Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 10:17 AM   #301
Shiduba

All time charts still don't work and I am unhappy
Old 10-20-2011, 01:04 AM   #302
struth

Finding an artist with "&" in the title is super difficult. Is it possible to change an artists genre? I added some as 'Other' and would like to change to 'Electronica' but no matter how many times I try it doesn't change anything.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:33 AM   #303
Jom
Imagination will carry us.
Sputnik ModAdmin

Artist edits need to be approved first. Should be a pretty quick fix.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:47 AM   #304
Deviant.
Hedonistic Jaguar
Sputnik Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by struth View Post
Finding an artist with "&" in the title is super difficult. Is it possible to change an artists genre? I added some as 'Other' and would like to change to 'Electronica' but no matter how many times I try it doesn't change anything.
Taking 5 seconds or so to put in an edit for the artist name to be changed from & to and would be awesome as well

Digging: Theo Parrish - American Intelligence

Old 10-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #305
demon of surveillance

All my ratings have been deleted, do I just need to suck it up and rate everything again?

Digging: Lost Ubikyst in Apeiron - Abstruse Imbeciles Nailed on Slavery

Old 10-23-2011, 05:27 PM   #306
Jom
Sputnik ModAdmin

There's been a lot of this going on lately, so my advice (EDIT: for EVERYBODY!) is this:

1. Don't rate all your favorite band's/bands' albums 5/5
2a. Don't rate more than 50% of an entire artist's/band's discography 1/5
2b. If the artist in question has only one record, your ratings won't get wiped for a 1/5 rating
3. Nobody fucking believes you've listened to every Jonas Brothers album if all your Opeth ratings are 5/5, so just stick with your Opeths and away from the JoBros!
Old 10-24-2011, 04:59 PM   #307
WashboardSuds
flat chested

Need a band page fixed.
I had a dyslexic moment and accidentally made an extra page for "Serani Poji".
The incorrect one is called "Senari Poji".
I was wondering if anyone can either delete the latter one or merge them, seeing as the latter has another album in its discog. Thanks

Digging: Zodiac (VASE) - Zodiac

Old 10-24-2011, 10:09 PM   #308
Trebor.
Licensed To Wag

Horse The Band's page will never be fixed

Digging: Friendzone - Collection 1

Old 11-01-2011, 01:10 PM   #309
xfearbefore
RIP MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jom View Post
There's been a lot of this going on lately, so my advice (EDIT: for EVERYBODY!) is this:

1. Don't rate all your favorite band's/bands' albums 5/5
2a. Don't rate more than 50% of an entire artist's/band's discography 1/5
2b. If the artist in question has only one record, your ratings won't get wiped for a 1/5 rating
3. Nobody fucking believes you've listened to every Jonas Brothers album if all your Opeth ratings are 5/5, so just stick with your Opeths and away from the JoBros!

Followed this advice again Jom. Had all of my ratings deleted for the second time in two weeks again anyways. I've lost about 2000+ ratings over the last two weeks combining my original ratings + the last week I spent re-rating half of my damn music collection on here again only for them to be deleted, again, which I'm guessing probably stems from this user:

http://sputnikmusic.com/profile.php?memberid=453754

Who has repeatedly flamed/trolled me for the last few weeks, posting in my shoutbox repeatedly to sarcastically ask where all of my ratings have gone after he's already commented on my earlier complaints about losing my ratings, so I'm guessing he's probably the one who reported me again, and if he is, I'd really like to know what you guys do/don't do to people who repeatedly abuse your reporting system?

I love this site. I love the users (most of them), I love the staff writers, I love commenting and contributing and rating albums on here, I give this site a lot of my personal web traffic and I sing it's praises to all of my fellow music-listening friends and family. But after this has now happened twice in two weeks, I'm wondering why exactly I or anyone else should ever put forth any effort into contributing to this site if we're just going to be repeatedly trolled and have all of our ratings deleted again and again just because some of your other users are immature fifteen year old 4chan dickheads who think it's amusing to fuck with people's accounts?

I sent you another e-mail about this earlier Jom, thank you for your timely and cordial response to my original email a few weeks back, it was appreciated. I just would like to know if there's some way I can prevent having my ratings repeatedly deleted week after week or if I should just go ahead and stop using this site ever again?

Digging: The Smoking Popes - Get Fired

Old 11-01-2011, 01:59 PM   #310
Jom
Sputnik ModAdmin

I'll tell the others to have a look out for you so that the whole third time's a charm thing doesn't happen to you.

If something pops up again, we'll try to shoutbox you before the ratings take a tumble again. We're trying to fix the algorithm so it starts working again, but unfortunately, it being fixed is low on the head guy's to-do list for the time being.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:22 PM   #311
xfearbefore
RIP MP

Quote:
I'll tell the others to have a look out for you so that the whole third time's a charm thing doesn't happen to you.

If something pops up again, we'll try to shoutbox you before the ratings take a tumble again. We're trying to fix the algorithm so it starts working again, but unfortunately, it being fixed is low on the head guy's to-do list for the time being.
That's cool man, thanks for responding. I'm just going to not rate anything for awhile I think, because I really don't want to re-submit another 1000 ratings and lose them again over this. It's weird too because I purposely tried to not rate any particular artist's entire catalogue is either all 5's or all 1's, I don't think I gave all 5's or all 1's to any single artist at all on here, so that's why this is really frustrating me. I think I gave one LMFAO album a 1 and their other one a 1.5, so maybe that was it, but man, I genuinely hate those albums after listening to them.

Thanks for the quick response man. Take it easy.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:31 PM   #312
xfearbefore
RIP MP

This user is abusing the reporting system to have the ratings of other user's he has a personal issue with deleted repeatedly:

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/profile.php?name=kitsch

After I had my ratings deleted twice, and spoke up publicly in several threads on here as well as contacted Dave, Jom, and other moderators to help me with this problem, he literally just yet again reported my account for troll ratings in the "For the meds" thread in this section. After I had literally just spoken in that same thread about how I'm not a troll, and how I've had to repeatedly re-rate thousands of albums because of his petty bullshit.

Would be really cool if a mod could help me out here and tell him to cut the bullshit. I contemplated just reporting his account every day for troll ratings since shit, that's apparently all you need to do to have someone's entire rating database deleted, but then I remembered that I'm not a petulant immature child and decided to just post in here like an adult instead.

Last edited by xfearbefore; 11-01-2011 at 07:34 PM.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:36 PM   #313
Jom
Sputnik ModAdmin

My advice: relax. You write too many words.

If I told you that you shouldn't foresee a ratings wipe in your future, have the trust and confidence that you can go about your business. Granted, I can't control what the other meds do, but unless they are feeling particularly malevolent and spiteful, they'll heed my request to leave you[r ratings] alone.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:42 PM   #314
xfearbefore
RIP MP

Quote:
My advice: relax. You write too many words.
Thanks for the advice, my "wordiness" appears to be the main reason these trolls keep trying to mess with me.

Quote:
If I told you that you shouldn't foresee a ratings wipe in your future, have the trust and confidence that you can go about your business. Granted, I can't control what the other meds do, but unless they are feeling particularly malevolent and spiteful, they'll heed my request to leave you[r ratings] alone.
Thank you, I will go about my business and not bring this issue up again, sorry if this has been a tad bit annoying for you or anything it's just very, very aggravating when you're basically being e-bullied by immature trolls for simply having an opinion and speaking on it perfectly within the site's rules. All I want to do is talk about music according to the site's rules.

Thanks again for the quick response.

Old 11-03-2011, 06:06 AM   #315
Tupik

The charts don't seem too responsive, all-time charts don't work, and they haven't been updated for quite some time now it seems. I know this is an old problem, but it's quite annoying :s
Old 11-03-2011, 09:30 AM   #316
ks1

I encountered a bug, after going into my profile, clicking on the pie-chart(this happens to grindcore section);

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/genreindex.php?genreid=57

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') and reviews.memberid=members.memberid and reviews.bandid = bands.bandid and al' at line 1

That's probably no place for it, but I have to say that the site is fantastically well-designed. Props.

Last edited by ks1; 11-03-2011 at 09:34 AM. Reason: addition of an URL, which I thought,at first, is custom generated for my profile
Old 11-09-2011, 04:31 PM   #317
mcjewjew

Hi, I hope you guys can fix the bug that makes it so album cover art does not appear in the "lists" section when there is an apostrophe in the name (I.e. A Quick one While HE'S Away, A Hard DAY'S Night, etc.). It still looks good, but would be better if I could see ALL the albums cover art.

I also notice that some do show up, should I just shoutbox the people who got it to work ?>
Old 11-09-2011, 05:36 PM   #318
Deviant.
Hedonistic Jaguar
Sputnik Mod

Everything will show up provided you enter it correctly (a good idea is just to copypasta) but if you edit your list for any reason you run the risk of having anything with any kind of punctuation or symbol in the title disappear

Old 11-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #319
mcjewjew

I really should have noticed that before Deviant but I'm glad I brought it up anyways. I'm bound to wind up going back to edit all of my lists at some point, so I'm basically fucked. It's not a big deal but do you think it is something fixable/worth being fixed at some point?
Old 11-09-2011, 10:31 PM   #320
Deviant.
Hedonistic Jaguar
Sputnik Mod

It's definitely an annoying glitch that should be addressed at some point, but I can't comment on how high up on the list of things to do it is

Old 11-09-2011, 11:50 PM   #321
Jom
Sputnik ModAdmin

I don't even know how high up it is on the list of things to do. I think I was supposed to make a list of problems but I've become so accustomed to the bugs that the bugs seem normal.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:29 PM   #322
Idnuf
nine on the left

When I try to update my profile picture (for the review site, not the forum avatar), it lengthens and distorts the pictures. I've tried making the image wider (w/o making it taller) and my widening + the site lengthening do balance out but the image quality takes a huge shot from the distortion. Any idea on why this happens/is this common?
Old 11-17-2011, 06:00 PM   #323
Deviant.
Hedonistic Jaguar
Sputnik Mod

Are the image's dimensions identical? Like 200x200 etc?

Old 11-17-2011, 06:59 PM   #324
Idnuf
nine on the left

No, but my old profile picture (which was not distorted, uploaded maybe May 2010) was 500x375 and I've tried an image more square than that since and it was distorted.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:15 PM   #325
Deviant.
Hedonistic Jaguar
Sputnik Mod

Well that's my extent of my usefulness. All I know is that half the artist pics on this site suffer from the same problems because the dimensions aren't balanced

Old 12-30-2011, 03:55 PM   #326
Voivod
Staff Reviewer

Something is very wrong with the site's overall layout over the last 10 minutes...

The size of the letters and the graphic layout is diminished/distorted...

Digging: Madred - Supersonic Brainfuck Overdrive

Old 12-30-2011, 05:54 PM   #327
HSThomas

mynameischan's logged on, ban him please.
Old 12-31-2011, 12:55 PM   #328
mynameischan
Sputnik Mod

man your obsession with me is getting a little disconcerting
Old 12-31-2011, 02:42 PM   #329
HSThomas

Chan a) I was a little drunk and b) wanted to see if Jom would bomb the thread. I still think you're an arse but really don't give a shit what you do anymore.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:52 AM   #330
dolving999

Guys, I've said this before, but apparently no one realized it yet...

When you search for "HORSE The Band", the following appears: "1016/" was not found in our database.

I want to see those reviews GODDAMIT!
Closed Thread