Old 02-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #1
pronouns
mx newbie

Worst Live Bands?

Wasn't really sure where to put this, because it falls under multiple categories but whatever.

What are some of the worst live bands you've ever seen?

I saw Freelance Whales about two years ago and was absolutely crushed when I found out they were pretty terrible live. The amount of secondhand embarrassment I felt for them during Hannah almost made me want to leave the venue.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:47 PM   #2
Dbucsko
mx newbie

Have heard and seen several bands that are terrible at performing live. One is Third Eye Blind.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:59 PM   #3
Mardy
hey HEY hey HEY hey HEY

I'm a old time fan of RHCP and have seen them live a few times, but once they played a concert in Denmark, which I saw, that was so bad that a newspaper refused to grade them. Rest of the reviews were 1 or 2 out 6 ha ha. Guess they're getting old. Don't know how they have been recently though.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:36 AM   #4
JackInGreen
mx newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pronouns View Post
Wasn't really sure where to put this, because it falls under multiple categories but whatever.

What are some of the worst live bands you've ever seen?

I saw Freelance Whales about two years ago and was absolutely crushed when I found out they were pretty terrible live. The amount of secondhand embarrassment I felt for them during Hannah almost made me want to leave the venue.
is it has been so terribile? I don't seen neve bad band (professionals), but I have seen a lot of ridicolous amateur band .
Old 02-23-2013, 07:24 PM   #5
Bartimaeus
----

I agree with Dbucsko. Third Eye Blind was a disgrace to watch. Luckily the concert was free though, so I didn't get too mad. They paused their mellow indie music so that their drummer could do a dubstep improv. The crowd just didn't know how to react.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:54 PM   #6
JasonBard
mx newbie

i saw freelance whales at governors ball festival in NY and i thought they were great! the synths sound a bit different then the original but i think they still played very well. i dont really get why people think they're bad live??? whatever.

anyway, black bananas opening for sleigh bells was easily the worst performance ive ever seen. sleigh bells rocked my world tho =))

Last edited by JasonBard; 02-24-2013 at 08:47 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:11 AM   #7
StallionMang
mx newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardy View Post
I'm a old time fan of RHCP and have seen them live a few times, but once they played a concert in Denmark, which I saw, that was so bad that a newspaper refused to grade them. Rest of the reviews were 1 or 2 out 6 ha ha. Guess they're getting old. Don't know how they have been recently though.
Basically, RHCP shows will either be really good or really bad. It's a coin flip.

Digging: TTNG - This Town Needs Guns

Old 02-25-2013, 08:32 AM   #8
Mardy
hey HEY hey HEY hey HEY

Yeah. I got lucky two out of three times heh. Haven't seen them with the new guy yet, couldn't afford it the last time they were around.
I wish I saw them on their Californication tour, the Off the Map dvd is fun.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:45 AM   #9
sputniksputnik
mx newbie

i can't watch bands in outdoor stadiums anymore. too many bad sound issues
Old 03-02-2013, 03:47 AM   #10
sputniksputnik
mx newbie

meaning when i saw RHCP it didn't work for me but maybe because of the stadium i was in...
Old 03-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #11
Aeaon
ol' george bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardy View Post
that's because the rhcp are boring anyway.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:24 PM   #12
Dbucsko
mx newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartimaeus View Post
I agree with Dbucsko. Third Eye Blind was a disgrace to watch. Luckily the concert was free though, so I didn't get too mad. They paused their mellow indie music so that their drummer could do a dubstep improv. The crowd just didn't know how to react.

True that, Bartimaeus!