Old 11-05-2005, 11:04 AM   #61
robo2448
Get Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by vInsAniTy
You're not obligated to hate the Nets just because you're a Knicks fan
I like both of them but I like my Nets better.

VC is the Nets' offense, so is Jefferson. Kidd is just there to put everything together. Jefferson has great potential, scores and rebounds, as you said. Carter does what he needs to win, defending is part of that. I agree with you about their front line, but their bench is stronger than before. They have some better shooters, and although their bench isn't the best ever, it's far from the worst.
I liked the Nets when the sucked back in the Marbury days. Now we're the one's sucking with Marbury. Maybe a connection there.

But now that the Nets are better than us, I kind of do have to envy them.
robo2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 11:12 AM   #62
Brewer14
Sultan of Swing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnOnTheLight
Kings are already 0-2 after my Rockets stomped them last night. Yao Ming had a good night (22pts, 10 boards, 1 block) but he only played 25 minutes because of foul trouble. Refs need to stop calling so many fouls on him because he could be a better player if he could play 35-40 minutes a game. Right now I think he's decent but not even close to as good as he should be. TMac picks up the slack though. Go Rockets!
Kings started 0-3 last year, so I'm not worried. Once Bibby and Peja get out of their slumps, they'll be fine.
Brewer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 11:19 AM   #63
Endless Obsession
Tough As John Jacobs

As for the Rockets, Derek Andersons son (Derek Anderson Jr.) goes to school with me and plays bball on a team with me. Hes amazing.
Endless Obsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 04:49 PM   #64
HOTFORTEACHER
matter of splatter

My vision of both conferences;
EAST
1.pistons
2.heat
3.pacers
4.cavs
5.bucks
6.wizards
7.nets
8.sixers
WEST
1.spurs
2.sonics
3.suns
4.mavs
5.timberwolves
6.rockets
7.nuggets
8.kings
HOTFORTEACHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 08:13 PM   #65
Illmatic
John Hinckley is my hero

Really? The Sonics are going to do better now that they lost their coach? The Suns are going to have the third best record in the conference even though they are without two of their most important players from last year?
Illmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 09:13 PM   #66
Hababi
Serenity Now

Yeah, the Sonics are too highly rated there. And, the Warriors will make the playoffs.

The west is actually going to be very interesting this year. Beyond the Spurs, who we know will be one of the top 2 seeds, what do we really know? The Sonics have plenty of questions, the Suns won't have Amare for quite some time and no longer have JJ or Q. The Mavs have identity issues, the TWolves may be better this year now that Casell and Spreewell are gone, TMac needs to stay healthy for the Rockets to have a chance, the Nuggets are led by Carmelo Anthony...yeah, Carmelo. And, the Kings are a team on the decline, with injury prone and inconsistent players.

The East is more certain. The Pacers are going to be very good; the Heat will be very good. The Pistons will still be good (and it looks like Rip has stepped up his game). The Cavs have LeBron and some help now. Etc.
Hababi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 09:14 PM   #67
vInsAniTy
Vinsanity

Oh man, the Nets game just ended a minute or so ago. Thriller, game winning and-1 by Jefferson after a Gordon missed free throw. Kidd rebounded, ran up court and Jefferson drove in, got the roll with the and-1 with 1.5 left. Timeout Bulls, couldn't find open man on inbound, find Nocioni last second, Carter blocks him. Who says Carter can't play defense? I'm happy lol
vInsAniTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 09:26 PM   #68
HOTFORTEACHER
matter of splatter

Pistons just gave the raptors a clinic, theyre now 3-0. I think the pacers are overated, sure I do agree they have a great starting lineup but for some reason I still dont think they are mature enough to make it anywhere. Jermaine has shown leadership at points but hasnt always been consistant, and ofcourse the artest/jackson deal comes to play, but I honestly think artest can handle his tempers this year. Theyre not that expericend in the clutch loosing reggie will come back to haunt them in the playoffs. As for the sonics, I think even with a new coach they will be in the top three or four of the west. They are under the radar and when teams are unoticed it is easier to win without mighty expectations. Again remember these are just "my" thoughts and opinons on the leauge. The standings are flexible here and there but I think those are the core teams that will make the playoffs coming out of each respected conference.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:29 PM   #69
HOTFORTEACHER
matter of splatter

and yes I think the suns will win thier division. Look at it; golden state, clippers, undermaned lakers, and falling kings. Even with out amare and others they still have a strong enough core to win the pacific division.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:44 PM   #70
robo2448
Get Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTFORTEACHER
Pistons just gave the raptors a clinic
Lots of teams will be giving the Raptors clinics this year

For some reason the Pacers have always been my 2nd favorite team. Back when we were actually a good team, the Pacers (pretty much Reggie Miller) would knock us out of the playoffs every year. Once the Knicks got knocked out, I started rooting for the Pacers, and so I've been a fan of theirs for a long time now. Every year Reggie killed us, and somehow the guy that knocked my team out of the playoffs every year became my favorite player. Wierd. I feel like a Red Sox fan rooting for the Yankees.

And I think the Suns will pull out their division too, but they won't run away with it and they won't be nearly as good as last year. Golden State could give them a run for their money.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:55 AM   #71
XxMasterofPuppetsxX
Your mom goes to college!

What team is Sprewell on now?
XxMasterofPuppetsxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 11:43 AM   #72
Jacaranda
got a Rolls Royce

Well I've already lost hope in Portland and New York I'm pulling for Memphis, its a shame they're in such a good division (Or at least half decent).
Jacaranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 01:14 PM   #73
Reaganista
ill be ur dog

hey chris webber scored 4 points in the final 90 seconds of a 2-point sixer victory, who knew it was possible?
Reaganista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 01:56 PM   #74
HOTFORTEACHER
matter of splatter

Latrell Sprewell is a free agent, he has no team.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:34 PM   #75
robo2448
Get Back

David Lee was great this afternoon.

I'm desperately searching for some positives here. The Knicks lost 83-82 with another 4th quarter meltdown. The game wasn't as close as the score makes it seem, the Warriors were up by like 7 with 8 seconds left.

Yeah we suck. w00t
Old 11-06-2005, 05:54 PM   #76
Illmatic
John Hinckley is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri
And, the Kings are a team on the decline, with injury prone and inconsistent players.
Not only that but they are on pace to win the St. Louis Cardinals "Team Least Excited To Play With Each Other" Award.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri
The Mavs have identity issues
Actually, seeing as how this is the first year that Mark Cuban didn't get rid of half the roster, they might do better this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri
the TWolves may be better this year now that Casell and Spreewell are gone
I think the Wolves are going to be better than most people think. True, they have the biggest waste of money in basketball and their second best player is Marko Jaric, but still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri
the Nuggets are led by Carmelo Anthony...yeah, Carmelo
That, and with Nene down they killed any chance of getting a good two-guard (they were probably going to package Nene+Andre Miller for a solid two-guard, but Nene went and hurt his knee)

And for the life of me, I can't place my faith in the Warriors. I don't think anyone on the team can play defense, and their playoff hopes hinge on Baron Davis playing 60-70 games, which I can't see happening.

I honestly think the Clippers have the best shot of winning that division. True, they don't have anyone on the bench, but consider that they won 37 games last year with no bench, the worst point guards in the NBA, and no one who could hit a clutch shot, and with Sam Cassell (and Cuttino Mobley) at least the latter two needs are addressed.

Here's how I see it (division winners getting the first three seeds)

East (in order): Indiana, Miami, New Jersey (even though they are incredibly overrated), Detroit, Washington, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Chicago

West (in order): San Antonio, Denver, LA Clippers, Dallas, Houston, Phoenix, Utah, Seattle
Old 11-06-2005, 07:31 PM   #77
vInsAniTy
Vinsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTFORTEACHER
My vision of both conferences;
EAST
1.pistons
2.heat
3.pacers
4.cavs
5.bucks
6.wizards
7.nets
8.sixers
You do realize that you didn't put one team from the Atlantic Division over the Nets? You didn't even put an Atlantic team in the top three, when there must be one, at least third. Therefore, you say that the Nets will win the Atlantic, putting them automatically into third place in East.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:34 PM   #78
vInsAniTy
Vinsanity

Anyway, as for the rest of the East, I'd put them like this:
1. Pistons
2. Heat
3. Nets
4. Pacers
5. Caveliers
6. Bucks
7. Bulls
8. Wizards
Old 11-06-2005, 08:32 PM   #79
MattMan999
WhiteSox=World Series

Quote:
Anyway, as for the rest of the East, I'd put them like this:
1. Pistons
2. Heat
3. Nets
4. Pacers
5. Caveliers
6. Bucks
7. Bulls
8. Wizards
i think wizards will be better then 8th
MattMan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 08:39 PM   #80
Hababi
Serenity Now

Quote:
He's going to get a lot of minutes under Larry Brown (I can just picture Brown saying, "He plays the right way.") Lee is definately going to be a good pro for a long time.

Quote:

Actually, seeing as how this is the first year that Mark Cuban didn't get rid of half the roster, they might do better this year.
True, but the player he did get rid of, Michael Finley, mattered quite a bit, going beyond mere stats, too. Dirk's basically the only guy left from their first playoff birth.

Quote:

And for the life of me, I can't place my faith in the Warriors. I don't think anyone on the team can play defense, and their playoff hopes hinge on Baron Davis playing 60-70 games, which I can't see happening.
Foyle can play solid D, he's about the only one, though. No D can get them into the playoffs, provided Baron Davis stay healthy, but it won't get them far into it. Then again, if they can sign a defensive stopper at the 3 spot next year, to replace Dunleavy, they might be solid.

Quote:

I honestly think the Clippers have the best shot of winning that division. True, they don't have anyone on the bench, but consider that they won 37 games last year with no bench, the worst point guards in the NBA, and no one who could hit a clutch shot, and with Sam Cassell (and Cuttino Mobley) at least the latter two needs are addressed.
They are still the Clippers, though. At least Brand would finally get some much deserved respect. They have the talent...I just have doubts about them...

Here's how I see it:
East:
1 Pacers
2 Miami
3 Detroit
4 Cleveland
5 New Jersey
6 Chicago (No Curry will sting, but Deng and Hinrich should up their game)
7 Washington (losing Larry is going to hurt this year)
8 Bucks (I lack confidence in this team, for this year. Watch out next year).

West:
1 Spurs (does anyone else seriously doubt this?)
2 Dallas
3 Minnesota
4 Houston
5 Denver
6 Phoenix
7 Golden State
8 Seattle

Utah might, if Okur really plays well...I still think they're an unfinished rebuilding project.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:49 PM   #81
HOTFORTEACHER
matter of splatter

Quote:
You do realize that you didn't put one team from the Atlantic Division over the Nets? You didn't even put an Atlantic team in the top three, when there must be one, at least third. Therefore, you say that the Nets will win the Atlantic, putting them automatically into third place in East.
My bad, I dont like that rule in the first place I think the standings should be strictly record based.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:06 PM   #82
Illmatic
John Hinckley is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri
At least Brand would finally get some much deserved respect.
Eh, he's not that great. You'd think a power forward would be a great inside scorer, but he has zero low-post moves. Just watch a Clippers game: he gets all his points from jumpers, lay-ups/dunks on the fast break, and the occasional tip-in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri
Yeah, losing a 6'4 shooting guard with atrocious shot selection is really going to kill the Wizards, especially when they got his production for much cheaper in Antonio Daniels and Caron Butler (and Chucky Atkins, to a lesser extent).
Old 11-06-2005, 09:36 PM   #83
Brewer14
Sultan of Swing

Kings get first win of the year against the Suns

Peja finally came alive: 33 points, 6-8 on threes
Brewer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 07:59 AM   #84
Hababi
Serenity Now

Quote:

Eh, he's not that great. You'd think a power forward would be a great inside scorer, but he has zero low-post moves. Just watch a Clippers game: he gets all his points from jumpers, lay-ups/dunks on the fast break, and the occasional tip-in.
Yeah but at 6'8, how effective would a post game be against Tim Duncan? Brand's a little on the short side for forwards, so he has to adapt his game to that disadvantage.

Quote:

Yeah, losing a 6'4 shooting guard with atrocious shot selection is really going to kill the Wizards, especially when they got his production for much cheaper in Antonio Daniels and Caron Butler (and Chucky Atkins, to a lesser extent).
I could swear it wasn't long ago you were arguing that Hughes was better than Redd

Hughes shot .430 last year. Not the greatest, but hardly horrible. He shot higher than Ben Gordon last year, and is a terrific ball handler and very good defender on top of that. Atkins has terrible defense and Butler isn't at Hughes' level either.

But I still say Redd's better than him
Old 11-07-2005, 12:14 PM   #85
TurnOnTheLight
Son of a Bundy

Quote:
David Lee is going to be a good player without a doubt. He can shoot left or right handed and he has great leaping ability (see the year him and James White went at it in the McD's HS All-Star Dunk contest) and he has a good feel for the game. Is he playing at the 3 or 4 spot?

Side note: My Rockets just lost TMac for 3 weeks atleast.
TurnOnTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 02:41 PM   #86
vInsAniTy
Vinsanity

Quote:
NOOOO
Old 11-07-2005, 03:55 PM   #87
ZEROthirtythree
Take Me Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilemma
Wiz = 3-0
ZEROthirtythree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 04:38 PM   #88
MattMan999
WhiteSox=World Series

****, bulls playing spurs tonight...........maybe theyll win....

HA
MattMan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 05:47 PM   #89
robo2448
Get Back

Quote:
David Lee is going to be a good player without a doubt. He can shoot left or right handed and he has great leaping ability (see the year him and James White went at it in the McD's HS All-Star Dunk contest) and he has a good feel for the game. Is he playing at the 3 or 4 spot?

He plays 4. He was really impressive yesterday, 8 points, 10 rebounds. He showed some nice moves in the post, great hustle and rebounding, I like him a lot. I like the young guys on the Knicks our problem is that Isiah did a terrible job constructing the team.

So how many different ways will the Knicks be able to blow a 4th quarter lead this year? Meh at least watching them lose is entertaining.

2005-2006 slogan for the Knicks "82 Ways to Blow a 4th Quarter Lead"

Yeah we suck
Old 11-07-2005, 08:46 PM   #90
XxMasterofPuppetsxX
Your mom goes to college!

Cavs came out and played pretty well the second half and got the W
XxMasterofPuppetsxX is offline   Reply With Quote