Old 05-14-2017, 05:43 AM   #76111
Volumnius Flush
Tway's Sugardaddy

https://www.infowars.com/school-lunch-czar-michelle-obama-claims-trump-wants-kids-to-eat-crap/

You want to see why Barry and Michelle Obama are hated with a passion?
Volumnius Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 05:50 AM   #76112
Volumnius Flush
Tway's Sugardaddy

When I was in school, school lunch was great. We had chicken, pizza, burgers, lots of good things. But this is what Michelle ordered the schools to serve. She is a horrible hypocrite, who loves ribs and French fries and pizza but literally wants your children to starve. She is worse than Marie Antoinette.
Volumnius Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 07:11 PM   #76113
sokorny
mx opening act

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volumnius Flush View Post
When I was in school, school lunch was great. We had chicken, pizza, burgers, lots of good things. But this is what Michelle ordered the schools to serve. She is a horrible hypocrite, who loves ribs and French fries and pizza but literally wants your children to starve. She is worse than Marie Antoinette.
In Australia we have a "traffic light system" for school canteens (kids aren't so reliant on canteens in Australia, as more take a packed lunch). I personally think it is a good system, especially given the high obesity rates here (I think we are even worse than America on a per capita basis).

I thought Jamie Oliver's series on school lunches (in the UK and then the USA) were amazing to watch. In the UK series you had parents bringing fast food to schools and passing through fences to their kids because they didn't want to eat healthy food. Many of the lunch ladies didn't even know the names of some basic vegetables. He made huge changes to the system in the UK, but had little to no success in America due to the legislation (can't remember the exact example but there was a case where something healthy he proposed for the menu was rejected because it didn't have a vegetable in it or something, yet pizza was seen as a healthy option comparatively because it had vegetables on it and in the sauce).

I gather the main issue in countries such as the US and UK where kids are quite reliant on school canteens is that they aren't given healthy choices (and seriously how many kids are going to pick a healthy option over something loaded with grease, salt and sugar!!!) This is not responsible from the government or schools on a daily basis. Who should be responsible for ensuring the kids are eating a healthy well-balanced diet??

So yes Michelle may love her fires, ribs and pizza but I doubt she is eating them every day (or gives her kids the options to eat them every day).
sokorny is offline   Reply With Quote