Old 12-30-2009, 04:26 PM   #3031
Left Face Down
Ibanez Loving Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Transporter View Post
ok a few pages back i saw that someone bought a Sony Computer. wtf is wrong with you? not even close to being worth the price premium and they still load it with junkware. thanks guys. i've found that, 9 times out of 10, the only times that a computer stops working is if the hard drive dies (luck of the draw) or the person using it is a retard. i would never buy a sony laptop. lmfao didn't they offer to remove all the junkware they pre-install for an additional $100?
1) Sony makes great laptops
2) There wasn't half as much junkware on it than my friends Dell/HP/Toshiba laptops.
3) No they didn't offer to take it off, they did offer me Norton anti-virus and to install it for free... but I'm not stupid.

I had an HP before my Sony laptop, the mother board fried it self within a year. I mean, it got replaced by Best Buy it was so bad. Now, if you are not familiar with Best Buy's lemon policy it has to have five things go wrong with it hardware wise. This is what happened to mine:
1. HDD died
2. Onboard graphics fried
3. Screen died
4. HDD died
5. Motherboard fried it self

I've own my Sony since March 2005, and not a SINGLE thing has gone wrong with it. Now Toshiba has some decent laptops, but any one who buys a Dell or HP is a moron. Acer I've seen some great ones and some flop.

Last edited by Left Face Down; 12-30-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:29 PM   #3032
Blue_Moon
Slurms McKenzie! Party on

i got a dell laptop last year its grand so far but theres better ones alrite the specs were good for the time, still holding up really...
Old 12-30-2009, 04:48 PM   #3033
Left Face Down
Ibanez Loving Freak

Dell tends to build their computers out of old (hence forth cheap) parts. Combining this with the fact some of their parts you have to get from Dell, I hate them. We tried to upgrade one of my friend's Dell desktops in 2005 or so, three years old, fucker had RDram in it. Not even Dell had any, because it wasn't made any more.

Me and my friends have started building our own desktops, but of course we still have to go to a company to get a laptop. While they are seriously out of date, I have two Sony desktops in my house which have only had one issue a piece; their original HDD died. Both of their HDD died around the five year mark, but past that they still run and one is from 2001 and the other from 2003.

I don't mind dropping $2k on a computer that is going to be running 8 years later.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:00 PM   #3034
Blue_Moon

we had a dell desktop in our studyroom place for about 7 years ran good till the hdd broke about 3 months ago, it lasted quite a while and never upgraded with any issues, but genreally yes they're crap
Old 12-30-2009, 05:22 PM   #3035
Aes820

So what are all you cunts doing for New Years?
Old 12-30-2009, 05:28 PM   #3036
The_Mop
Mx UK Night Invasion Club

Most of my mates back home are arseholes so I generally don't get invited out anywhere when I'm back in manc, this christmas holiday has been no exception. I've got a party I think I can muscle in on for new years.... not too sure on it yet though.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:29 PM   #3037
Blue_Moon

no idea ill find out tomo, some party near the town or some other party near town or a local place

cba with any of it its pisin rain and windy n awfull weather and the gf is in work

but i shall be off my head
Old 12-30-2009, 06:02 PM   #3038
The_Mop
Mx UK Night Invasion Club

LFD - tbh the quality of a laptop isn't clearly defined by just brand. I've heard conflicting things about nearly every single laptop company out there. I've never had an HP laptop so Ican't really say much, but in my experience Sonys seem to be particularly good, but VERY expensive. Also, if you do your research you'll find that apple have pretty much ripped off sony for the past 7 or 8 years in terms of design.

But what I've heard about Dell is weird - you say they suck, and a few years ago I would have agreed with you (and still do when it comes to desktops) but a lot of the laptops I've heard some very good reviews about, and they're pretty reasonably priced. Toshiba's on the other hand, in my experience have been cheap in every aspect, especially there satellite laptops. However you say you've had some decent ones, and I'm not gonna doubt what you're saying, but it's more an indication that you really can't judge laptops just on brand alone. It's a bit of a weird thing.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:04 PM   #3039
Left Face Down
Ibanez Loving Freak

Tough choices
1) Do nothing special
2) Go to a friends party where I may be literally the only straight guy there. Though their will be plenty of straight women...

Edit:
MoP, I usually find $2000+ laptops from Dell are good. In other words, their higher stuff. Though I see no point in supporting Dell if I'm already paying enough to buy a Sony. Dell's customer service is "#1", but that is only because every one needs support for their Dells. One of my poor friends waited for 7 hours total before getting a service rep who told him to reformat his computer.

Last edited by Left Face Down; 12-30-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:25 PM   #3040
mnemonic
Drink Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Face Down View Post
Tough choices
1) Do nothing special
2) Go to a friends party where I may be literally the only straight guy there. Though their will be plenty of straight women...
go to the party but make sure to dress and act very straight.

but not too straight, that might look gay
Old 12-30-2009, 07:29 PM   #3041
Blue_Moon

maybe hes gay
Old 12-30-2009, 07:40 PM   #3042
oary77
Restricted User

NYE...I gots to work. and the day after and the day after that as well. Awesome life I'm livin.

AFA Dell. I have a Dell notebook,Desktop, And 37" LCD tv/monitor. Had a prob. with the notebook 3 years ago. OS died and had to reformat/ update to Vista. 1 problem with the desktop after it goes to sleep it won't come off the idle system thing when it wakes up. Just updated to windows 7 we will see if that helps.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:23 PM   #3043
Left Face Down
Ibanez Loving Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Moon View Post
maybe hes gay
I think my friend would have sensed it if I was... he periodically tries to hook me up with some model chick which really needs the 10 pounds the camera adds.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:37 PM   #3044
mnemonic
Drink Water

Quote:
I think my friend would have sensed it if I was... he periodically tries to hook me up with some model chick which really needs the 10 pounds the camera adds.
and you haven't? maybe he thinks your gay because you're not hooking up with model chicks that he tries to hook you up with
Old 12-30-2009, 09:42 PM   #3045
Blue_Moon

a fried of my friend says he isnt gay but he clearly is, i wonder when he;ll come out

hes grade a gay
Old 12-30-2009, 11:06 PM   #3046
Left Face Down
Ibanez Loving Freak

Only bad thing is that last time I went to one of his parties they had a bunch of bitches beer. He gave me a friggin wine cooler, I chugged it, and got a headache more than I got any hint of a buzz.

If I wasn't broke I'd bring real alcohol... make some Liquid Cocaine and have them all flat on their asses by the end of the night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemonic View Post
and you haven't? maybe he thinks your gay because you're not hooking up with model chicks that he tries to hook you up with
1) I know it is strange, but chicks who are 6 foot tall and 100 pounds... just don't do it for me.

2) The last one went on and on about how she was saving herself for marriage. Strange enough, 6 months later, she got married... thankfully not to me.

3) Models have the personality of a tic-tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Moon View Post
a fried of my friend says he isnt gay but he clearly is, i wonder when he;ll come out

hes grade a gay
My friend who is throwing the party... we knew was gay since like 6th grade. We generally teased him a little, but said "we don't care if you are gay." Sophomore year of HS he stopped hanging out with us. Last week of HS (Senior year) he came out, and now talks to me and our group of friends again claiming he stopped talking to us because we were right.

Go figure... he use to be up tight, now he's a really chill guy.

Last edited by Left Face Down; 12-30-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:38 AM   #3047
TriggerNYC

im working nye but after work i hope to find some lonely girl whos very drunk and halfway attractive bc i could se a place to crash for the night. im a workyer fyi.

also fyi im drunk right now and hate my ****ing band. i want to punch them. all of them. i should leave but leaving means i need a real job and to give up music so ill stick with them. i hate bad relationships. i wish i had a broad here to blow me but unforch i just have the mx forums and the spins. BLOWS!

ttyl gice.

bt dell laptops cant run protools. thanks dell bios i learned that the hard way.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:19 AM   #3048
motogrifo
sexy as alcohol

**** you all, happy new year bitches, remember who your cyber daddy is
Old 12-31-2009, 06:46 AM   #3049
El-Ahrairah
I kissd ur mom and she

Quote:

2) The last one went on and on about how she was saving herself for marriage. Strange enough, 6 months later, she got married... thankfully not to me.
Ooooh, saving for marriage = religious nutter. Don't bother with religious nutters no matter how cute they are, the worst people I know are religious, and the nicest, friendliest and most dependable ones are atheist or simply don't care
Old 12-31-2009, 10:34 AM   #3050
Sad But True
The New Krup

Word up Lod. 2 hours until I hit up the pub and 2 parties as a Smurf, just because. This Morphsuit is proving quite handy.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:10 AM   #3051
Blue_Moon

so dick

but ill be pissed ah it will be great
Old 12-31-2009, 12:52 PM   #3052
The Transporter
Banned

Quote:
Dell tends to build their computers out of old (hence forth cheap) parts. Combining this with the fact some of their parts you have to get from Dell, I hate them. We tried to upgrade one of my friend's Dell desktops in 2005 or so, three years old, fucker had RDram in it. Not even Dell had any, because it wasn't made any more.

Me and my friends have started building our own desktops, but of course we still have to go to a company to get a laptop. While they are seriously out of date, I have two Sony desktops in my house which have only had one issue a piece; their original HDD died. Both of their HDD died around the five year mark, but past that they still run and one is from 2001 and the other from 2003.

I don't mind dropping $2k on a computer that is going to be running 8 years later.
lmfao if you're gonna spend that much you shoulda got an IBM or lenova or whatever the hell they're called these days.

also toshiba is the best cheaper laptops fyi. they're made entirely out of toshi, which is highly resilient.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:38 PM   #3053
jaklyons
Truth Prez

Old 12-31-2009, 01:53 PM   #3054
purple_hazer
The man in black fled

plur trek
Old 12-31-2009, 03:32 PM   #3055
Kuffuffled
Banned

lol that flows well with new millennium cyanide christ
Old 12-31-2009, 05:09 PM   #3056
Left Face Down
Ibanez Loving Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Transporter View Post
lmfao
I guess I can't beat your highly detailed logic. I mean, the detail in which you go into is far beyond my comprehension.

Edit: Theory buffs, explain to me how to make an A minor 7th chord in the key of C major. All I find is that a minor 7th is 1, 3b, 5, 7b. Though the video I'm watching the guy clearly plays A minor 7th as A, C#, and G# to make the chord.

Last edited by Left Face Down; 12-31-2009 at 07:53 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:34 PM   #3057
JoshIsNumber3
Banned

Offspring t-shirt
Old 01-01-2010, 09:39 AM   #3058
Blue_Moon

roads mad dangerous dirving home lucky i didnt get stoped im sure there was a lota alcohol in my system didnt stop drinking till 7am
Old 01-01-2010, 10:19 AM   #3059
4yearpro?
Co-Master of Shecka

happy new year
Old 01-01-2010, 03:33 PM   #3060
purple_hazer
The man in black fled

Quote:
I guess I can't beat your highly detailed logic. I mean, the detail in which you go into is far beyond my comprehension.

Edit: Theory buffs, explain to me how to make an A minor 7th chord in the key of C major. All I find is that a minor 7th is 1, 3b, 5, 7b. Though the video I'm watching the guy clearly plays A minor 7th as A, C#, and G# to make the chord.
well based on the fact that he's spelling the chord wrong i would not keep watching whatever videos they are