Old 07-26-2005, 01:54 PM   #61
tXoxhXc
Bass is good

I wouldn't Take any of them
I dont like Ilya Kovalchuk, I know hes a great player, I just dont like him
Crosby Wont do as good as everyone thinks he will, PIT doesnt have the kind of team for him to shine on, Theres no doubting he will be star, But he will never be a mario
tXoxhXc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:57 PM   #62
tXoxhXc
Bass is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Clash
Ive heard Modano might be going to PHO too but i dont think they'll have the money. They still gotta sign Boucher.
They Should just get a new golie, I dont think Boucher is a good starter, I mean I got all those shutouts and he had that one great year for philly but I dont think he can be solid for 70-75 games per season, maybe If he spilt the season and played 41 games then he could post some good numbers
Old 07-26-2005, 02:02 PM   #63
The Clash

Quote:
Originally Posted by tXoxhXc
They Should just get a new golie, I dont think Boucher is a good starter, I mean I got all those shutouts and he had that one great year for philly but I dont think he can be solid for 70-75 games per season, maybe If he spilt the season and played 41 games then he could post some good numbers
Agreed. Boucher's problem isnt that hes a bad goalie, He has confidence Issues, and being a starting goalie myself for my high shcool team, Confidence is everything for a goalie. Boucher has proved a couple times in his career that he can be a top 5 NHL goaltender, But until he gets consistent confidence, he will never be more than an average backup.
The Clash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 02:04 PM   #64
Joe
Death greets me warm, now I will just say goodbye. Goodbye...

I might take Kovalchuck. Rookies are never good out of their first year, especially when they are 17.

But I agree with tXoxhXc. I don't like either.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 02:05 PM   #65
The Clash

I find it hard for anyone to beat Gretzky's records in the league we have today. The defense and goalies anymore are just so good, I dont think youll ever see anyone score 70 plus goals again.

Just for the record, The record for most goals in a season is 92 set by Wayne Gretzky.Theres only 82 games in a season. Think about that.........
Old 07-26-2005, 02:07 PM   #66
The Clash

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocaps99
I might take Kovalchuck. Rookies are never good out of their first year, especially when they are 17.

But I agree with tXoxhXc. I don't like either.

I beg to differ with your comment on Rookies not being good there first year. When Teemu Selanne entered the league his rookie year, He posted up more than SIXTY (60) goals!

Brian Boucher took the Flyers to the conferene finals as a rookie back in 2000.

Rookies can be good right away. Its just rare.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:09 PM   #67
Joe

Quote:
I find it hard for anyone to beat Gretzky's records in the league we have today. The defense and goalies anymore are just so good, I dont think youll ever see anyone score 70 plus goals again.

Just for the record, The record for most goals in a season is 92 set by Wayne Gretzky.Theres only 82 games in a season. Think about that.........
Depends on the new rules (where can i find those? are they on some website?)

Quote:
I beg to differ with your comment on Rookies not being good there first year. When Teemu Selanne entered the league his rookie year, He posted up more than SIXTY (60) goals!

Brian Boucher took the Flyers to the conferene finals as a rookie back in 2000.

Rookies can be good right away. Its just rare.
True, but extremely rare.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:13 PM   #68
tXoxhXc
Bass is good

What Do you guys think about each team only playing 10 interconference games a year. They will play each team in there division 8 time, that has its upsides I mean 8 NYR/NYI games and then 8 TOR/MLT, and they will play the other 10 teams in the Conference 4 times. So your only going to see The Flames once every three years playing IN toronto
Old 07-26-2005, 02:16 PM   #69
tXoxhXc
Bass is good

Heres somthing on the [URL=http://www.nhl.com/nhlhq/cba/rules_changes072205.html]new rules[/url]
Old 07-26-2005, 02:18 PM   #70
The Clash

Pissed

Quote:
Depends on the new rules (where can i find those? are they on some website?)

True, but extremely rare.
Go to NHL.com and look for Rules on the left side.

Here are some big ones I can think of on the top of my head:

-The red line has been eliminated (No more 2 line passes to increase offense)
-NO MORE TIES. At the end of regualtion, teams will select 3 players to partcipate in a shootout.(This does NOT count for the playoffs)
-Goalie's pad smaller
- goalies cant go into the corner to get puck
- The net has been moved back 2 feet
- Neutral Zone is smaller by 4 feet?

The NHL is REALLY trying to get more scoring in the league and trying to take out more whistles.
I like what the NHL is doing to increase offense, But it looks like there trying to take fighitng out of the game, which is somthing I will have a huge Problem with. Fighting and Hockey go hand and hand. If the NHL tries to rule out fighting, Bettman will pay!
Old 07-26-2005, 02:22 PM   #71
The Clash

Quote:
What Do you guys think about each team only playing 10 interconference games a year. They will play each team in there division 8 time, that has its upsides I mean 8 NYR/NYI games and then 8 TOR/MLT, and they will play the other 10 teams in the Conference 4 times. So your only going to see The Flames once every three years playing IN toronto

This will create more Division rivals. I like it. Games are going to count ALOT more now. You wanna win to get ahead now, AND more games that if you loose, your helping them out against you. Do you follow that?
Old 07-26-2005, 02:25 PM   #72
Joe

Not only the new rules, but did people notice that the teams in New York had the most lottery balls? They're trying to get a good popular team in one of the most crowded cities in the country.

The rules are good. They're making huge fines and suspensions for certain things and they're getting rid of ties as much as possible. They're doing a great job. They lost tons of fans because of this battle and I hope many more come back.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:26 PM   #73
tXoxhXc
Bass is good

Yeah I followed that
Old 07-26-2005, 02:29 PM   #74
The Clash

Quote:
Not only the new rules, but did people notice that the teams in New York had the most lottery balls? They're trying to get a good popular team in one of the most crowded cities in the country.

The rules are good. They're making huge fines and suspensions for certain things and they're getting rid of ties as much as possible. They're doing a great job. They lost tons of fans because of this battle and I hope many more come back.
Alot of loyal hockey fans do hate the shootout but the casual fans will love it.

Im glad its still Sudden Death OT in the Playoffs!
Old 07-26-2005, 02:30 PM   #75
The Clash

Quote:
Yeah I followed that
Haha
Old 07-26-2005, 02:38 PM   #76
tXoxhXc
Bass is good

Another team that I think with a little work could be pretty **** good is carolina.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:01 PM   #77
Red Stripe
KING HENRIK

Quote:
It'll bring back fans, but it will hurt the teams in the tough divisions. 50/50 for me.
Red Stripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 08:04 PM   #78
trev913
Official Kid With No Legs

Ilya Kovalchuk, man. I kinda dropped out of being a hockey fan this year (as I'm pretty sure a lot of us did), so I don't know much about him, but I'd rather have the sure thing here.
trev913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 08:12 PM   #79
no compromise2
Drummer, Singer, Martinie

I like the no more ties rule, i hated ties cuz doesnt really help you in the standings. at least if you lose in overtime or a shootout tou can at least get 1 point in stead of none. Plus i didnt like 2 line passes either, it just slows the pace of the game.
no compromise2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 08:18 PM   #80
no compromise2
Drummer, Singer, Martinie

Quote:
I like it too. But sometimes if teams play each other too much i kinda get tired of it, sometimes i like teams playing teams they dont usually play but i do like the rivalries.
no compromise2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 11:55 PM   #81
chorbalan
Mjollnir is close

Kovalchuk easily
chorbalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 01:22 AM   #82
humbucking fool
You've been Phaneufed

I'll go ahead and take the prospect. Pittsburgh might have some years like the early nineties again if Mario sticks around for 2 or 3 more years, with Malkin coming over to North America again. I'm not a big Crosby fan but he makes players around him better with his vision. Kovalchuk is a great hockey player but in this arguement I'll take the young gun and try my luck.

Overall, if I could build a team around any player, I'd take Iginla
humbucking fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 01:28 AM   #83
humbucking fool
You've been Phaneufed

Quote:
The Rangers Have Three Young Golies that they could be using, Blackburn will never get to start now that they have weaks, then theres Labarbera and the golie they drafted last draft, he played for the usa at world Juinors, his name escapes me at the moment, The Rangers Have To get rid of Holik, Hes not doing them any good

Blackburn's NHL career is likely over. He had a subpar year in the ECHL and his shoulder isn't recovered fully from his injury. He can't physically catch, so he wears 2 blockers now.

Bobby Ryan is a good kid, I've had a chance to play with him at a summer conditioning camp. Real goofy skater, but he gets where he needss to go (biggest knock on him is his skating.) And he can put the puck in the net -- 89 points last year. Hopefully he'll be around at #7.
humbucking fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 06:04 AM   #84
Steve DeBerg
mx Gene Simmons

Give me the Russian, you don't have to worry about what he will turn into he's allready proven himself.
Steve DeBerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 08:48 AM   #85
The Clash

Quote:
Originally Posted by no compromise2
I like the no more ties rule, i hated ties cuz doesnt really help you in the standings. at least if you lose in overtime or a shootout tou can at least get 1 point in stead of none. Plus i didnt like 2 line passes either, it just slows the pace of the game.
Its always been that if you go into Overtime your guranteed atleast ONE point even if you loose in OT. The only time that you can go into OT and NOT get any points is if you get scored on for having your goalie pulled.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:51 AM   #86
The Clash

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbucking fool
Blackburn's NHL career is likely over. He had a subpar year in the ECHL and his shoulder isn't recovered fully from his injury. He can't physically catch, so he wears 2 blockers now.

Bobby Ryan is a good kid, I've had a chance to play with him at a summer conditioning camp. Real goofy skater, but he gets where he needss to go (biggest knock on him is his skating.) And he can put the puck in the net -- 89 points last year. Hopefully he'll be around at #7.
This might sound stupid and i think its illegel but does Does Blackburn really where 2 blockers?
Old 07-27-2005, 09:23 AM   #87
The Clash

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbucking fool
I'll go ahead and take the prospect. Pittsburgh might have some years like the early nineties again if Mario sticks around for 2 or 3 more years, with Malkin coming over to North America again. I'm not a big Crosby fan but he makes players around him better with his vision. Kovalchuk is a great hockey player but in this arguement I'll take the young gun and try my luck.

Overall, if I could build a team around any player, I'd take Iginla
I was debating over putting Kovalchuk or Iginla on there. I remember when there were rumors of Iggy coming to Philly and i was so excited, but they would have gotten rid of Gagne to do that, and thats where it would have sucked. But Id love to see Iggy in a Flyers Jersey, hed be a great fit in Hitch's system.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:51 AM   #88
94_Hours
Fuel The Raging Dark Fire

Crosby has way too much pressure put on him to exceed early, obviously he won't. Kovalchuk and Heatleys chemistry together is amazing. Recchi and Crosby wont be as good, Lemieux or not.
94_Hours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 10:40 AM   #89
nitzguy
Ryan Scott Jihad..AH-lala

Quote:

when pavel bure was with the Panthers he had 2 seasons with 60+ goals then his knee died. i think it can be done.. the 70 goals at least. no one will score 92. thats just crazy.

id take Crosby. ilya uses sticks with too much curve, hes gotten in trouble many times for it
nitzguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 10:42 AM   #90
The Clash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitzguy
pavel bure had 2 seasons with 60+ goals. i think it can be done.. the 70 goals at least. no one will score 92. thats just crazy.

id take Crosby. ilya uses sticks with too much curve, hes gotten in trouble many times for it
Im aware that Bure had seasons with 60 plus goals But remember that was in the old NHL. I dont know if its possible today. But maybe with the new Rule changes, it will be possible. Well have to watch and find out.