|UserAlbum Ratings 2Last Active 01-17-14 2:29 pmJoined 10-24-12Forum Posts 0Review Comments 1
I need some primary research for a documentary I have to make in class, which will be about rcontemporary music and how it changes. If the question has brackets, choose an answer from rthe choices. My list is current digs. Male or Female? /// Your age? /// List your 5 favourite rrartists/bands? /// How do you discover new music? (Music, Internet, Magazines, rrGigs/Festivals, Other) /// How much of an effect/influence do you think music has on people, rrculture, film, fashion etc.? (A lot, little, none) ///
Also, I have no idea what all the ' r's ' are about in my description.
|2||Oneohtrix Point Never|
NYC Stuff and NYC Bags Ep
Creatures of an Hour
1. Modest Mouse
2. Empire! Empire! (I was a lonely estate)
3. The Lawrence Arms
4. Wu-Tang Clan
5. Streetlight Manifesto
a lot, many people use music to help them perceive the world/put things into context
|Male/// 19 /// Coltrane,Dylan,T.Buckley,Robert Wyatt,Velvet Underground /// Internet /// Alot of influence, more so nowadays ///|
3. Belle And Sebastian, Frightened Rabbit, The Velvet Underground, Eels, R.E.M. (or something like that. No order)
4. Internet, magazines, gigs, festivals, friends
5. A lot
|Nice one guys, appreciated.|
|Male /// 28 /// favorite 5 artists: Pink Floyd, Neurosis, Death, ISIS, Meshuggah /// How do you discover new music? (mainly internet, friends sometimes, sometimes gigs/festivals) /// How much of an effect/influence do you think music has on people, rrculture, film, fashion etc.? (depends on the person I guess. personally, music plays a huge part in my life and is very fulfilling for me.) ///|
|would be interested to hear/read anything about what you gather from all of this|
3. Brand New, The National, Ulver, Electric Wizard, Burial
5. Depend on the person but music can definitely change how you think, even if not directly correlated to the band's image but rather the attitudes of the community involved.
3. Medeia, Bury Tomorrow, Deftones, Devin Townsend Project, Death Toll 80k
4. Mostly Internet (blogs, Facebook, Sputnik & other review sites), magazines, gigs and friends also sometimes.
5. Well some people get inspired by music like me and and some do not care much about it, it's easy to see from a person. It has a small influence on the other subjects but not really anything more.
3.Circa Survive, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Mew, Trophy Scars, Brand New
5. Music definitely has an impact on how people think. Some obvious examples are how people dress and talk and also the type of people they prefer to interact with. Obviously, this doesn't apply to every person, but, at least to men, many people certainly fit in this description.
3. Sevendust, The Mayan Factor, Oceansize, Chevelle, Poets of the Fall
4. Internet almost all the time.
5. I think that music has a great effect on people because it tells a story that people can relate to. If you can relate to the lyrics in music, such as a past relationship or the death of a loved one, then it can become a big part of your everyday life. I would definitely say a lot.
The Classic Crime
4. Internet, friends, concerts/gigs/festivals
5. Depends on the person. I live and breathe music along with a lot of my friends, but I still know plenty of people that don't really view it as a contributing factor on their lives.
3. Mastodon, Deftones, Burial, MF DOOM, Converge
4. Internet, shows
5. music has a lot of affect on people
3. Streetlight Manifesto, Gaslight Anthem, Yndi Halda, The National, The Wonder Years
4. Internet, sputnik a lot of the time
5. Music definitely has a lot of influence on my life and I like to think that it's like that for others so id say a lot overall.
|Finally an interesting list topic|
3. Toby Driver's work (maudlin, Kayo and solo), Talk Talk, My Bloody Valentine, Radiohead, Animal Collective
4. Internet and friends
5. Today as a majority? A little. Personally, the most.
2. 35 and got 16 million.
3. Busdriver, Nas, Aceyalone, Aesop Rock and myself.
4. Video games
5. I make my own beats.
3. Anberlin, Brand New, Yellowcard, Jimmy Eat World, The Shins
5. A little.
Don't you think #4 is going to be a disproportionate sample considering you're on an internet music site?
3. Thrice, Anathema, Children of Bodom, Coheed and Cambria, Bjork
4. Internet, Other (friends recing me stuff)
5. A little (for people, a lot tho)
2. Faith No More
3. He Is Legend
i don't really have a "top 5" but there are five of my favorite bands
Usually through the internet or friends.
I don't think music's influence is so much in a cultural sense as it is in a personal one. I mean, sure, you can't deny music's overall influence into all things entertainment, but I think that the much more profound change is singular and happens with the listener.
3. Jean Sibelius, Ludwig Van Beethoven, Burzum, Kate Bush, Bathory, Tenhi
4. Internet, friends, kind record shop people, my grandfather (for "classical" music)
5. Music has an enormous effect on me in a personal sense, and if this is true for everyone then I guess it inevitably ends up having an effect on our culture
3) Streetlight Manifesto, Deftones, The Hold Steady, Say Anything, The National
4) Internet and friends mostly.
5) Music has a very large impact on society and people in general. Without it, people wouldn't be who they are and life, I believe, would be a lot more mundane.
3. Deftones, Glassjaw, Helmet, Smashing Pumpkins, Ken Andrews
4. primarily internet
5. I think that music's influence on popular culture has dwindled quite a bit. Unfortunately "reality" TV (Jersey Shore, Real Housewives ect.) seems to slowly be taking over especially regarding fashion.
3. Mouth of the architect, cult of luna, isis, neurosis and the ocean
4. webs (mostly sputnik) and some friends rec me stuff
5. it affects me allot, dunno about other people and tbh i dont care