Old 05-07-2006, 02:07 PM   #31
MAthiAS
A Firestorm to Purify

The first one was pretty good, the second one meh, this one I'll wait for the DVD.
MAthiAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 02:41 PM   #32
Let's Chop Cats!
God

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaqadelic
Um totally not the way to reason your opinion. Lets do that one more time, the civilised and mature way.
How about you stop being a bitch and admit that I'm right.
Let's Chop Cats! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 02:43 PM   #33
Thor
good evening

I've only seen this one, and thought that it had potential. Should I see the other two, or pass on it?
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 02:47 PM   #34
Triangle

I enjoyed it for the mindless action. Probably the best out of the three.
Triangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 03:41 PM   #35
GuitarIs

Loved the movie. It was awesome.

I think Tom Cruise is a top-notch actor, despite his religion.
GuitarIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 03:44 PM   #36
Ramsey
MarsModule

Great movie, definitely best of the three.

The action was edge-of-your-seat full blown constant awesomeness---there wasn't a boring moment. The plot was pretty good, it at least was coherent rather than the last two movies which I never got their plots.

They actually gave the Cruise character substance, which I appreciated and it was a valient effort to make audiences care for him, and I did, at least a little bit. I cared for his character and felt for his wife. It was an action movie well done (unlike the turd Ultraviolet).

Ethan Hunt is the new Bond, and I like him even more in fact.

EDIT: Oh and by the way, not watching the movie because Tom Cruise is a loon is probably the dumbest fucking reason not to watch a movie i've ever heard of. Go to hell you faggots. His personal life has nothing to do with how good the movie will be, in fact this is his best role yet.

Last edited by Ramsey; 05-07-2006 at 03:50 PM.
Ramsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 03:52 PM   #37
Ramsey
MarsModule

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am miik
Tom Cruise's heart stops and he is revived with CPR. That is physically impossible as far as I know.
From what I know, you can revive a persons heart if you pound on their chest hard enough so that basically you'd be hitting the heart, and if the heart was touched it'd start up again.

Thats probably what happened I suppose.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:57 PM   #38
Zakath
Oi, fuсk off

Exclamation

Quote:
Tom Cruise's heart stops and he is revived with CPR. That is physically impossible as far as I know.
What you never saw Flatliners?
Zakath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 04:09 PM   #39
Ramsey
MarsModule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor
Example: when Tom Cruise got on the top of the wall of the Vatican the camera does a super close up and he says "humpty dumpty sat on a wall". It was so corny and lots of people in the theater laughed.
Quote:
Haha yeah why did he even say that? It had nothing to do with anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillius

I was wondering what the hell was up with that, too.

Wow you guys are idiots. He says it because thats the code to get his buddy to move the car (to let him know that he can move it out of the way for people to pass). It wasn't a joke, its a code word.

There should be an IQ test before people are allowed to watch movies, because clearly you three are too dumb to watch a movie with a simple plot like MI:3, jesus christ.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:14 PM   #40
Let's Chop Cats!
God

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaqadelic
I havent even watched the bloody movie. lol Still, even if you are right, being caveman to people about it is lame.

When your heart stops, you are only clinically dead, and you can still be saved by CPR and etc until the brain stops, which at that point you are truly dead. Savvy?
There was nothing caveman about me pointing out the stupidity in that kid's post.

CPR is only meant to keep the heart pumping blood to the brain so you don't die before paramedics can get there.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:18 PM   #41
Ramsey
MarsModule

Umm, no. CPR is used to restore someone to conciousness. Sure you can try to keep the person alive, but its ultimate goal is to resuscitate the person.

You know...Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation? CPR?
Old 05-07-2006, 04:47 PM   #42
Ramsey
MarsModule

Reiner is right technically, but CPR is made to restore someone to conciousness. Whether its an effective method or not is irrelevant. Its a great way to keep someone alive, but you pretty much want to wake the person up----even if its not a good way to do it (which it obviously isn't).

However, Reiner is also right so I stand corrected.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:56 PM   #43
ThePinkPanther
MX Detective

I just saw this today. I thought it was good. I also think Phillip Seymour Hofman's acting was amazing. A perfect bad guy.Besides, that guy grew up where i live.
ThePinkPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 04:56 PM   #44
Ramsey
MarsModule

Who knows if he did. She was a nurse wasn't she? I guess she kinda just put two and two together.

Most people use CPR when someones unconsious even if their condition does not require CPR---its just a safety basket.
Old 05-07-2006, 05:20 PM   #45
JohnXDoesn't
Trolled off MX

I want to see it, but I'm a bit disappointed that from the comments in the thread I gather it's an action flick. I always considered the second film a hit and miss action film. Didn't think much of it at all. The first I think is classic. Very suspenseful, and with Brian DePalma behind the camera that's what you would expect. I was hoping for a return to that sort of suspense.
JohnXDoesn't is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 08:00 PM   #46
Against Miik!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey
Wow you guys are idiots. He says it because thats the code to get his buddy to move the car (to let him know that he can move it out of the way for people to pass). It wasn't a joke, its a code word.

There should be an IQ test before people are allowed to watch movies, because clearly you three are too dumb to watch a movie with a simple plot like MI:3, jesus christ.
Regardless, it was retarded. You don't need a code word if there is nobody else is there. You can just say, I don't know, you can move the car now.
Against Miik! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 08:20 PM   #47
Pop music sucks
Don't kill me, Mama!
Supermod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necronomicon
Silent Hill was amazing >:-|
We should kill that guy

I won't see it in theaters, as this crappy town doesn't have a movie theater and I don't want to make a 600 mile round trip to drive to one. I'll definately check it out on rental.
Pop music sucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 08:36 PM   #48
Let's Chop Cats!
God

Quote:
Reiner is right technically, but CPR is made to restore someone to conciousness. Whether its an effective method or not is irrelevant. Its a great way to keep someone alive, but you pretty much want to wake the person up----even if its not a good way to do it (which it obviously isn't).

However, Reiner is also right so I stand corrected.
Muahah! I rule. Also I got certified for CPR last year and I remember my instructor telling me that for some reason, I barely remember anything else about the whole procedure on how to do it though. I think it expired a month or so ago anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXD
I want to see it, but I'm a bit disappointed that from the comments in the thread I gather it's an action flick. I always considered the second film a hit and miss action film. Didn't think much of it at all. The first I think is classic. Very suspenseful, and with Brian DePalma behind the camera that's what you would expect. I was hoping for a return to that sort of suspense.
Yeah, that's pretty much my opinion. Go see it deffinently, just don't expect it to compare to MI:1 or even have similar themes/tones/motiffs/etc. It's pretty much just a solid action movie for people who don't think a lot, so shut of your brain and you'll probably enjoy it. I went in hoping it would be more like MI:1 but it wasn't, also I dislike Tom Cruise so that doesn't help ether.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:48 PM   #49
Ramsey
MarsModule

Quote:
Regardless, it was retarded. You don't need a code word if there is nobody else is there. You can just say, I don't know, you can move the car now.
If someone heard him, it would blow his cover. Thats why they use code words. Not really retarded if you think about it.

Its way too stupid of a line to be a joke, it really wasn't funny and the filmmakers know that. Thats why it isn't a joke.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:57 PM   #50
Against Miik!

Quote:
If someone heard him, it would blow his cover. Thats why they use code words. Not really retarded if you think about it.

Its way too stupid of a line to be a joke, it really wasn't funny and the filmmakers know that. Thats why it isn't a joke.
I suspose, but still, they rever said that that was the code word, and the other guy didn't confirm anything when he said it. From a point of view, it could have just been a stupid line, followed by the other guy moving the truck. I'm not an idiot, I just don't think it was blatanly obvious.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:59 PM   #51
Tillius
Custom User Title

Quote:

Yet people still mindlessly laughed at it.

Morons.
Tillius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 10:04 PM   #52
Ramsey
MarsModule

Quote:
I suspose, but still, they rever said that that was the code word, and the other guy didn't confirm anything when he said it. From a point of view, it could have just been a stupid line, followed by the other guy moving the truck. I'm not an idiot, I just don't think it was blatanly obvious.
Not really, you'd have to be blind to miss what the other guy did. He held his finger to his headset and nodded, shut the hood and got into the car---if thats not an indication of acknowledgement, then I have no clue what the hell is.

Come on man, you're digging yourself a hole here. Its obvious it was a code word, and its even more obvious that it wasn't a joke. What do you want, the filmmaker to spoonfeed and spell everything out for you? The guy heard Ethan, and reacted to the word. The word was the code.
Old 05-07-2006, 10:07 PM   #53
Against Miik!

Quote:
Not really, you'd have to be blind to miss what the other guy did. He held his finger to his headset and nodded, shut the hood and got into the car---if thats not an indication of acknowledgement, then I have no clue what the hell is.

Come on man, you're digging yourself a hole here. Its obvious it was a code word, and its even more obvious that it wasn't a joke. What do you want, the filmmaker to spoonfeed and spell everything out for you? The guy heard Ethan, and reacted to the word. The word was the code.
I knew it wasn't a joke, I just thought it was a stupid line. Maybe I missed it when I looked at the guy next to me with a WTF look. I donno. I just didn't notice. Luckily, it wasn't that good a movie so I don't feel to bad about it.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:05 AM   #54
(*The Noonward Race*)
it's gold son GOLD

Quote:
EDIT: Oh and by the way, not watching the movie because Tom Cruise is a loon is probably the dumbest ****ing reason not to watch a movie i've ever heard of. Go to hell you faggots. His personal life has nothing to do with how good the movie will be, in fact this is his best role yet.
yup
(*The Noonward Race*) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:40 AM   #55
Liberi Fatali
Music watching over me

I found it is a good film for watching without having to think too much.

None of the acting was that bad, and none was that great. I'm a big Phillip Seymour Hoffamn fan, but it was fairly average for him. He didn't overdo it like many villians do, but something felt lacking.
Liberi Fatali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:16 AM   #56
Against Miik!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberi
I found it is a good film for watching without having to think too much.

None of the acting was that bad, and none was that great. I'm a big Phillip Seymour Hoffamn fan, but it was fairly average for him. He didn't overdo it like many villians do, but something felt lacking.
He plays such a good villian, even though you wouldn't think he would at first glance. He's actually just a good actor all around, although I hated Capote. His highlight of course, was in the movie Along Came Polly as Ben Stillers best friend when he brought the term 'shart' to the mainstream.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:21 AM   #57
Tillius
Custom User Title

Philip Seymour Hoffman gets pwned in this movie.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:35 AM   #58
Thor
good evening

Yeah he does. I must say that I threw my hands up in a fit of joy when he got nailed in the face by that car. That was certainly badass.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:37 AM   #59
Tillius
Custom User Title

It was awesome.
Normally they have this overly built-up thing in the end of movies like this to where the villain FINALLY dies, but this one just came so quickly and out of nowhere.

I mean, I thought there was gonna be a cool little fight and then someone gets shot.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:39 AM   #60
Thor
good evening

Yeah, had they done that I would not have been as happy near the end. Then it would have been just another cliched ending fight.

I also want one of those machines that can create people's faces and voice for you. I'd like to pass myself off as some musicians at concerts so I could get backstage and get some mad groupie action.