View Poll Results: So how dead-on do you see this?
I see life in a whole new way... 0 0%
Good theory, but could be a perfect coincidence. 0 0%
Take this nonsense and return back to the overpass from which you came! 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2014, 12:37 PM   #1
DeadlyOWA
mx newbie

Lightbulb The FULL explaination of Frances the Mute

So, after a weird crazy night, laying down i had The Mars Volta queued up and made me think about the back story of it. So I found the old post Starting the explanation of it and posted it on FB for people who have never heard it or didn't know the back story to check it out. Then out of curiosity i went to see how far people have gotten, and to my surprise, and this is with a lot of other forum post about it as well, only get about half way into it. I did the research on it a while back, but never gotten around to ever posted it. So without a second though typed it up, found a link to the the theory they used, and realized all the post about are closed out. So if anyone wants to check it out, give some feed back, or even post another possibility, post it up. I'm start with the like to the old post starting the explanation if anyone new checks it out.

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-310543.html

And here's my continuation of it.

Frances The Mute (Song was the last entry in the diary, until the chorus, which is spoken by a 3rd party, possibly Jeremy Michael Ward as he reached a sudden end to the story, while his emotional (and possibly literal) connection was only reaching its peak.

"She said, ďIíll never let them hurt you
Iíll never let them in
What you took from me is mine
What is mine Iíll never giveĒ"

It's very very faint but if you think of the possiblity of the timeline of his search and the psychological view point, that one verse is spoken to two people, one that is meek and fragile, and one that found answer to a question, only to be in the form of irony. The whole basis of this story is only a chapter in a cycle of stories. He was a child of rape, abaondoned, turned his rage into rape and murder. He went looking for his father, only to find out he became his father, and he was there to try and change a cruicial point: The 1st person the spoke to was his child, born out of rape, and she knew, given Cygnus' condition, he could never raise the child, or even live long enough for him to even been remembered. the second line: I'll never let them in. the child was near date, but not yet born, so he took his son via c section. But that is where the breaks turn into the gas pedal. Hope y'all bought a couple of boxes of condoms, Because I'm about to mind f**k the sh*t out of y'all

Frances the mute
Frances is the Feminine form Francis, which in itself is both Masculine and Feminine
It starts out him looking for both of his parents, then it becomes all about his father.
Now here's where this theory can't be proven, but has evidence that it works, but first, the build up within the "iction"

Francis = Feminine version of Francis.

To be "Mute" is to be silent.

The whole story is filled with rape victims, and rape's greatest ally is silence, and each one in one way or another forced to be silent.
The end of a story. Remember the movie The Number 23? Same mental effect, in at which point he accidentally Overdoses on heroin. Now death is not always sudden, but if you cant control yourself, it is certain. Now a certain phrase said may needed to be researched via police reports. "This never happened, but I saw you leave." Now this sounds like the broken phrase of a mental breakdown, and possible his last words. Possible theory, he was known person in his area and known shooter. If you're new to this world, heavy users sometimes have these mental splits and like a person with turrets, will randomly shout out. Having heard the shouts and knowing he was solo, a neighbor call his roommate and told him he needed a check-in.
And the finale...or it seems at first glance.
"And crawl into a bed of broken windows"
Now he was found in his bed....but broken windows.

Now here is where the sequel was made, but written by different writers. TWO KEY THINGS TO REMEMBER: 1:They are the type of people who stand in a box and figure out not how to get out of the box, but how to get the box on the truck without them getting out. 2: The story behind The Mars Volta's first album De-Loused in the Comatorium was loosely inspired by "life and death of Julio Venegas", Which is shows they know tell you of their thoughts, but in a way were you will only understand it if you're willing to not hear it, but listen to it.

Now lets begin.
They created this all out of their speculation, for they could never truly know what Ward knew and how he perceived it, so given that it was a life changing experience, and knowing what they know of the situation, instead of making an album that grieved, make one that changes people, as in such a way this did them.
I overlooked it at first. You probaly overlooked it. But Did you over look it twice?
Both the album and the song carry the same name. Now, given they're intellectual level with lyrics, if this were the end, they more than likely would have changed it to Francis the Mute. Small change, but give the knowledge earlier, Francis is both, which would of meant closure, but because for a good non-hypnotic subliminal message to work, the need a bait and switch with an show boat entrance that you'll follow all the way until you realize it was the most useless part of the story while at the same time being the most crucial part.

Cygnus.....Vismund Cygnus.......not the name of the track, but say it to yourself just like that. It like Bond.....James Bond. Said like a person who's not just anybody, but somebody.

The name Cygus is Greek for Swan......But the fun part is........Vismund has no history, no meaning, as if it doesn't exist at all. Buuut, technically since it is there, as you can see it, read it, and say it, it does exist.

Story with math time!!!

Cygnus was not just a swan, but the the earthly embodiment of Gods throughout mythology itself. Now add that to the name that is as much fun as the definition of "ain't", and you get....drum roll please......The Embodiment of Nobody. Now time to show my work...
The Embodiment of Nobody is to be an action that will be recurring constantly, while only the players change. So this story could have fit anybody, but given the fact that it was found in the back of a car being repossessed, the actual timeline or the previous holder of this dairy are in the air, but what is known is it did connect to Ward on a personal level, and the topics were serious and as commonly happening as putting gas in your car. So where does the switch happen? Well, at the beginning of the Decoder, not the song, but at the very end. The chorus, only sung at the end, is also the only words spoken from a character not part of the story; That person is the "Beginning of it".

Glass on the Bed

http://www.raptitude.com/2009/10/how-to-fight-crime-by-making-your-bed/

And yes, you read that last part of the link correctly. It implies a theory called The "Broken Window" Theory. Now, I've done a lot of typing here, so I'll let you read up on that, Now most of you have ended up confused like Ward was at the end of the story. The smallest piece to make this mental orgasm in full effect: Where is the thing that puts it all together?

Now that we're all warmed up, let's begin.

The album was created to help others without any credit given to them and heavily inspired via ward.
The main character Vismund Cygnus can fit any person 9/10 times, but for change to happen, you need a catalyst, which the result may have nothing to do with the topic at hand, such as, I don't know, quitting opiates because your close friend OD'd on heroin.
Thus the message was in motion.

People heard it. People loved. But people didn't quite understand it, so people researched it, and in such the idea and lore was uncovered, but not the reason. Now supply and demand is a common thing, but when its something that people really need to make humanity grow and evolve, you have to also have to make them want it, really want it, want it sooo bad that they over look the reason, though like i said about a real good non-hypnotic subliminal message, make what they want seem better that what they need, and the entire message will be delivered while still giving them what they want, an end to the story, but it ended in such a way that you felt like you over looked something. So you go back, and you notice more and more, yet still have the urge too look. And thus you create a search party to help, and the same effect applies, but now as a community.

lol alight enough blah blah.

The only way to fight rape is to talk about, but as the events leave massive amounts of psychological effects, you end up with the basic 1+1=3 equation. You said no. You were right. He won.
Now take that equation And apply it as such: I have to talk about. It's the right thing to do. He will win. Though you the equation like the back of your hand, the trauma will most of the time make you see that you answered wrong.

Now, thhe album came out in 2005, and then Francis the Mute/Decoder a little after. The run time is 1 hour 36 minutes 34 seconds. That is all the time the used to speak to us. The years beyond that was all us. Less than 2 hours done right was all it took make humanity want to better evolve ourselves, and and very few even noticed it.

Aight, it's been fun but I gotta pee.
DeadlyOWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 01:32 PM   #2
mistersnitch

was this directed towards me? are you trying to insult me?
mistersnitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 03:10 PM   #3
DeadlyOWA
mx newbie

No specific person or insult intended. What was it that you may have found in an offensive way towards you?
Old 06-16-2014, 12:13 PM   #4
mistersnitch

i know when i'm being condescended to.
mistersnitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:08 PM   #5
Hep Kat

my theory is opiates and psychedelics

Digging: Merchandise - After The End

Old 06-16-2014, 04:11 PM   #6
HighandDriving
Fingas neva saw me coming

Lol I'd be interested in this like 5-7 years ago.

Digging: Nightmares - Suspiria

Old 06-16-2014, 06:29 PM   #7
DeadlyOWA
mx newbie

well, some trips open up your imagination on a new level lol. And yeah, it's a bit late. But who knows, maybe someone new to them might see this and change the way of seeing music
Old 06-16-2014, 06:50 PM   #8
HighandDriving
Fingas neva saw me coming

mx newbie

Digging: Nightmares - Suspiria

Old 06-16-2014, 07:46 PM   #9
T8js6q
Little Italy NYC

wtf are you babbling about? you need meds
T8js6q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:58 AM   #10
DeadlyOWA
mx newbie

Lmao you are correct my good sir. But if I may ask, how do you see it? I'm always willing to hear different opinions and views. Even an explanation on saying "it's an insane pile of shit" holds its own perspective how things are viewed though another person's reality
Old 06-17-2014, 01:00 AM   #11
DeadlyOWA
mx newbie

But that's me, I could be wrong, maybe it's a terrible tragedy