Old Today, 08:39 AM   #74251
RouteOne

You're minimizing the statistics. A small group of people committing almost half of all violent crime is pretty mind blowing and is obviously an interesting statistical trend.
RouteOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:49 AM   #74252
Lakes.
should have known better

but the white man makes them do it ron! jeez

Digging: Faith No More - Sol Invictus

Old Today, 08:52 AM   #74253
Ando!
classic ando

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillaryClitTounge View Post
First of all there's no fair or scientific way to go about reparations, so documenting racial inequality doesn't accomplish anything except some dumb shit you can post on facebook and say "o oh my gawd republicans are such a holes guys"

The other problem, my first comment that you ignored entirely, is you arent actually verifying anything at all. You are just complaining about statistics that you aren't even sure represent reality. It's like people saying "20 percent of american college girls have been raped". The big catch is "allegedly".
i'm pretty sure that the employment study "represents the reality" that black people are given fewer call backs because of the blackness of their names, actually

like, you saw the part where p was zero to like 4 decimal places, right

Quote:
The point being is there's at least two sides to every statistic. Women could be playing victim or they could have been raped. There's no real way to know, it shows the futility of running statistic exercises on humans.
see it's shit like this that makes me strongly suspect that none of those degrees required you to take a basic stats for social scientists class

Quote:
The important thing to note is nothing was solved by you bitching about black inequality, and if anything you just created anti black racism among people that otherwise couldn't care less about the existence of black people in the us. The only reason virtually anyone dislikes black people is because of the feeling that they are playing victim and trying to get something for nothing while everyone else has to play fair.
ok let me wrap my head around this

if A and B create equal amounts of social utility
and A receives 10 jellybeans, and B receives 3 jellybeans
and A seems perfectly fine with or at least unaware of this arrangement
and i point out "hey maybe B should have proportionally more jellybeans"

my stance: my pointing out the inherent unfairness of this maybe make us think a little harder about our current arrangement
your stance: pointing out the inherent unfairness is only going to enrage A and make everyone hate B.

i'm comfortable with my stance as the non-dumb one, actually

Quote:
Then when someone like rand Paul comes along as the only candidate who will do obvious things to help blacks; IE ending the drug war and ending minimum sentencing, his ideas don't take root in the black community because he is seen as a closet racist for having the nerve to favor the free market and think welfare is a ineffective counterproductive program.
i dont think he's seen as a closet racist because he favors the free-market
i think his dad is seen as kind of racist for his newsletter's association with racist stuff
i think he himself is seen as somewhat less-than-attuned to their plight based on (e.g.) his latent and kind of pedantic suspicion that HCBU students at Howard knew nothing about the GOP's involvement in the civil rights movement

and stop pretending that Rand Paul's stance on drugs is somehow novel or ignored at the expense of duping the blacks into some Dystopian psuedo-Keyenesian Hellscape. Al sharpton talks about that shit. Bernie Sanders talks about that shit. Hell, Eric fucking Holder talks about that shit more than Rand Paul does. It's pretty rich that you're willing to entirely willing discount them for their failure to nail themselves to the cross of austrian economics, and yet when progressives fail to praise libertarians for the limited common ground they share, they're somehow being unreasonably dismissive

Quote:
Also I'm still waiting for you to verify and document my families history of being opressed, before you act like you are going about reparations fairly and not with anything but a self serving interest to see your side win. Like solely focusing on black discrimination ends up discriminating sgainst other people who were discriminated against but don't get the same government handouts as blakcs.
ok but a well-conceived redistributive mechanism (you're the only one who keeps saying "reparations" here) isn't concerned with historical injustice - it's about ameliorating present-day inequities

inequities which, yeah, are oftentimes better understood by looking at history, but that's not what they're fundamentally designed to do

like, i'm all ears as to the historical subjugation of Irish immigrants if you're also prepared to tell me where the material effects of that subjugation lie presently

Quote:
Do I really need to post evidence of blacks committing more crime? How stubborn have you become ando. I'm sorry I don't bother to find some trashy website to agree with everything I say, but if you can't look at how rap is the most popular music among black youth by far, and see that virtually all of rap is about hating white America, then I dunno what to tell you. I'm not wasting my time looking up some dumbass Fox News study, I already told you how dumb it is to apply statistics to the opinions of humans
and the causal link between that crime and rap music, yes

and i dunno dude, don't use a trashy website then. find something peer-reviewed
Ando! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:55 AM   #74254
Ando!
classic ando

also bears mentioning that Rand is kind of only optically a libertarian, and substantively much more an interventionist republican, at least as compared to his dad
Old Today, 09:05 AM   #74255
Lakes.
should have known better

for someone who likes to throw the word around a lot your posts are pretty pedantic, ando

i find this highly suspect, of something, and will now declare my moral superiority

Last edited by Lakes.; Today at 09:09 AM.

Old Today, 09:10 AM   #74256
Ando!
classic ando

it gets tough not to be when you're responding to something dumb
Old Today, 09:12 AM   #74257
RouteOne

Rand is pretty gross.
RouteOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:22 AM   #74258
Ando!
classic ando

who do you like for president, ron

u a huckabee guy
Old Today, 09:28 AM   #74259
Lakes.
should have known better

cruz???

Old Today, 09:44 AM   #74260
guitarded_chuck
we'll take the lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakes. View Post
Canada is sorrier

and my dad could beat up your dad

so there
in all reality i could probably beat you and your dad up simultaneously all the while beating your mums pussy up
guitarded_chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:46 AM   #74261
Ando!
classic ando

the huckster seems kind of like peter hitchens if you replaced all the cruelty with bumbling dad-ishness

which is too bad, since the most admirable thing about hitchens is that he's a dick

in general ive always found that conservatism feels viscerally more respectable when it comes from a place of so let them eat cake

santorum might be the american candidate that comes closest to that
Old Today, 09:46 AM   #74262
Ando!
classic ando

do you guys think chad might run for the republican nom
Old Today, 09:47 AM   #74263
guitarded_chuck
we'll take the lot!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f9/Mike_Huckabee_at_Thomas_Road_Baptist_Church.jpg/1280px-Mike_Huckabee_at_Thomas_Road_Baptist_Church.jpg

that is metal as fuck i would hope a true mxtabs.net/forums user / republican follower would support that man
guitarded_chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:49 AM   #74264
Lakes.
should have known better

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarded_chuck View Post
in all reality i could probably beat you and your dad up simultaneously all the while beating your mums pussy up
http://youtu.be/95YdE89nTgI

Old Today, 09:52 AM   #74265
Ando!
classic ando

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarded_chuck View Post
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f9/Mike_Huckabee_at_Thomas_Road_Baptist_Church.jpg/1280px-Mike_Huckabee_at_Thomas_Road_Baptist_Church.jpg

that is metal as fuck i would hope a true mxtabs.net/forums user / republican follower would support that man
yeah i feel like this might be the essential difference between huck and rick: santorum wouldn't be caught dead doing this

also he wouldn't equivocate on beyonce being talented but a bad role model; he'd just call beyonce "just as awful as the rest of all that goddamned rap music"
Old Today, 09:53 AM   #74266
Ando!
classic ando

i might be turning dude into something he's not, though

i dunno
Old Today, 09:55 AM   #74267
guitarded_chuck
we'll take the lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakes. View Post