Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
Old 08-22-2015, 03:31 PM   #74761
Against All Authority
mk ix
 
Against All Authority's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: from out of town, flew in for the convention
Posts: 12,011
and seriously can the powers that be not see that we need a renewed vibrancy around here coming into the election campaign?
Against All Authority is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 11:35 PM   #74762
The Laughing Man
Your move, creep!
 
The Laughing Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Delta City
Posts: 1,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando! View Post
yo alex i know weve talked about this but i legit forget the answer: is your fam slovak
No why do you ask.
The Laughing Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:49 AM   #74763
Ando!
classic ando
 
Ando!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 16,159
slovakia is where the ancestors of ando! karas are from
Ando! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 05:37 PM   #74764
The Laughing Man
Your move, creep!
 
The Laughing Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Delta City
Posts: 1,091
My ancestry is from Poland so it might be the same name. Slavic brotherhood and all.
The Laughing Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 06:24 PM   #74765
Ando!
classic ando
 
Ando!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 16,159
facebook.com/bigs_and_yeti_hi5.jpg
Ando! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 01:04 AM   #74766
Smokey D
Moderator
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 32,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillaryClitTounge View Post
Smokey, just stop. You lost the argument. All wars aren't predictable. We pay in times of peace because of this. Get a fucking grip. We aren't going to cut our mitary budget by 100 times because some hack like you told us there is nothing to worry about because you read a Wikipedia page about strategy and are so well informed about geopolitics that you didn't know the members of NATO but will smugly asserting nothing will ever happen to mighty Sweden because of nato
Didn't say all wars are predictable. Said as circumstances currently exist, there's 0% chance of Sweden being invaded by anyone.

Quote:
. We pay 100 times more than Sweden!!!!!! Do the fucking math you snob Americans don't hate paying taxes we just pay for more shit than you hopelessly naive snobs with no defense, 100 times more.
I guess you don't know what per capita is.

Quote:
Ww2 was really part of ww1 and yeah no one saw ww1 coming. the only way your argument works, to basically have 0 self defense so you can spend domestically by banking on there being no war, is if ALL wars are predictable. Cool you predicted one war only to leave yourself defenseless to the next.
Lots of people saw it coming.



Quote:
Uh yeah they are criminals, someone who does something illegal is a criminal. No one gives a shit if they are giving pitiful amounts of tax revenue, they are criminals and they need to go before we start denying entry of legal immigrants. It's not any more complicated than that. If they are going to get amnesty they need to be paying at least twice the legal immigration fees for cheating the system completely and cutting a line they were never even invited to wait in. If you can't pay that gtfo we have other people waiting to come who can and aren't breaking the law
Nope, being in the united states illegally isn't a crime it's a civil infraction.

I dunno, maybe. I'm not really interested in the wherefores of amnesty. my only point was that they contribute a fair amount to the economy and/or treasury.
Smokey D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 02:05 PM   #74767
HillaryClitTounge
Hillary Clittongue
 
HillaryClitTounge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: DC
Posts: 2,642
It's sad all smokey can do is be patronizing and strawman "You don't know what per capita is? Tee hee" id expect that comment from someone no older than 19, I'd expect it most from a teenager just learning politics who is ultra defensive of his short sighted views

You can't just go on a Per capita ratio when deciding how big your military should be. Do I seriously need to explain why? I will but I want you to actually commit to an opinion for once and say you seriosuly see no problem with this because we all know you will deny saying it later after I show how dumb it is.

There's more than a 0 percent chance sweden will be attacked by microscopic Martians you imbecile. Get a grasp on reality and what 0 percent probability actually means, and how dumb it is to say for certain something won't happen when you acknowledge you have limits on your perception.

HEres the thing. You can't stop defending yourself if there is any chance of invasion and there is always a chance of invasion, contrary to the smug predictions of fools like you who were also the same type of people saying "hitler won't invade! There's no chance of that! Haha fool have you read the versailles treaty? Do you not know about the League of Nations? " ..."Well he won't again"... "well not again ...I'm sure this time" so you could not spend money on defense. There will never be a situation when delusional Scandinavians and New Zealanders admit there is a need for a significant defense, they will just roll over and get raped when the time comes while begging the us for help and insulting them for not saving a country that was just insulting us for having a big military budget.

Just like you did 70 years ago. Oops

And don't say "some people predicted ww2" they were complete fucking outliers and you know this Neville D. Churchill was ran out of the government for predicting war with Germany. The situations are very similiar, 1928 and 2015, just with different actors, China continues to increase its arms, so does Iran, so does North Korea so does a number of other irrational states with lunatic leaders. There's fools like you saying "don't worry, spend 95 percent of govt revenue on socialism, there's 0 percent chance of war." Then there's rational people who explain that just because your own country is not invaded, that does not mean you don't need a standing army / navy / airforce to quell threats around the world that will evolve into real threats that revolutionize warfare and leave us unable to defend ourselves (ie al Qaeda ie nazi germany and blitzkrieg)

War is not even a bit predictable, your argument relies on it being predictable more often than not. You argument shows you are an ignoramus and your argument can't stand up to any case study of virtually any war in the last century. You are just pathetic and honestly this is a waste of time talking to someone like you because you are exactly like Neville chamberlain, over confident in your views because you have a vein personality from financial success and you don't listen to anyone but those agreeing with you.

Last edited by HillaryClitTounge; 08-24-2015 at 02:24 PM.
HillaryClitTounge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 04:24 PM   #74768
danielito19
Registered User
 
danielito19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: people srsly thought i was from AL
Posts: 102
actually there has been no evidence of life on mars, thus a microscopic martian attack does indeed have a zero percent chance of happening
danielito19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 05:26 PM   #74769
Lakes.
right wing hipster
 
Lakes.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cognitive Elite HQ
Posts: 871
they found water tho
Lakes. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 01:08 AM   #74770
HillaryClitTounge
Hillary Clittongue
 
HillaryClitTounge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: DC
Posts: 2,642
absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence

so no its not a 0% chance.





i've noticed smokey goes silent whenever i bother to take the time to write a full comment that destroys all his arguments like that. that ww2 analogy was complete pwnage. He'll jump back in the thread in 20 comments or so and disregard everything I just said and start repeating "Americans just don't like taxes! Sweden is paradise! Get over it!"

Last edited by HillaryClitTounge; 08-26-2015 at 01:12 AM.
HillaryClitTounge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:10 PM   #74771
Volumnius Flush
Tway's Sugardaddy
 
Volumnius Flush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: texas
Posts: 5,995
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_sGn6PdmIo

Thomas Sowell is great.

The woman in this video is so stupid, she can only think in terms of how she feels and what she thinks, devoid of facts and argumentation.
Volumnius Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:16 PM   #74772
Ando!
classic ando
 
Ando!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 16,159
the guy who doesn't know the difference b/t vein and vane out here 'destroying arguments'
Ando! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 11:09 PM   #74773
Lakes.
right wing hipster
 
Lakes.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cognitive Elite HQ
Posts: 871
today is my 19th birthday guize
Lakes. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:45 AM   #74774
HillaryClitTounge
Hillary Clittongue
 
HillaryClitTounge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: DC
Posts: 2,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando! View Post
the guy who doesn't know the difference b/t vein and vane out here 'destroying arguments'
Funny thing is we both know you are an intellectual coward and the best you can do after being owned by me multiple times in this debate is come in and make a dumb joke about a single typo in a thousand word response, as usual.

Come back when you grow a pair and aren't afraid to step in the arena you facetious dork

It's honestly so sad. "Well yeah you proved the theory of relativity but you said "it's instead of its on page 4!" Have some shame ando, I get paid to write for people I don't need grammar lessons from someone who takes grammar in Internet forums seriously because it's literally all you have, focusing on irrelevant spelling errors. I mean I know you are a sad guy, but really?

Last edited by HillaryClitTounge; Yesterday at 11:48 AM.
HillaryClitTounge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:02 PM   #74775
Aiwaz
Member since Jun - 2004
 
Aiwaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Tool Album Soon...
Posts: 2,060
*Last edited by HillaryClitTounge; Today at 11:48 AM.*
Aiwaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:32 PM   #74776
HillaryClitTounge
Hillary Clittongue
 
HillaryClitTounge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: DC
Posts: 2,642
this is seriously what my competition has devolved to...? Lol

"You had a typo in that last 50000 word comment! HAHA passive agressive REMARK! Score!"

"This dude is EDITING HIS FORUM COMMENTS! Caught him red fucking handed! He thought he could get away with it, luckily I used my keen eye and investigate research skills to spot it, look theres another one! And he wanted us to believe the U.S. needs a military budget bigger than swedens? How can we trust someon who EDITS COMMENTS!?!?"
HillaryClitTounge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:54 PM   #74777
Aiwaz
Member since Jun - 2004
 
Aiwaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Tool Album Soon...
Posts: 2,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillaryClitTounge View Post
this is seriously what my competition has devolved to...? Lol

"You had a typo in that last 50000 word comment! HAHA passive agressive REMARK! Score!"

"This dude is EDITING HIS FORUM COMMENTS! Caught him red fucking handed! He thought he could get away with it, luckily I used my keen eye and investigate research skills to spot it, look theres another one! And he wanted us to believe the U.S. needs a military budget bigger than swedens? How can we trust someon who EDITS COMMENTS!?!?"



http://www.psychforums.com/anger-management/
Aiwaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:02 PM   #74778
RouteOne
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 83,581
Smokey why is your country changing its flag to one these fucking terrible designs


https://www.govt.nz/browse/engaging-with-government/the-nz-flag-your-chance-to-decide/



the only half-way decent one is the second on in from the left. The rest are basically an affront to anyone with half a brain

Last edited by RouteOne; Yesterday at 02:13 PM.
RouteOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:33 PM   #74779
PlatonicMushroom
mx newbie
 
PlatonicMushroom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 11
Because people can't tell apart the NZ flag from the Aussie flag

Also I don't think they've committed to actually changing it
PlatonicMushroom is offline  

Digging: Banks - Goddess

Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:40 PM   #74780
Smokey D
Moderator
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 32,789
Coz Australia and about 14 other pacific countries have basically the same flag. Or because the government is trying to distract us with a flag referendum while entering the tpp by stealth. Depends who you ask.

The silver fern is like our national symbol, so that's why it features. Black and white are our sporting colours. The red and blue refer back to the current flag, as does the southern cross. Reckon there were someone interesting ones in the design phase but hey

There's a two stage referendum. First one is we choose which flag out of those four we like, then deciding Whether we prefer that one to the current flag.
Smokey D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:03 PM   #74781
HillaryClitTounge
Hillary Clittongue
 
HillaryClitTounge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: DC
Posts: 2,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by RouteOne View Post
Smokey why is your country changing its flag to one these fucking terrible designs


https://www.govt.nz/browse/engaging-with-government/the-nz-flag-your-chance-to-decide/



the only half-way decent one is the second on in from the left. The rest are basically an affront to anyone with half a brain
cuz when your nation has historically stood for nothing and watched while tyranny and sadism nearly engulfed the world permanently, you stand for anything. when your nation has no noble history behind it, the flag is just a rag, thats why these people can't understand why the South wants to hold onto the Dixie flag

the NZ flag should be a kid getting free healthcare right before he is bayoneted by a nazi
HillaryClitTounge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:31 PM   #74782
Ando!
classic ando
 
Ando!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 16,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillaryClitTounge View Post
Funny thing is we both know you are an intellectual coward and the best you can do after being owned by me multiple times in this debate is come in and make a dumb joke about a single typo in a thousand word response, as usual.

Come back when you grow a pair and aren't afraid to step in the arena you facetious dork

It's honestly so sad. "Well yeah you proved the theory of relativity but you said "it's instead of its on page 4!" Have some shame ando, I get paid to write for people I don't need grammar lessons from someone who takes grammar in Internet forums seriously because it's literally all you have, focusing on irrelevant spelling errors. I mean I know you are a sad guy, but really?
"look at how ripped my debate muscles are

been doin a lotta REFUTES lately, really out here tryna maximize the gains in my upper cortexes"
Ando! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:33 PM   #74783
Ando!
classic ando
 
Ando!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 16,159
"fuckin hate it when scrawney jamokes hog the ADHOM machine"
Ando! is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:18 PM.