Old 10-18-2017, 10:31 PM   #76201
mx roadie

And let's just note that your lifestyle is very much subsidized by actual rich people

So no need to get snooty about a fraction of a difference because you want to tell yourself that you're *not like those people*

You sound like you work in some SME selling paper dude. You're a blip
746286631837 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:41 PM   #76202
titanslayer
I kill gods

You're question has nothing to do with what I said. The answer literally has no bearing on anything I've said. what does that dumbass question have to do with the argument that insurance markets would be better if we didn't go through our employers to get it?

You don't even have a point. You have made no statements of your own and only attempted to mock my view without actually bring up a single relevant point.

Your probably think you're proving something too. Piss off mate.

Last edited by titanslayer; 10-18-2017 at 11:46 PM.
titanslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:51 PM   #76203
titanslayer
I kill gods

And what you think the only reason someone could be fiscally conservative and want to reform systems that could work much better if handled in a smarter way is because they think they are better than poor people?

Fuck off.

I've spent the last few posts saying there's a better way to handle this that would be better for individuals, the government, employers, and insurance companies. Somehow you interpret this ad a superiority complex.

God you're stupid

Me: I wish some changes were made to disability programs because they are a little wasteful and screw some people over
Morons like you: he doesn't want to help poor people because he thinks he's better than them

Last edited by titanslayer; 10-18-2017 at 11:54 PM.
Old Yesterday, 12:37 AM   #76204
mx roadie

I don't think it's the only reason

I think it's your reason
Old Yesterday, 12:46 AM   #76205
mx roadie

To reiterate the points that I mos def made btw:

1. free birth control is a net positive by any reasonable metric. even if you're a dumbass who only cares about spending less money on the welfare system. birth control helps that too

2. it doesn't have as much of a benefit when it exists in the market as something people can shop around for in a job, because the people that we want to give free birth control to are precisely the ones who can't shop around to get it
Old Yesterday, 12:50 AM   #76206
mx roadie

3. you are not individually a net positive in terms of economic output. The difference between you and a welfare recipient is a rounding error
Old Yesterday, 08:16 AM   #76207
guitarded_chuck
swerve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando! View Post
people mad about gov't funded birth control are actually just upset that a girl is having sex with someone who isn't them, yeah?
so much this

consciously or otherwise

also its immoral for anyone to not be on birth control given the population crisis imo but im your friendly neighborhood moderate extremist so

Quote:
2. it doesn't have as much of a benefit when it exists in the market as something people can shop around for in a job, because the people that we want to give free birth control to are precisely the ones who can't shop around to get it

also - titan if you ever want anyone ever to respect your opinion on anything you have some work to do in how you communicate with people
guitarded_chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM   #76208
titanslayer
I kill gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by 746286631837 View Post

1. free birth control is a net positive by any reasonable metric. even if you're a dumbass who only cares about spending less money on the welfare system. birth control helps that too

People that can't stop around to get don't have jobs that offer them insurance in the first place. If you are good enough at your job to justify making you full time you would make enough to buy your own insurance. The existing system doesn't even help people its supposed to.

The government could offer family planning to these individuals, they don't have to be included in insurance. Wouldn't it be an objectively better system to have welfare supply family planning? Government could get a better price in much larger quantities than insurers...

Last edited by titanslayer; Yesterday at 12:00 PM.
Old Yesterday, 01:05 PM   #76209
guitarded_chuck
swerve

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanslayer View Post
If you are good enough at your job to justify making you full time you would make enough to buy your own insurance.
what sort of fake utopian alternative reality do you live in
guitarded_chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:53 PM   #76210
titanslayer
I kill gods

South Dakota other states could learn from us
Old Yesterday, 03:25 PM   #76211
mx roadie

Quote:
Wouldn't it be an objectively better system to have welfare supply family planning? Government could get a better price in much larger quantities than insurers...
no, I don't think imaginary systems are better than real ones
Old Yesterday, 04:08 PM   #76212
titanslayer
I kill gods

I thought progressives were supposed to try to make progress
Old Yesterday, 04:14 PM   #76213
titanslayer
I kill gods

I mean if you really think a system that would be less costly and would get contraceptives to the people that really need them who are stuck in part time jobs or don't have a job isn't worth pursuing then I don't think there's much else to say.
Old Yesterday, 04:28 PM   #76214
mx roadie

ok and while we pursue it, employers can pay for the insurance in the meantime
Old Yesterday, 10:37 PM   #76215
Volumnius Flush
DON'T BE LATE MASTURBATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 746286631837 View Post

If birth control is free and people don't take it... (That's the same as throwing money away). And truth is, women won't take it because they like screwing men around and in a way, the mating ritual resembles the predatory habits of the trapdoor spider, or, as it were, the mating habits of the black widow. Once the man has blown his load, he is summarily executed and eaten by the female.
Volumnius Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:40 PM   #76216
Volumnius Flush
DON'T BE LATE MASTURBATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarded_chuck View Post
what sort of fake utopian alternative reality do you live in
People who are good at their jobs get promoted. Those who aren't, the Peter Principle takes effect.

Quote:
I thought progressives were supposed to try to make progress
If costs were truly numbers guy's concern, we could start sterilizing unfit women. That would be cheaper than giving them birth control pills throughout the course of their childbearing years, which over twenty or thirty some odd years, must be crazy expensive. Especially once inflation is taken into account.
Old Today, 01:23 AM   #76217
mx roadie

Why just unfit women?
Old Today, 02:09 AM   #76218
Volumnius Flush
DON'T BE LATE MASTURBATE

Because sterilizing the men would be redundant. Women are the carriers of young, and so therefore, it is up to them to be sterilized. What need do we have of sterilizing the men if the women they are likely to mate with are already treated?