Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
Old 03-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #1
RouteOne
67 inches of krieg
 
RouteOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 83,181
PC games you're looking forward to in 2013

Bioschock Infinite


MechWarrior online


Total War: Rome II


Dark Souls 2


Metro: Last light


Amnesia: A machine for pigs


Rainbow 6: Patriots


Neverwinter


Lost Planet 3


Dead Space 3


Red Orchestra 2: Rising Storm


Survarium (basically the next STALKER)

Last edited by RouteOne; 03-03-2013 at 05:11 PM.
RouteOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:12 AM   #2
Realfanback
mx roadie
 
Realfanback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Earth
Posts: 69
Really i hope that you are sure. I am really waiting for Dead Space 3. Do you know the excat date that it is going to be out
Realfanback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #3
Simpleton
Resu Deretsiger
 
Simpleton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,765
omg dark souls 2
Simpleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:59 AM   #4
Against All Authority
mk ix
 
Against All Authority's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: from out of town, flew in for the convention
Posts: 8,930
is the neverwinter the mmo?

like its in beta now?
Against All Authority is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:20 PM   #5
kurrpt
Respect the beard
 
kurrpt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: fear the beard
Posts: 36,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by RouteOne View Post
Bioschock Infinite : poop


MechWarrior online : poop


Total War: Rome II : poop


Dark Souls 2 : good


Metro: Last light : poop


Amnesia: A machine for pigs : poop


Rainbow 6: Patriots : poop


Neverwinter : not so poopy


Lost Planet 3 : poop


Dead Space 3 : poop


Red Orchestra 2: Rising Storm : poop


Survarium (basically the next STALKER) : poop

so, like 1.5 games then
kurrpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #6
jasonlee
FlighTravelGear
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Islamabad
Posts: 1
Half life update

Is there any update of Half Life, i love that game but its too tough.
jasonlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:52 AM   #7
RouteOne
67 inches of krieg
 
RouteOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 83,181
Kurrpt you have just been seriously judged
RouteOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:52 AM   #8
Against All Authority
mk ix
 
Against All Authority's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: from out of town, flew in for the convention
Posts: 8,930
ron must get paid for this shit
Against All Authority is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:42 AM   #9
kurrpt
Respect the beard
 
kurrpt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: fear the beard
Posts: 36,696
Well, lets go down the list. Shall we?

1. Bioshock : Yea, because the last one was SOOOooo much better than the first one.
2. Mechwarrior : The last good mech game was Armored Core 4 Answer. This is not that (makers of Demon/Dark Souls)
3. Metro : Another lack luster FPS. Throw it in the pile
4. Dark Souls 2 : Game is fantastic. I prefer the PvP in Demon Souls, but what cha gon do?
5. Amnesia : Umm, no one has any idea why this wouldn't be poop. They just throw a ton of gore in it to spark your interest
6. Rainbow : I'm still waiting for a good one
7. Neverwinter : I like these kind of games. Nothing new or fancy. Just more of the same
8. Lost Planet 3 : First one was great. The second, no one cared about. Same with the 3rd
9. Dead Space 3 : It's been out. Lost all sense of "survival horror"
10. Red Orchestra : Why do you think this generic WW2 FPS is special...at all?
11. Survarium : Wow, another FPS game? You have what, 2 games that don't have guns on your list, but they have swords.


All in all, you're listing stale games for a stale genre that is dominated by Madden of Duty '13. You listed one, really good game and that's it
kurrpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:45 PM   #10
RouteOne
67 inches of krieg
 
RouteOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 83,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Against All Authority View Post
ron must get paid for this shit
I'm sure the multi-million dollar a year game developers can handle their own marketing.
RouteOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:46 PM   #11
kurrpt
Respect the beard
 
kurrpt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: fear the beard
Posts: 36,696
ya list iz gwarbage
kurrpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:51 PM   #12
RouteOne
67 inches of krieg
 
RouteOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 83,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrpt View Post
Well, lets go down the list. Shall we?

1. Bioshock : Yea, because the last one was SOOOooo much better than the first one.
2. Mechwarrior : The last good mech game was Armored Core 4 Answer. This is not that (makers of Demon/Dark Souls)
3. Metro : Another lack luster FPS. Throw it in the pile
4. Dark Souls 2 : Game is fantastic. I prefer the PvP in Demon Souls, but what cha gon do?
5. Amnesia : Umm, no one has any idea why this wouldn't be poop. They just throw a ton of gore in it to spark your interest
6. Rainbow : I'm still waiting for a good one
7. Neverwinter : I like these kind of games. Nothing new or fancy. Just more of the same
8. Lost Planet 3 : First one was great. The second, no one cared about. Same with the 3rd
9. Dead Space 3 : It's been out. Lost all sense of "survival horror"
10. Red Orchestra : Why do you think this generic WW2 FPS is special...at all?
11. Survarium : Wow, another FPS game? You have what, 2 games that don't have guns on your list, but they have swords.


All in all, you're listing stale games for a stale genre that is dominated by Madden of Duty '13. You listed one, really good game and that's it
1: Last one doesn't matter. All that matters is the one coming out and it looks like it will probably be THE BEST one in the series. Honestly if you watch the trailers and aren't excited I question your capacity for appreciating a fun gaming experience.

2: I love the Armored Core series but Mechwarrior looks like it will be a solid online game. Nothing tells me that it will be bad.

3: lmao yeah Metro, the game that is considered one of the best FPSs to come out in a decade is a pile. Right.

4: w/e


5: No they use tons of different elements to make it challenging and scary. They hardly use gore at all.

6: Well you're in luck because they've released several that are great games.

7: here you are praising a game for sameness but you just criticized the above games for basically being that (in your opinion).

8: How can you possibly know that no one will care about it when it comes out

9: Probably not

10: It is the best and most realistic WW2 shooter out. Mods are great, good player base as well.

11: so says the guy that likes sameness and "nothing fancy".
RouteOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #13
kurrpt
Respect the beard
 
kurrpt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: fear the beard
Posts: 36,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by RouteOne View Post
1: Last one doesn't matter. All that matters is the one coming out and it looks like it will probably be THE BEST one in the series. Honestly if you watch the trailers and aren't excited I question your capacity for appreciating a fun gaming experience.

2: I love the Armored Core series but Mechwarrior looks like it will be a solid online game. Nothing tells me that it will be bad.

3: lmao yeah Metro, the game that is considered one of the best FPSs to come out in a decade is a pile. Right.

4: w/e


5: No they use tons of different elements to make it challenging and scary. They hardly use gore at all.

6: Well you're in luck because they've released several that are great games.

7: here you are praising a game for sameness but you just criticized the above games for basically being that (in your opinion).

8: How can you possibly know that no one will care about it when it comes out

9: Probably not

10: It is the best and most realistic WW2 shooter out. Mods are great, good player base as well.

11: so says the guy that likes sameness and "nothing fancy".
hack -n- slash looting games are all about having more gear and never maxing out your character. The whole genre is pretty much the same. If you like one, you'll like most. I personally don't buy any of them, but have played quite a few in the past. There monotonous, but that's what people are into. I'm merely commenting on that particular genre, not for every game and my personal taste.

Bioshock never reach it's early pinnacle again. They've already popped our proverbial cherry.
kurrpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #14
publicastration
I'm like a mirror
 
publicastration's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: I'm nothing till you look at me
Posts: 20,255
are you stupid kurrpt or just trying to troll

either way you look like an ass

especially your comments about bioshock, you clearly have no clue what the new one is going to be like
publicastration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #15
publicastration
I'm like a mirror
 
publicastration's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: I'm nothing till you look at me
Posts: 20,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrpt View Post
Well, lets go down the list. Shall we?

1. Bioshock : Yea, because the last one was SOOOooo much better than the first one.
they're taking a different approach with this one. ignorant

Quote:
3. Metro : Another lack luster FPS. Throw it in the pile
try fantastically atmospheric and tense. but whatever, you liked zombiu so you know alllll about tense and atmospheric games

Quote:
5. Amnesia : Umm, no one has any idea why this wouldn't be poop. They just throw a ton of gore in it to spark your interest
shows your ignorant console blindfold. clearly you haven't played the first amnesia so just sew your mouth shut while you're at it. gore? don't make me laugh, that game will make you terrified of dark corners. but you're too stupid to even own a pc to play it so i dont know why you're bothering commenting on it

Quote:
11. Survarium : Wow, another FPS game? You have what, 2 games that don't have guns on your list, but they have swords.
whats wrong with fps games
publicastration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:11 AM   #16
kurrpt
Respect the beard
 
kurrpt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: fear the beard
Posts: 36,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by publicastration View Post
are you stupid kurrpt or just trying to troll

either way you look like an ass

especially your comments about bioshock, you clearly have no clue what the new one is going to be like
I absolutely have every clue of what it's going to be like.
kurrpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:12 AM   #17
kurrpt
Respect the beard
 
kurrpt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: fear the beard
Posts: 36,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by publicastration View Post
...but you're too stupid to even own a pc to play it so i dont know why you're bothering commenting on it



whats wrong with fps games
I'm not sure what you're on about. I definitely own a PC ( i7 ) and a laptop that I could game on. I currently game on my PC with motion joy.

My problem with FPS games is that they are stale
kurrpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:27 AM   #18
fingers mccoy
LOL sorry hun
 
fingers mccoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: it's a status cymbal at this point
Posts: 22,086
p sure bioshock 2 wasn't developed by the same guys
fingers mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:28 AM   #19
Kris.
\_(ツ)_/
 
Kris.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,685
it wasn't
the main team from irrational started working on infinite pretty quickly after the original was released
Kris. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #20
RouteOne
67 inches of krieg
 
RouteOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 83,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrpt View Post
hack -n- slash looting games are all about having more gear and never maxing out your character. The whole genre is pretty much the same. If you like one, you'll like most. I personally don't buy any of them, but have played quite a few in the past. There monotonous, but that's what people are into. I'm merely commenting on that particular genre, not for every game and my personal taste.

Bioshock never reach it's early pinnacle again. They've already popped our proverbial cherry.
similarity does not = bad


and they're not monotonous at all



well seeing as how Bioshock Infinite may be the best game in the series we'll see
RouteOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:39 PM   #21
publicastration
I'm like a mirror
 
publicastration's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: I'm nothing till you look at me
Posts: 20,255
infinite so far is one of the most fun and exhilarating fps games ive played in awhile

presentation is just top notch, this is by far the best the unreal engine has ever looked, the game doesnt have fancy graphics but is absolutely gorgeous due to the art direction (one of bioshock's strongest suits). The game has just the right amount of corners and areas to explore without ever getting you lost from the path, and the game accomplishes the rare feat of making you WANT to explore every corner, and you are almost guaranteed to find something interesting beyond the usual ammo, health etc. the game feels really alive and its really refreshing to see they didn't take the route of every single person is against you. even when you're on the run there's areas of the city where people won't bother you or will even help you

combat is definitely more fun than bioshock's, the wide open areas mean you're moving a lot, some of the guns I suppose could pack a little more punch but they feel better than bioshock's, and the melee is super brutal. also the goddamn skyrails are as insane as im sure we were all hoping them to be. if ur playing on a big monitor you will definitely get some jumps in your stomach

so far its managing to be absolutely creepy as well which offsets its slightly disney look very well. (seriously anyone else keep thinking of belle when you see elizabeth?)

Last edited by publicastration; 03-26-2013 at 11:42 PM.
publicastration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:11 AM   #22
Simpleton
Resu Deretsiger
 
Simpleton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,765
fuck all that. I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT to play dark souls 2 for like 4 hours, have enough souls saved up to level like 5 times, buy a new weapon and fully upgrade it, AND GET KILLED BY A RANDOM ARROW 5 FEET AWAY FROM THE BONFIRE
Simpleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:22 AM   #23
HillaryClitTounge
Hillary Clittongue
 
HillaryClitTounge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: DC
Posts: 1,175
Warcraft 4
HillaryClitTounge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:07 AM   #24
kurrpt
Respect the beard
 
kurrpt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: fear the beard
Posts: 36,696
watched bioshock on twitch last night for about 30 minutes. i wouldn't pay more than 10 bucks for the game. might play it if it were free on PSN +
kurrpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #25
Kris.
\_(ツ)_/
 
Kris.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,685
can't tell if retarded or just trolling
Kris. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #26
kurrpt
Respect the beard
 
kurrpt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: fear the beard
Posts: 36,696
neither
kurrpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #27
fingers mccoy
LOL sorry hun
 
fingers mccoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: it's a status cymbal at this point
Posts: 22,086
never understood why people quantify how much they want a game in pecuniary terms
fingers mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:33 AM   #28
SugarCoatedSour
Numba 1 fukki
 
SugarCoatedSour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: the mercurial vicissitudes of the mind
Posts: 8,290
transmogrification of a restless or perhaps poorly established personal value system
SugarCoatedSour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:35 AM   #29
SugarCoatedSour
Numba 1 fukki
 
SugarCoatedSour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: the mercurial vicissitudes of the mind
Posts: 8,290
oh yeah DuckTales HD remaster for the win....I'll trade like a half-dozen eggs and 2 pairs of socks for it.
SugarCoatedSour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:42 AM   #30
kurrpt
Respect the beard
 
kurrpt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: fear the beard
Posts: 36,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by fingers mccoy View Post
never understood why people quantify how much they want a game in pecuniary terms
it's placing a value on a game based on it's MSRP. it's easy for people to relate.
kurrpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:03 AM.