Old 04-10-2014, 12:07 AM   #1
Volumnius Flush
Tway's Sugardaddy

The Revelation of St. John

Have any of you managed to read this book?

I am a great interpreter of it.

It makes many startling predictions:

That calamities in the economy, ecology, weather, and government will unleash havoc on the world unlike that ever seen before.

A massive all-encompassing financial system will be established that will punish anyone who does not subscribe to it.

That 75% of people on earth will die during the various wars and disease.

That a great nation of that era will be destroyed completely in a matter of only an hour.
Volumnius Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:41 AM   #2
Mardy
hey HEY hey HEY hey HEY

it's a pretty common assertion that great nations will fall and all our institutions will fall too, innit?
that's just inclusive predictions.
Mardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:27 AM   #3
anthony
California!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volumnius Flush View Post
I am a great interpreter of it.
you are incredibly humble.
anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 02:50 AM   #4
Volumnius Flush
Tway's Sugardaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardy View Post
it's a pretty common assertion that great nations will fall and all our institutions will fall too, innit?
that's just inclusive predictions.
If what you're saying does in fact describe the prophecy, you're right. But the prophecy is very detailed.

It describes the nation as a major importer of goods, incredibly rich, influential in the arts and music, they have exported their culture throughout the ends of the earth... And as to its end, it claims that it ends very dramatically from fire in less than an hour. The nations of the earth mourn, not so much because they liked her, but because her excessive spending and trading made them rich too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amprok View Post
you are incredibly humble.
And you're highly insulting. Not only here but in most of your other posts as well.

Let me ask you a serious question: Do you expect a real expert on Revelation to be over on a baptist website thumping through his Bible and giving sermons, or on Sputnik Forums with a bunch of godless 20- and 30-somethings who are only half-serious?

My heart leads me to the second, but my mind says where to begin, because that question though logically worded asks a very queer thing!

So the best I can do for anyone here is to offer answers to questions anyone may have on the Revelation. I mean this in all seriousness because it's highly fascinating and a piece of art, no matter what you think of it being valid.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:14 PM   #5
anthony
California!

Quote:
I
Let me ask you a serious question: Do you expect a real expert on Revelation to be over on a baptist website thumping through his Bible and giving sermons, or on Sputnik Forums with a bunch of godless 20- and 30-somethings who are only half-serious?
Serious answer:
I don't give a fuck about Revelation, or Baptists, or whatever. I'm happy for them to be happy, but have no interest in their theologies outside of a strictly sociological standpoint.

I think when anyone declares themselves 'a great interpreter' they are pretty much guaranteed to be a total douche.

Seriously, let me give you some examples:

I am a great interpreter of the rap stylings of biggie smalls. (douche)
I am a great interpreter of the constitution. (douche)
I am a great interpreter of -insert any religious text- (douche).

People that are genuinely great at things, don't declare their greatness.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:52 PM   #6
JohnXDoesn't
Trolled off MX

i am great in bed :/
JohnXDoesn't is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:46 PM   #7
Volumnius Flush
Tway's Sugardaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amprok View Post
Serious answer:
I don't give a fuck about Revelation, or Baptists, or whatever. I'm happy for them to be happy, but have no interest in their theologies outside of a strictly sociological standpoint.

I think when anyone declares themselves 'a great interpreter' they are pretty much guaranteed to be a total douche.

Seriously, let me give you some examples:

I am a great interpreter of the rap stylings of biggie smalls. (douche)
I am a great interpreter of the constitution. (douche)
I am a great interpreter of -insert any religious text- (douche).

People that are genuinely great at things, don't declare their greatness.
I think you're just being an asshat, and not everyone feels the way you do. So what if you're an expert on Biggie Smalls' lyrics. If I have a question on his lyrics, then I would want to ask an expert, such as yourself. I don't feel the need to put you down because you're an expert in something that doesn't interest me, or because you're not an expert in something that does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnXDoesn't View Post
i am great in bed :/
JohnXDoe is an expert at pleasing women. Again, tell me why I should come into his thread and ridicule him for that, like you are doing to me?
Old 04-12-2014, 07:55 AM   #8
anthony
California!

that is a great interpretation of what i wrote. profound really. i believe scholars will be debating your wise readings for years to come!
Old 04-12-2014, 09:57 PM   #9
KriegdemKriege
mx roadie

Lol

amprok is such a tool.
KriegdemKriege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:28 AM   #10
Zmev
­

something something dinosaurs
Zmev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:32 AM   #11
superpeer
♪x♪=♥
Supermod

What the fuck! Volumnius Flush! Can't believe what still lingers here and now he turned into a disciple too.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:46 AM   #12
anthony
California!

Great interpreter.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:42 AM   #13
Volumnius Flush
Tway's Sugardaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpeer View Post
What the fuck! Volumnius Flush! Can't believe what still lingers here and now he turned into a disciple too.
Do you remember in about June 2005, you hadn't been Admin for very long at that point... The server crashed and thousands of accounts were deleted. Well, for one reason or another, my acct killswitchlog was banned for I think a three-day period at the time and it was deleted in the crash. So about this same time, I could tell it wasn't working with my killswitchlog account and I needed to spruce things up. I was hoping that the name could be changed to Volumnius Flush because I didn't want to give up my post count. But since it was deleted, that's when I started the Volumnius Flush account, with the tailored personality and narration and all.

The truth always comes out at some point and to be honest, you're probably the single biggest reason and member that was the catalyst for releasing VF on the world, in all seriousness. And obviously the crash is the biggest reason but as far as other members go, it was you.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:22 PM   #14
Mardy
hey HEY hey HEY hey HEY

GOD is DOG backwards!

Half life 3 confirmed!
Mardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:00 PM   #15
superpeer
♪x♪=♥
Supermod

Quote:
Do you remember in about June 2005, you hadn't been Admin for very long at that point... The server crashed and thousands of accounts were deleted. Well, for one reason or another, my acct killswitchlog was banned for I think a three-day period at the time and it was deleted in the crash. So about this same time, I could tell it wasn't working with my killswitchlog account and I needed to spruce things up. I was hoping that the name could be changed to Volumnius Flush because I didn't want to give up my post count. But since it was deleted, that's when I started the Volumnius Flush account, with the tailored personality and narration and all.

The truth always comes out at some point and to be honest, you're probably the single biggest reason and member that was the catalyst for releasing VF on the world, in all seriousness. And obviously the crash is the biggest reason but as far as other members go, it was you.
Is that good or bad?