Old 08-14-2017, 06:35 PM   #76141
sokorny
mx opening act

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volumnius Flush View Post
The real question is how are we going to help Kim with his weight? We have multiple programs, Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, Atkins, even support groups like Overeaters Anonymous, and of course surgical interventions like the gastric bypass.

But which one? I for one don't hold out much hope for this proposition. I don't think Kim will overcome his issues with weight, and this must certainly lead to either the nuclear termination of America or the complete desolation of North Korea. May God have mercy on our souls.
He'd probably be best off doing some time in his army ... I'd imagine they'd have some fitness and weight standards that he'd have to satisfy. He could use it as a propaganda plug to show he is fit, strong, healthy (much like Putin uses his shirtless and judo shoots in Russia).
sokorny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 02:50 AM   #76142
Volumnius Flush
DON'T BE LATE MASTURBATE

We should send him a copy of Richard Simmons' "Sweatin' to the Oldies".

Kim: What is this American shit! It is brilliant! How wrong I was! America is the greatest nation on earth! Thank you Richard Simmons for opening my eyes to the truth!
Volumnius Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 05:17 PM   #76143
Volumnius Flush
DON'T BE LATE MASTURBATE

Trying to reason with conservatives on why we need a social safety net:

You can't just tell somebody to go out and work hard and they'll make it. Some people cannot, either temporarily or permanently, make a living to a level in which they can subsist. An optimized system recognizes this spectrum of abilities, from those who can be rehabilitated in full, or to a degree, or not at all, and responds accordingly.

Telling someone who is physically, mentally, developmentally, or emotionally handicapped to just go out and work and stop taking other people's money is not a solution.

How do you tell someone to pick themselves up by their bootstraps who is a double amputee, has no feet, and no shoes by which straps they have to pick themselves up?

This is like telling someone with no legs, "Go out and run the race."

"But I have no legs, sir."

"Well that's a poor excuse! Have you ever tried?"

"No sir, I have no legs. I tried telling..."

"Bullhonkey! That's just a defeatist attitude! You wimp, you're going to give up without even giving it a try?"

"Good Lord, man, I have no legs. I've been trying to tell you.."

"Excuses, excuses. Take a walk, loser."

"I have no legs!"

"Oh, right. Well fuck you any way. Thank you Rush Limbaugh! "
Old 08-15-2017, 08:36 PM   #76144
titanslayer
I kill gods

a family friend of mine has muscular dystrophy and can't move her legs at all and has trouble moving her arms but she has an office job.

So how do I "tell someone to pick themselves up by their bootstraps who is a double amputee, has no feet, and no shoes by which straps they have to pick themselves up?"

The same way I tell someone who functionally has no legs and has limited movement of her arms to pick herself up.
titanslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 04:37 PM   #76145
Volumnius Flush
DON'T BE LATE MASTURBATE

Savage