Old 02-13-2013, 04:16 AM   #1
rtuwe
mx newbie

How is rock music part of your life?

This is a question i've been thinking about personally, was interested in other peoples thoughts. Does it affect the way you experience life? How you see things? The social circles you have?
Old 02-13-2013, 06:46 AM   #2
badlanguage
mx platinum

sometimes I mosh in the shower
other times I mosh at the gym

I pretty much mosh wherever I go, even at traffic lights
Old 02-13-2013, 08:44 AM   #3
Goncalo Crespo

I^d say it defines who I am, as it is music. Music is so engraved in us, people say that it came before words did (and it's a fact that we do communicate in a completetly different way through music)

So, as I'm a very big rock music buff, it completely affects the way I see things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtuwe View Post
This is a question i've been thinking about personally, was interested in other peoples thoughts. Does it affect the way you experience life? How you see things? The social circles you have?
Old 02-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #4
rtuwe
mx newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goncalo Crespo View Post
I^d say it defines who I am, as it is music. Music is so engraved in us, people say that it came before words did (and it's a fact that we do communicate in a completetly different way through music)

So, as I'm a very big rock music buff, it completely affects the way I see things.
I feel the same, it plays a massive part in my life. It has the ability to influence my emotions and outlooks and is certainly something thats ingrained into me like you suggest. Do you think it acts as common ground between yourself and other people?
Old 02-16-2013, 06:58 PM   #5
Trebor.
Licensed To Wag

I am a musician so duh

Digging: Banner Pilot - Souvenir

Old 02-17-2013, 05:02 AM   #6
JackInGreen
mx newbie

The rock music and other music have part of my life, because with music I have fought big part of my life .
I am musician from when I was a kid of 15 years old. I have met only music in my life.
if I be alive it's merit to this passion .
Old 02-17-2013, 11:04 AM   #7
Goncalo Crespo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtuwe View Post
Do you think it acts as common ground between yourself and other people?
I totally feel that it can really connect me with total strangers AND is a major connector between me and my closest friends. Our love for music is something I love to share!!

Excellent question, btw.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #8
DirtBagDan
Banned

It is a part of my life because i listen to it every day without much pause, whatever im doing i always have something playing.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #9
DirtBagDan
Banned

Rock music i can also connect with a lot of the lyrics and stuff particularly by bands like between the trees and even some blink 182
Old 02-19-2013, 07:40 AM   #10
rtuwe
mx newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goncalo Crespo View Post
I totally feel that it can really connect me with total strangers AND is a major connector between me and my closest friends. Our love for music is something I love to share!!

Excellent question, btw.
Thanks! its been the same for me, music has been the first thing ive had in common with my friends and continues to be common ground with new aquaintances. Does anyone else find this?

Also, DirtBagDan, thats a really interesting point about the lyrics! How do people feel about lyrics? i.e. what effects do they have on you? Are they always important in a song?