|Well, 2,3,4,5,8, and 9 rule. But lacking in Bolt Thrower.|
|fuck dude where the hell is morbid angel ?? |
|What? No Hypocrisy?|
Also no Bloodbath, no Cryptopsy, no Pestilence
|needs more godsmack|
|i dont like these albums too many poofta melodies|
|Needs Atheist and Cryptopsy.|
|lack of cryptopsy, atheist, cynic, gorguts, pestilence, morbid angel, and suffocation = fail|
|No Behemoth = null!|
|it's funny how all the albums that people are pointing out aren't actually much better than the ones on the list|
|I LOVE old Sepultura, but I'd consider Arise and Beneath the Remains to be more thrash than death.|
Sick album though; "I see the world, DEEEEAAAAD!". Gotta love Max's accent too
|Anata? Necrophagist? Braindrill? Morbid Angel? Cryptopsy? Origin?|
|I really need to get into death metal, all I own is Behemoth and some In Flames. I think I'll give At The Gates a shot.|
|Damn, you guys beat me to the punch. But yes very much lacking in the Morbid Angel, Atheist, Cryptopsy, and Necrophagist departments.|
|Props for 7.|
|I was expecting this list to fail, but it's really quite good. Crazy props for 1, 2, 3 and 8.|
Arise shouldn't be on here though, thrash album.
Morbid Angel - Altars Of Madness
Entombed - Left Hand Path
Amon Amarth - With Oden On Our Side
Hypocrisy - Penetralia or Virus (Penetralia is a very satanic old school swedish death album, Virus is the best modern melodeath album; take your pick)
|I know there's a lot of bands im missing, i'm actually thinking on making it a top 20 list because of it.|
What i consider i'm missing (just because i love these 10 albums more):
* Behemoth (I considere them Black Metal although they are DM)
What i know i'm not missing because i haven't heard them and just might because you guys:
* Morbid Angel (Only Heard some of their older stuff not the classics)
* Amon Amarth
|morbid angel's old stuff IS the classics|
slowly we rot > cause of death
needs fucking Autopsy - Mental Funeral
|To Much melodeath and it needs Cryptopsy|
|yeah take out the melodeath|
|1 is grind.|
|also Brain Drill lololololol they suck|
|1 is definitely death metal, even Symphonies of Sickness is still pretty DM|
1) Necrotism from Carcass is Death Metal, not so much Grind like the first albums.
About Morbid Angel, i guess you can start recommending me a couple albums so i hear the best of them.
2) Obituary... Slowly We Rot > Cause of Death, i'm not so sure, it is the common sense but for me personally i love Cause of Death, the guitar solo's are the best Obituray have released (James Murphy fanboy here!).
3) I kinda agree that Sepultura is Trash, especially on their later albums, but Arise to me was DM, especially since i heard it when it came out, that CD marked me.