Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
Old 05-14-2017, 05:43 AM   #76111
Volumnius Flush
Tway's Sugardaddy
 
Volumnius Flush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: texas
Posts: 9,941
https://www.infowars.com/school-lunch-czar-michelle-obama-claims-trump-wants-kids-to-eat-crap/

You want to see why Barry and Michelle Obama are hated with a passion?
Volumnius Flush is offline  

Digging: Steve Winwood - Back in the High Life

Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 05:50 AM   #76112
Volumnius Flush
Tway's Sugardaddy
 
Volumnius Flush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: texas
Posts: 9,941
When I was in school, school lunch was great. We had chicken, pizza, burgers, lots of good things. But this is what Michelle ordered the schools to serve. She is a horrible hypocrite, who loves ribs and French fries and pizza but literally wants your children to starve. She is worse than Marie Antoinette.
Volumnius Flush is offline  

Digging: Steve Winwood - Back in the High Life

Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 07:11 PM   #76113
sokorny
mx opening act
 
sokorny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volumnius Flush View Post
When I was in school, school lunch was great. We had chicken, pizza, burgers, lots of good things. But this is what Michelle ordered the schools to serve. She is a horrible hypocrite, who loves ribs and French fries and pizza but literally wants your children to starve. She is worse than Marie Antoinette.
In Australia we have a "traffic light system" for school canteens (kids aren't so reliant on canteens in Australia, as more take a packed lunch). I personally think it is a good system, especially given the high obesity rates here (I think we are even worse than America on a per capita basis).

I thought Jamie Oliver's series on school lunches (in the UK and then the USA) were amazing to watch. In the UK series you had parents bringing fast food to schools and passing through fences to their kids because they didn't want to eat healthy food. Many of the lunch ladies didn't even know the names of some basic vegetables. He made huge changes to the system in the UK, but had little to no success in America due to the legislation (can't remember the exact example but there was a case where something healthy he proposed for the menu was rejected because it didn't have a vegetable in it or something, yet pizza was seen as a healthy option comparatively because it had vegetables on it and in the sauce).

I gather the main issue in countries such as the US and UK where kids are quite reliant on school canteens is that they aren't given healthy choices (and seriously how many kids are going to pick a healthy option over something loaded with grease, salt and sugar!!!) This is not responsible from the government or schools on a daily basis. Who should be responsible for ensuring the kids are eating a healthy well-balanced diet??

So yes Michelle may love her fires, ribs and pizza but I doubt she is eating them every day (or gives her kids the options to eat them every day).
sokorny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 03:58 AM   #76114
Volumnius Flush
Tway's Sugardaddy
 
Volumnius Flush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: texas
Posts: 9,941
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/auschwitz-memorial-condemns-rep-clay-higgins-gas-chamber/story?id=48442634

This is crap. We've heard that holocaust bullshit shoved down our throats for seventy years already and yet this guy makes a video at Auschwitz. He didn't even say anything glorifying the holocaust. He eulogized the dead, he talked about the astonishing evil that was performed by the nazis. But he's attacked for it. The real reason I suspect is because he is a conservative Christian and nowadays it's politically correct to claim the nazis were "Christians" and that "Christians" perpetrated the holocaust, both of which are untrue. In fact it was Christians that fought on the side of the Allies and saved Europe.

This is about a broader pattern of demonizig conservatives, Christians, and white people.
Volumnius Flush is offline  

Digging: Steve Winwood - Back in the High Life

Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 04:05 AM   #76115
Volumnius Flush
Tway's Sugardaddy
 
Volumnius Flush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: texas
Posts: 9,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokorny View Post
In Australia we have a "traffic light system" for school canteens (kids aren't so reliant on canteens in Australia, as more take a packed lunch). I personally think it is a good system, especially given the high obesity rates here (I think we are even worse than America on a per capita basis).

I thought Jamie Oliver's series on school lunches (in the UK and then the USA) were amazing to watch. In the UK series you had parents bringing fast food to schools and passing through fences to their kids because they didn't want to eat healthy food. Many of the lunch ladies didn't even know the names of some basic vegetables. He made huge changes to the system in the UK, but had little to no success in America due to the legislation (can't remember the exact example but there was a case where something healthy he proposed for the menu was rejected because it didn't have a vegetable in it or something, yet pizza was seen as a healthy option comparatively because it had vegetables on it and in the sauce).

I gather the main issue in countries such as the US and UK where kids are quite reliant on school canteens is that they aren't given healthy choices (and seriously how many kids are going to pick a healthy option over something loaded with grease, salt and sugar!!!) This is not responsible from the government or schools on a daily basis. Who should be responsible for ensuring the kids are eating a healthy well-balanced diet??

So yes Michelle may love her fires, ribs and pizza but I doubt she is eating them every day (or gives her kids the options to eat them every day).
I'm sorry, I'm an American who just celebrated July 4, and all I see is canteens, Jamie Oliver, and Michelle Obama.

Speak (American) English man! You're that na´ve to think Michelle Obama eats a regular diet like the rest of us. She is an indulgent black womanizer who eats soul food and the standard fare, fried chicken, pork ribs, and Kool-aid.

Here's a novel thought: Make several options available then let the kids pick. Kids aren't going to eat healthy so what, they should starve? So give them a couple healthy and then on the other side the fried chicken and pizza. Then give them a soda machine and let them decide if they want a milk or a soda. It's not the gpvernment's place to decide for the parents. In reality, the parents shouldn't be this irresponsible to send them to get lunch at school. My mom packed me lunch and always gave me a couple dollars for a snack or two throughout the day. Michelle Obama is a dumbass. Marie Antoinette said eat cake, but Michelle Obama will eat everything in sight, even the children.
Volumnius Flush is offline  

Digging: Steve Winwood - Back in the High Life

Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:11 AM   #76116
titanslayer
I kill gods
 
titanslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: middle of nowhere
Posts: 947
The Obama's lunch program was mishandled to say the least, that being said, it's ridiculous to claim they fucked up on purpose.

Quote:
My mom packed me lunch
Quote:
When I was in school, school lunch was great.
Maybe you only think lunch was great because you never ate it... Just a thought...
titanslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:52 PM   #76117
Volumnius Flush
Tway's Sugardaddy
 
Volumnius Flush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: texas
Posts: 9,941
In high school, yes I did eat it. Occasionally in elementary but more and more often I ate it in high school. They had a company that brought in the food. It was really good. I can only imagine and shudder what they bring the kids now.
Volumnius Flush is offline  

Digging: Steve Winwood - Back in the High Life

Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 07:05 AM   #76118
Volumnius Flush
Tway's Sugardaddy
 
Volumnius Flush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: texas
Posts: 9,941
If liberals are truly concerned about climate change, then why do they want to bring in tens of millions of immigrants from the third world into high consumption nations, where they will invariably become consumers, of energy and goods and greatly magnify the amount of carbon emissions? Wouldn't it be better to leave them writhing in a pool of mud in their home countries, covered in flies and dirt?
Volumnius Flush is offline  

Digging: Steve Winwood - Back in the High Life

Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 07:51 PM   #76119
sokorny
mx opening act
 
sokorny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volumnius Flush View Post
I'm sorry, I'm an American who just celebrated July 4, and all I see is canteens, Jamie Oliver, and Michelle Obama.

Speak (American) English man! You're that na´ve to think Michelle Obama eats a regular diet like the rest of us. She is an indulgent black womanizer who eats soul food and the standard fare, fried chicken, pork ribs, and Kool-aid.

Here's a novel thought: Make several options available then let the kids pick. Kids aren't going to eat healthy so what, they should starve? So give them a couple healthy and then on the other side the fried chicken and pizza. Then give them a soda machine and let them decide if they want a milk or a soda. It's not the gpvernment's place to decide for the parents. In reality, the parents shouldn't be this irresponsible to send them to get lunch at school. My mom packed me lunch and always gave me a couple dollars for a snack or two throughout the day. Michelle Obama is a dumbass. Marie Antoinette said eat cake, but Michelle Obama will eat everything in sight, even the children.
One just has to look at Michelle's figure (size 8) to realise she doesn't eat a regular diet like the average American (size 16).
sokorny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 08:03 PM   #76120
sokorny
mx opening act
 
sokorny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volumnius Flush View Post
If liberals are truly concerned about climate change, then why do they want to bring in tens of millions of immigrants from the third world into high consumption nations, where they will invariably become consumers, of energy and goods and greatly magnify the amount of carbon emissions? Wouldn't it be better to leave them writhing in a pool of mud in their home countries, covered in flies and dirt?
It will depend on the reasons for immigration. Many developed nations now only allow skilled migrants (the US has had such policy for decades) ... or family related migration. Skilled migration is usually required to fill jobs that the local population either aren't qualified for or not enough numbers. This is to ensure that the country has services and sustains the economy (both which generally over ride any environmental policy).

Refugees are another matter entirely. This is a humanitarian reason. One must possess emotions such as empathy and sympathy to understand these reasons.

In regards to climate change, the general consensus is that we must live more sustainable, self-sufficient, localised lifestyles. This is irrelevant of the population or the demographics of that population. Generally you will find those in developed countries that have a disposable income (esp. middle class) are able to reduce their carbon footprint over those on the lower rungs of the socio-economic level. So could be argued by giving these "third world" people opportunities to improve their wealth they could in effect have a net benefit on their carbon footprint.

Then there is a minority who strongly support reduced human populations across many nations of the world ... I personally don't agree with their assumptions, and evaluation of human life. But each to their own.

Last edited by sokorny; 07-06-2017 at 08:06 PM.
sokorny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 11:15 PM   #76121
titanslayer
I kill gods
 
titanslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: middle of nowhere
Posts: 947
Trump can't make basic tactical decisions to unite world leaders

https://twitter.com/InsidersABC/status/883829926993862656?s=09
titanslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 11:56 AM   #76122
Aiwaz
🕉
 
Aiwaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Love, Laughter and Truth...🌈
Posts: 6,415
tongue*
Aiwaz is offline  

Digging: Kayo Dot - Coffins on Io

Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 06:23 PM   #76123
Volumnius Flush
Tway's Sugardaddy
 
Volumnius Flush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: texas
Posts: 9,941
http://www.easttexasmatters.com/news/local-news/gun-barrel-city-homeowner-holds-intruder-at-gunpoint/760536801

A Texas woman stopped a home invader with a gun and waited until police arrived

You don't say, I thought guns were only used by bad guys to commit crimes?

It seems the lying liberals were wrong again. But what would a liberal care if a poor cracker in a conservative state got killed by a Democratic party voter? It just makes things easier for them on election day to kill a nation.
Volumnius Flush is offline  

Digging: Steve Winwood - Back in the High Life

Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 07:23 PM   #76124
sokorny
mx opening act
 
sokorny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volumnius Flush View Post
http://www.easttexasmatters.com/news/local-news/gun-barrel-city-homeowner-holds-intruder-at-gunpoint/760536801

A Texas woman stopped a home invader with a gun and waited until police arrived

You don't say, I thought guns were only used by bad guys to commit crimes?

It seems the lying liberals were wrong again. But what would a liberal care if a poor cracker in a conservative state got killed by a Democratic party voter? It just makes things easier for them on election day to kill a nation.
He also found another gun on the property and threatened to shoot police. May have been a different angle to your argument if he had shot the owner and then police with a stolen weapon from the house he invaded.

Probably says more about need for better drug services and mental health in America than gun rights / ownership.
sokorny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 07:27 PM   #76125
Volumnius Flush
Tway's Sugardaddy
 
Volumnius Flush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: texas
Posts: 9,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokorny View Post
He also found another gun on the property and threatened to shoot police. May have been a different angle to your argument if he had shot the owner and then police with a stolen weapon from the house he invaded.

Probably says more about need for better drug services and mental health in America than gun rights / ownership.
She was justified in shooting him dead on the spot. However, she would have taken a risk that some sick mentally ill prosecutor would have had her arrested and prosecuted.

This is excellent proof of why Americans should be able to own guns. This is a very rural area. There are places that don't have police departments and plenty of areas which are unincorporated. If this old woman and her old husband had been home alone when he arrived and had no weapon of any kind, a 30 year old man in the prime of his life hopped up on pills and drugs could have easily killed both of them with his bare hands.
Volumnius Flush is offline  

Digging: Steve Winwood - Back in the High Life

Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 07:30 PM   #76126
Volumnius Flush
Tway's Sugardaddy
 
Volumnius Flush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: texas
Posts: 9,941
I totally understand why people in cities don't want guns around them. It in theory should be much easier to get your hands on an illegal weapon and people are much closer together, which additionally means police response time should be quicker. But America is a vast expanse and the majority of it is rural. People out there need weapons, not only for panthers, bears, coyotes or wolves, but also home intruders who can easily make entry and do anything they want to the victims and probably never get caught.
Volumnius Flush is offline  

Digging: Steve Winwood - Back in the High Life

Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:00 PM   #76127
sokorny
mx opening act
 
sokorny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volumnius Flush View Post
I totally understand why people in cities don't want guns around them. It in theory should be much easier to get your hands on an illegal weapon and people are much closer together, which additionally means police response time should be quicker. But America is a vast expanse and the majority of it is rural. People out there need weapons, not only for panthers, bears, coyotes or wolves, but also home intruders who can easily make entry and do anything they want to the victims and probably never get caught.
In Australia where gun laws are quite restrictive one of the conditions that does allow you to own a gun is a rural property. However, this is more for hunting purposes than self-defense. As generally crime in rural areas is significantly less than urban areas. In Australia there are rural properties the size of American states ... so very vast in the outback!
sokorny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:28 PM   #76128
danielito19
Tanya Tickletitties
 
danielito19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: jet fuel can't melt dank memes
Posts: 535
not bigger than like delaware or some shit though right?
danielito19 is offline  

Digging: Cursive - The Ugly Organ

Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:16 PM   #76129
sokorny
mx opening act
 
sokorny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielito19 View Post
not bigger than like delaware or some shit though right?
The largest station (rural property) in Australia is just over 9,000 square miles which makes it larger than Rhode Island, Delaware, Connecticut or New Jersey.

Three more stations are larger than Connecticut, Delaware or Rhode Island. A further 40 stations are larger than Delaware or Rhode Island.

The largest ranch in the USA by comparison is just under 800 square miles.

Just for some perspective
sokorny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:20 AM   #76130
danielito19
Tanya Tickletitties
 
danielito19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: jet fuel can't melt dank memes
Posts: 535
Good lord
danielito19 is offline  

Digging: Cursive - The Ugly Organ

Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 05:11 PM   #76131
Volumnius Flush
Tway's Sugardaddy
 
Volumnius Flush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: texas
Posts: 9,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokorny View Post
In Australia where gun laws are quite restrictive one of the conditions that does allow you to own a gun is a rural property. However, this is more for hunting purposes than self-defense. As generally crime in rural areas is significantly less than urban areas. In Australia there are rural properties the size of American states ... so very vast in the outback!
Australia was started as a penal colony for criminals. America was started as a colony of free men. Now use your thinking cap and think about why one might have an extensive history and culture of gun ownership and the other does not

How many wars have been started by our government? How many people have been murdered by their government? Come on now, you foreigners constantly love to lecture us about how many people are killed by Washington and how bad we are to black folks and women and immigrants. You want us to be disarmed in the face of such an evil, twisted government? Not on your life.
Volumnius Flush is offline  

Digging: Steve Winwood - Back in the High Life

Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:45 PM   #76132
titanslayer
I kill gods
 
titanslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: middle of nowhere
Posts: 947
Australia was started as a continent that had indigenous people that had nothing to do with Britain

America was started as a land that had indigenous people that had nothing to do with Britain
titanslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:11 PM   #76133
sokorny
mx opening act
 
sokorny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volumnius Flush View Post
Australia was started as a penal colony for criminals. America was started as a colony of free men. Now use your thinking cap and think about why one might have an extensive history and culture of gun ownership and the other does not

How many wars have been started by our government? How many people have been murdered by their government? Come on now, you foreigners constantly love to lecture us about how many people are killed by Washington and how bad we are to black folks and women and immigrants. You want us to be disarmed in the face of such an evil, twisted government? Not on your life.
I guess the beauty of living in Australia is that I (and the vast majority of us) don't feel the need to own a gun to either feel safe from criminals or our government. Maybe our short penal history has meant that we feel 'freedom' is earned through respect and hard work (as many convicts were released and settled in Australia), not with a gun.

I understand America had to fight the Revolutionary War, Indian Wars (for over a century), wars with Mexico, and the Civil War. Thankfully Australia has had none of these wars (although our treatment of the indigenous people was little better here). The long history of fighting within America is probably a main part of the reason for the bill of rights regarding "arms" in America.

In regards to government if there are such concerns with the government taking away from the people, surely this suggests that the system is broken?? Wouldn't a better solution be to lobby for better safe guards in government at all levels?? Support alternative political parties (minority parties in Britain and Australia help create greater balance, as major parties need to work with them to pass legislation)?? Run for election yourself or at least community leaders (not political tools)??
sokorny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:40 PM   #76134
Volumnius Flush
Tway's Sugardaddy
 
Volumnius Flush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: texas
Posts: 9,941
Please tell me how it was better? You guys were literally genociding them for a while. The settlers here just went to befriend the Indians, cough a couple times and then Indians fell out dead. Hard to blame us but that is what the world, heck even self-righteous Europeans, Australians and Canadians do who did so much worse. We coughed. You literally killed people.

Guns have nothing to do with respect. I don't hold someone in higher esteem for possessing a weapon. I hold them in higher esteem than douchebags who bitch about gun rights while failing to understand that their first amendment rights to hold those views are protected by the second amendment.

Last edited by Volumnius Flush; 07-13-2017 at 10:08 PM.
Volumnius Flush is offline  

Digging: Steve Winwood - Back in the High Life

Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:47 PM   #76135
Volumnius Flush
Tway's Sugardaddy
 
Volumnius Flush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: texas
Posts: 9,941
Quote:
In regards to government if there are such concerns with the government taking away from the people, surely this suggests that the system is broken?? Wouldn't a better solution be to lobby for better safe guards in government at all levels?? Support alternative political parties (minority parties in Britain and Australia help create greater balance, as major parties need to work with them to pass legislation)?? Run for election yourself or at least community leaders (not political tools)??"
The people wield no power in America and you're being na´ve to think we have any power to bring about change. There are two parties in America for a reason, they both work together to drown out dissenting voices, especially by using arcane and deliberately complex election law to make it practically impossible for someone to run a campaign without advice from someone politically connected. They make it so that to even appear on the stage you have to meet certain poll numbers and we know from the 2016 election that they fake polls. It's rigged I tell ya.

In America, distance is our detriment. We can almost rightly be totally uninterested in the business of Washington because, for most of us, it is literally thousands of miles away. Even in caring we couldn't change the direction of things one iota. Therefore, as long as it does not concern us personally, we ignore it. Only if someone is personally encroached upon do they start caring, and begging others to care but mostly, people still continue on with their fun and games because it doesn't concern them, then it happens to the next guy, and the next guy, etc.
Volumnius Flush is offline  

Digging: Steve Winwood - Back in the High Life

Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 09:04 AM   #76136
Sinternet
everybody loves me ♥
 
Sinternet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: gayest city in gayest country m/
Posts: 1,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volumnius Flush View Post
Please tell me how it was better? You guys were literally genociding them for a while. The settlers here just went to befriend the Indians, cough a couple times and then Indians fell out dead. Hard to blame us but that is what the world, heck even self-righteous Europeans, Australians and Canadians do who did so much worse. We coughed. You literally killed people.
I don't expect someone of your calibre to be literate, so maybe ask mommy nicely and she'll read you a history book at bedtime
Sinternet is offline  

Digging: Valerie June - The Order Of Time

Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 11:10 AM   #76137
titanslayer
I kill gods
 
titanslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: middle of nowhere
Posts: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volumnius Flush View Post
The people wield no power in America and you're being na´ve to think we have any power to bring about change. There are two parties in America for a reason, they both work together to drown out dissenting voices, especially by using arcane and deliberately complex election law to make it practically impossible for someone to run a campaign without advice from someone politically connected. They make it so that to even appear on the stage you have to meet certain poll numbers and we know from the 2016 election that they fake polls. It's rigged I tell ya.

In America, distance is our detriment. We can almost rightly be totally uninterested in the business of Washington because, for most of us, it is literally thousands of miles away. Even in caring we couldn't change the direction of things one iota. Therefore, as long as it does not concern us personally, we ignore it. Only if someone is personally encroached upon do they start caring, and begging others to care but mostly, people still continue on with their fun and games because it doesn't concern them, then it happens to the next guy, and the next guy, etc.
a friend of my who's only 20 just got elected as our district representative. no it is not practically impossible to run a campaign without advice.
titanslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:55 AM.