cross > CTTS
|avoid otep at all costs|
|wow, a list that people think i actually gave good recommendations on. that makes me feel pretty good about myself. ahah|
|4,7,8, and 10 rule|
|I can't really add on to what other people have said, especially since I haven't heard all of the bands on this list. The ones I have heard, though, I'll just re-iterate what others have said:|
1. Thrice - I'd take other people's advice. I started with The Alchemy Index, and I love it, but according to all the recent lists, I'd probably love it more if I actually heard some of the other c.d.'s first (even though I'd already heard a couple songs from them).
3. Brand New - Deja Entendu, of course.
4. Deftones - White Pony.
7. A Perfect Circle - Mir De Noms is a great c.d....but I'd start out with Thirteenth Step. Try grabbing both very soon, though.
8. Tool - Lateralus.
Random whoring: if you haven't checked 'em out yet, try out Fair To Midland...a strange, eclectic hodgepodge of genres, but their third c.d. "Fables From A Mayfly..." would fit in well with these bands while at the same time offering something very different.
|Thanks for all the recommendations. I should go start a tab at FYE...|
|HighAndDrying i meant stay away from 9 and listen to 1-4 including hot cross|