Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-25-2007, 05:23 PM   #31
Riva
The People's
 
Riva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The North Of The South
Posts: 18,391
Ok guys, I know you all get off on posting your NP, but if that is all the content your post has I will delete it and probably ban you.

Also, I'm really considering just telling you three to take it to your other forum, since the only real reason I can imagine you guys posting here is to show off your knowledge of black and death metal to other people. Unless the other forum isn't still around.
Riva is offline  
Old 09-25-2007, 05:40 PM   #32
Deathcrush
Suffer
 
Deathcrush's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Skřtlünd
Posts: 5,869
That post doesn't bear much substance; why did you post that? Really Riva, I wouldn't expect such nonsense from you, of all people!

A "NP" is easily a good way to start a thread, as anyone interested in what you're listening to can kick off a discussion by speaking about it; unfortunately, it didn't really happen in this case.

Showing off black metal knowledge? This is a black metal thread! Countless times in the past I have tried to actually have people discuss black metal; but instead, all we ever seem to get is post after post of people asking "have you heard of this band? okay, i'll send it to you, check your rep!"

Is this really BM discussion? No, it's band whoring. Post after post after post of countless releases (70% of which are usually worthless) being whored around, and then plenty of spam in between from forum members like i_am_the_robots, Tojes and co.

You don't have any reason whatsover to chastise "us 3" (at least me, what the fuck have I done to offend anyone who "didn't deserve it"?), and just admit it. Sure, Dargon and Niflheim enjoy trolling other members quite often, but you'd have to be a fucking idiot to claim that even the most popular members don't do the same, albeit in a different manner.

I'm not really sorry if you're offended at me showing off what I know about black metal in a black metal thread. I had sort of hoped that this thread would run smoothly and have some decent discussion, but as always; and typical of this forum; people had to bitch because Dargon, Niflheim and Deathcrush are horrible, horrible people who are out to hurt you all.

I'd expect better from you, Riva.

Last edited by Deathcrush; 09-25-2007 at 05:46 PM.
Deathcrush is offline  
Old 09-25-2007, 05:41 PM   #33
Nostalgia
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mark 5
Jason 3
 
Old 09-25-2007, 05:44 PM   #34
RetiredAt21
i feel nothing
 
RetiredAt21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Thule (Lancaster, PA)
Posts: 61,802
I can't get enough Brenoritvrezorkre. I have Vermyapreb and Nevgzerya. They are both really good, but I much prefer Nevgzerya. I love the song "Borrarp!", though.
RetiredAt21 is offline  
Old 09-25-2007, 05:46 PM   #35
Nostalgia
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
In all honesty, you can't allow this thread to be created and expect it to run smoothly. Hell, haven't we tried that at least three times? You're eventually gonna have to live with the fact that there will be arguments on almost every page and almost no one will get a long.

If you can't except that, there's really no point in allowing this thread to exist.
 
Old 09-25-2007, 05:46 PM   #36
Angmar
The Red Menace
 
Angmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Seattle Washington
Posts: 28,458
Tbqh I don't even care anymore. If someone bring up an "untr00" band and Dargon or Nifleheim throw a hissy fit about it, then it comes down to we (me included, I haven't been so good at it) just need to ignore them and continue with our discussion.
Angmar is offline  
Old 09-25-2007, 05:46 PM   #37
Riva
The People's
 
Riva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The North Of The South
Posts: 18,391
I wasn't chastising just you three with the NP comment, it applies to all. I am not offended at all by your posting either, and neither am I by Dargon's. I have a personal dislike for Niflheim, but that is it. And the fact of the matter is it is incontrovertible that other posters like Hbp and Rattlehead will never let you guys be. I hardly think I was being rude or insulting to any of you by suggesting that you and they and I would all have an easier time of it if you took it to the other forum.

And I am seriously trying to crack down on trolling. I am attempting to reign in the jumped-up flame-baits like Rattlehead, and the regulars like Tojes or Dargon. If you think it isn't working, or isn't worth it, join the club. But to be honest I am not of the opinion that such behaviour isn't the way MX should be.
Riva is offline  
Old 09-25-2007, 05:47 PM   #38
rattlehead42147
japan4
 
rattlehead42147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ohio
Posts: 2,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalEnergy View Post
About time we had something like this.

NP: Mercyful Fate - Evil
excellent. satan's fall is better though.
rattlehead42147 is offline  
Old 09-25-2007, 05:48 PM   #39
RetiredAt21
i feel nothing
 
RetiredAt21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Thule (Lancaster, PA)
Posts: 61,802
NP: Torgeist - Flame Of Hate
RetiredAt21 is offline  
Old 09-25-2007, 05:48 PM   #40
Nostalgia
Guest
 
Posts: n/a


That was the best timed NP I have ever seen.
 
Old 09-25-2007, 05:48 PM   #41
Angmar
The Red Menace
 
Angmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Seattle Washington
Posts: 28,458
Meh, I can't say I dug Torgeist very much, most LLN sucks imo.
Angmar is offline  
Old 09-25-2007, 05:49 PM   #42
RetiredAt21
i feel nothing
 
RetiredAt21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Thule (Lancaster, PA)
Posts: 61,802
I like a lot of LLN. I know a lot of people think most of those bands are stupid, but I really really enjoy some of them.
RetiredAt21 is offline  
Old 09-25-2007, 05:50 PM   #43
Stormrider
Warbringers
 
Stormrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 16,522
I've rather Black Murder's first demo to their Feasts EP these days.

Last edited by Stormrider; 09-25-2007 at 05:53 PM.
Stormrider is offline  
Old 09-25-2007, 05:52 PM   #44
Angmar
The Red Menace
 
Angmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Seattle Washington
Posts: 28,458
I actually thought Black Murder was alright.
Angmar is offline  
Old 09-25-2007, 05:52 PM   #45
rattlehead42147
japan4
 
rattlehead42147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ohio
Posts: 2,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angmar View Post
Tbqh I don't even care anymore. If someone bring up an "untr00" band and Dargon or Nifleheim throw a hissy fit about it, then it comes down to we (me included, I haven't been so good at it) just need to ignore them and continue with our discussion.
what are you a noob? ive been really good at ignoring them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angmar View Post
Meh, I can't say I dug Torgeist very much, most LLN sucks imo.
agreed.


i really dont understand why the old threads had to be deleted simply because of spamming, the discussion will always return to black metal eventually. besides, i think i contributed maybe 3 pages but it was an argument, not just useless comments like i am the robots posts.
ex.
New fags gtfo
end post
rattlehead42147 is offline  
Old 09-25-2007, 05:54 PM   #46
RetiredAt21
i feel nothing
 
RetiredAt21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Thule (Lancaster, PA)
Posts: 61,802
Black Murder is great.
RetiredAt21 is offline  
Old 09-25-2007, 05:56 PM   #47
Tyler
twitter.com/#!/tylrmunro
 
Tyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 47,051
Quote:
ive been really good at ignoring them.
You're one of the main reasons the old thread was closed. STFU and stop mentioning it.

In regards to LLN, I listened to that Seviss again today and it's really, really good.
Tyler is offline  
Old 09-25-2007, 05:57 PM   #48
Riva
The People's
 
Riva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The North Of The South
Posts: 18,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlehead42147 View Post
what are you a noob? ive been really good at ignoring them.



agreed.


i really dont understand why the old threads had to be deleted simply because of spamming, the discussion will always return to black metal eventually. besides, i think i contributed maybe 3 pages but it was an argument, not just useless comments like i am the robots posts.
ex.
New fags gtfo
end post
Look dickhead, I deleted the first part of your post because you really are not good at ignoring them. The newly added part is even stupider, especially since you are yourself a "new fag". So shut the hell up, you are one of the main reasons why I delete the black metal threads regularly.
Riva is offline  
Old 09-25-2007, 05:57 PM   #49
RetiredAt21
i feel nothing
 
RetiredAt21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Thule (Lancaster, PA)
Posts: 61,802
I've never heard Seviss.
RetiredAt21 is offline  
Old 09-25-2007, 05:58 PM   #50
rattlehead42147
japan4
 
rattlehead42147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ohio
Posts: 2,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocaine View Post
You're one of the main reasons the old thread was closed. STFU and stop mentioning it.

In regards to LLN, I listened to that Seviss again today and it's really, really good.
and i get a bad rep for picking up sarcasm....

is solefald considered elite enough for discussion in here? linear scaffold is amazing.
rattlehead42147 is offline  
Old 09-25-2007, 05:59 PM   #51
Deathcrush
Suffer
 
Deathcrush's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Skřtlünd
Posts: 5,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riva View Post
And the fact of the matter is it is incontrovertible that other posters like Hbp and Rattlehead will never let you guys be.
The thing is, Hbp has improved quite a bit; he no longer acts like a moron, and at least has something that's half worth reading sometimes.

Rattlehead, however, is an absolute imbecile and I seriously think he should have been banned by now. If he were acting like the prick he is to members who aren't either Dargon, or Niflheim, I'd be willing to wager that he'd already have served quite a few bans already for his idiocy. Constant "blah blah blah" with no real substance.

Quote:
I hardly think I was being rude or insulting to any of you by suggesting that you and they and I would all have an easier time of it if you took it to the other forum.
Why not have a black metal thread? It isn't Dargon, Niflheim or myself that spams the threads up with absolute nonsense, and it has already been made clear countless times before who does.

Alright, I was obviously late in posting this, but the points still stand.

Continue.
Deathcrush is offline  
Old 09-25-2007, 06:01 PM   #52
Nostalgia
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
is solefald considered elite enough for discussion in here? linear scaffold is amazing.
Maybe you'd be liked more if you quit this ****.
 
Old 09-25-2007, 06:02 PM   #53
rattlehead42147
japan4
 
rattlehead42147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ohio
Posts: 2,515
i post normally until the elite come out and start attacking everyone's tastes. i promise i will keep that to a minimum from now on.

@nostalgia
ok so im not allowed to like solefald.
rattlehead42147 is offline  
Old 09-25-2007, 06:04 PM   #54
Riva
The People's
 
Riva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The North Of The South
Posts: 18,391
Personally I do consider rants about subhumanity and the like nonsense, but I do concede your point. And I've warned Rattlehead quite a few times about being a prick to people.

And seriously, do you really think I treat you or Dargon any different to other users? I've never had any problems with you, Mark, or with Dargon, so why should I want to discriminate against you? Well, besides the fact I told Dargon he could post however he wanted in other threads as long as he didn't use racial slurs? I mean, that is pretty much favouritism there, I guess.
Riva is offline  
Old 09-25-2007, 06:05 PM   #55
Stormrider
Warbringers
 
Stormrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 16,522
Quote:
ok so im not allowed to like solefald.
that's not what he was implying.
Stormrider is offline  
Old 09-25-2007, 06:07 PM   #56
Bazarov
Aryan Hammer
 
Bazarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Daygo bitch!
Posts: 6,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlehead42147 View Post
@nostalgia
ok so im not allowed to like solefald.
He's talking about your bullshit post saying "IZ SOLEFAD LEET ENUFF TO TALK ABOUT HERE!?"

Just talk about Solefad, and if someone dislikes them they'll speak up, the same goes for people who are fans of them.

So anyways, I can't get enough of the song Raped by Demons.
Bazarov is offline  
Old 09-25-2007, 06:07 PM   #57
rattlehead42147
japan4
 
rattlehead42147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ohio
Posts: 2,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riva View Post
And seriously, do you really think I treat you or Dargon any different to other users? I've never had any problems with you, Mark, or with Dargon, so why should I want to discriminate against you? Well, besides the fact I told Dargon he could post however he wanted in other threads as long as he didn't use racial slurs? I mean, that is pretty much favouritism there, I guess.
cool. well dont worry ill curb the spamming this time.

@stormrider
alright so it should have said this:
anyone like solefald?
rattlehead42147 is offline  
Old 09-25-2007, 06:08 PM   #58
Nostalgia
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
@nostalgia
ok so im not allowed to like solefald.
No, you're not allowed to constanly bring up stuff that promotes pages of spam.
 
Old 09-25-2007, 06:09 PM   #59
rattlehead42147
japan4
 
rattlehead42147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ohio
Posts: 2,515
refer to my last post, my bad.
rattlehead42147 is offline  
Old 09-25-2007, 06:10 PM   #60
masscows
says words
 
masscows's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: chair
Posts: 9,686
I can't wait to hear Wolves In The Throne Room's new album.
masscows is offline  
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:05 PM.