Old 07-23-2005, 12:51 PM   #31
humbucking fool
You've been Phaneufed

Malkin has said he's staying in Europe for one more year...which I'm sure Lemieux loves to hear.

Mario is still a point per game player, a huge rarity these days, when he's healthy.
humbucking fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 01:50 PM   #32
tXoxhXc
Bass is good

Mario is simply on of the best players to ever play the game, Crosby will learn alot from him, Pittsburgh will have a great team in a few years, nice young players, abid, fata, koltsov, and Malkin
tXoxhXc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 01:55 PM   #33
tXoxhXc
Bass is good

Lemieux could very well play for nothing, I mean he wants to see his team do good
I want to see what toronto does, they better clean house and get some youth, domi has to go
Old 07-23-2005, 02:05 PM   #34
Breakwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoibanez
Man, being from Montreal, and the fact that Crosby wanted to play for Montreal, just made the lottery more exciting.
Yeah it was exciting once we got to the top 10, but I'm happy with 5th pick. Who knows in a couple years when his contract finishes we can pick him up.
Breakwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 03:47 PM   #35
seanman99
#9 Scrumhalf

OH YAA!!! Montreal has 5th overall. Soo close to gettting Crosby. A well altleast we got bumped up 10 spots.
seanman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 04:06 PM   #36
In the Absence of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Stripe
Jagr is staying in NY. Washington is paying half his salary.

And can someone plaease explain the big deal with Lemieux, he's always injured, and he's always whining about something. And besides now he's old so he's not as effective.
Mario had cancer in his back. He came back, and can still be dominant.

That's the big deal with Lemieux.

Nice job, Pittsburgh. Good to see my boys are headed in the right direction.
3074326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 04:13 PM   #37
monokolopo
Banned

Flyers buy out LeClair, Amonte
monokolopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 11:04 AM   #38
Red Stripe
KING HENRIK

Is Cheechoo still on San Jose, and Radivojevic still on Philly, I want them both to come to the Rangers, simply because they have the best last names in the league.
Red Stripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 01:10 PM   #39
humbucking fool
You've been Phaneufed

Modano could very well be a free agent too. How about another overpaid guy in his late 30's on the Rangers?
Old 07-25-2005, 01:36 PM   #40
Red Stripe
KING HENRIK

We're gonna get Sakic in 10 years
Old 07-25-2005, 01:36 PM   #41
Red Stripe
KING HENRIK

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbucking fool
Modano could very well be a free agent too. How about another overpaid guy in his late 30's on the Rangers?
He's probably going to Phoenix
Old 07-25-2005, 04:04 PM   #42
tXoxhXc
Bass is good

Sakic and Blake Resigned by Av's
Savage Droped by Phoenix
Hatcher, McCarty and Whitney Put On Waivers by DET
Habs Gte rid of that Usless Brisebois and along with morgan
Sens Keep Smolinski and de Vries.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:57 PM   #43
Quintox

pittsburgh is my hometown, they need a good baseball team
Quintox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 02:02 AM   #44
humbucking fool
You've been Phaneufed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3074326
Mario had cancer in his back. He came back, and can still be dominant.

That's the big deal with Lemieux.

Nice job, Pittsburgh. Good to see my boys are headed in the right direction.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=3105

...and his pretty ridiculous carreer numbers
Old 07-26-2005, 07:45 AM   #45
EinzingerIsGod
A hero kills people.

The NHL Thread

There seems to be alot of different NHL threads floating around so I figured I'd make a thread for it all. Discuss anything from the new rules, the draft and free agents, predictions for the season, etc.

Personally I am a huge Boston Bruins fan and as of now they have three players signed. Boston historically has a horrible reputation for awful trades, so this offseason is Harry Sinden's chance to redeem himself. I'm really looking forward to seeing who they get for free agents.
EinzingerIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 09:37 AM   #46
:lol:
Banned

:lol: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 09:54 AM   #47
RCA
Amorphous Anomaly

/me is a Bruins fan as well

Yeah, our trade history isn't too good. I hope this season changes that!
RCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 10:13 AM   #48
Red Stripe
KING HENRIK

Go Rangers, I really have no idea how were gonna do this year seriously. We could use a goalie, Duhnam sucks, but he can beat the Islanders, and Weekes isn't great either. He have a lot of young guys Ortmeyer, Tyutin, others.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:19 PM   #49
tXoxhXc
Bass is good

The Rangers Have Three Young Golies that they could be using, Blackburn will never get to start now that they have weaks, then theres Labarbera and the golie they drafted last draft, he played for the usa at world Juinors, his name escapes me at the moment, The Rangers Have To get rid of Holik, Hes not doing them any good
Old 07-26-2005, 12:29 PM   #50
The Clash

Huge Flyers Fan here baby. Alot of people are predicting us a cup favorite. Im looking forward to seeing how Jeff Carter and Mike Richards pan out for us. Im hoping Clarke doesnt pull the trigger on Carter to get the 3rd or 5th pick in the draft to select Bobby Ryan, I say that because that rumor has been circulating on Flyers message boards. I thinks Clarkes been one of the best GMs in hockey in the past 3 years. Its sad to see old LeClair leave philly. The word on the street is that whereever Lindros signs, LeClair may go to rejoin him. I know Lindros wants to go to Toronto (Along with like ALL other FAs this summer) Anyone else here a Philly Fan?
The Clash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 12:31 PM   #51
no compromise2
Drummer, Singer, Martinie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Clash
Huge Flyers Fan here baby. Alot of people are predicting us a cup favorite. Im looking forward to seeing how Jeff Carter and Mike Richards pan out for us. Im hoping Clarke doesnt pull the trigger on Carter to get the 3rd or 5th pick in the draft to select Bobby Ryan, I say that because that rumor has been circulating on Flyers message boards. I thinks Clarkes been one of the best GMs in hockey in the past 3 years. Its sad to see old LeClair leave philly. The word on the street is that whereever Lindros signs, LeClair may go to rejoin him. I know Lindros wants to go to Toronto (Along with like ALL other FAs this summer) Anyone else here a Philly Fan?
Im a flyers fan but i haven't been keepin up with the draft talks
no compromise2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 12:34 PM   #52
Red Stripe
KING HENRIK

Quote:
Originally Posted by tXoxhXc
The Rangers Have Three Young Golies that they could be using, Blackburn will never get to start now that they have weaks, then theres Labarbera and the golie they drafted last draft, he played for the usa at world Juinors, his name escapes me at the moment, The Rangers Have To get rid of Holik, Hes not doing them any good
Montoya?, And I doubt they're gonna keep Weekes, they had him for 1 year, they're probably getting rid of him. Kasparitis is gone, Lindros is gone, Holik should be gone, hopefully. Jagr is staying because Washington is paying half his salary. They just resigned Poti, and Leetch might be coming back
Old 07-26-2005, 12:38 PM   #53
The Clash

I think Fleury will be a bust for the Pens. The Flyers young goalie prospect (Nittamaki) put Fleury to shame when he played in the AHL playoffs this past season.

I hear the Pens might get Kovalev back too. That will definitly help them. Pittsburgh still has alot of work to do. Crosby's only 17, hes supposed to be great, but remember he hasnt played an NHL game yet. He could be another over hyped 1st round bust, Hopefully not though. The Pens IMO are a 8th or 7th seed team at best right now, But the Pens future looks bright for the first time in a while
Old 07-26-2005, 12:41 PM   #54
The Clash

Quote:
Originally Posted by no compromise2
Im a flyers fan but i haven't been keepin up with the draft talks
Well it makes me happy to know that Im not the Only Flyers fan here. We have the 20th pick in the draft.

A guy named Bobby Ryan said in an interview that he'd love to play for the Flyers. This guys expected to go in the top 5, hes a power forward. He was saying how the Flyers and Carolina have done alot of dealing in the past together and he would love to see if Clarke traded up to get the canes 5th pick in the draft. It will be exciting to see what they do to get him, I know Clarke is definitly looking into this to see what he can do, But im just affraid he might give up to much to have to make this deal.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:54 PM   #55
The Clash

Quote:
Is Cheechoo still on San Jose, and Radivojevic still on Philly, I want them both to come to the Rangers, simply because they have the best last names in the league.
Cheechoo will be back in San Jose

Radio (Radivojevic) will most likely be back in Philly.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:55 PM   #56
The Clash

Quote:
He's probably going to Phoenix

Ive heard Modano might be going to PHO too but i dont think they'll have the money. They still gotta sign Boucher.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:12 PM   #57
The Clash

Who would you rather have (NHL)

Who would you rather have to start a Franchise with.

Sidney Crosby (17 years of age, Still a ? mark, No NHL expiernce, Supposed to be the next Gretzky,Take the gamble of him being a bust) OR
Ilya Kovalchuk(22 years of age, Proven NHL young Superstar, Lead the league in goals last season with 41, Second in the league with 87 points)

Id Take Kovalchuk, Because he is a proven NHL superstar, Already scoring 40 plus goals at 22 and getting almost 90 points. Also, Kovalchuk has some good size at 6 2', 220 Lbs. While Crosby is smaller at 5 11', 193 Lbs.

The new NHL rules will help smaller players like Crosby out though in terms of there size and style of play.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:21 PM   #58
no compromise2
Drummer, Singer, Martinie

I would say Kovalchuk cuz we kno what hes capable of. We still need to see how good Crosby is in the NHL
no compromise2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:51 PM   #59
tXoxhXc
Bass is good

Quote:
Montoya?, And I doubt they're gonna keep Weekes, they had him for 1 year, they're probably getting rid of him. Kasparitis is gone, Lindros is gone, Holik should be gone, hopefully. Jagr is staying because Washington is paying half his salary. They just resigned Poti, and Leetch might be coming back
I'm Not a huge fan of the rangers, but I must say that with a few Fa Signings and moving a few players around they should have a nice team. Another Player Im looking to see play this year is Upshall From Nashville, Hopeing He Will turn out to be a great young player
Old 07-26-2005, 01:54 PM   #60
The Clash

Quote:
Originally Posted by tXoxhXc
I'm Not a huge fan of the rangers, but I must say that with a few Fa Signings and moving a few players around they should have a nice team. Another Player Im looking to see play this year is Upshall From Nashville, Hopeing He Will turn out to be a great young player
The Rangers are a PERFECT example of the fact that you cant buy a cup. Go out and get as many all star Selfish players as you want, you wont get anywhere. What there cap got up to over 90 Million and still didnt make the playoffs, thats awful. Bure,Jagr,etc cant all have the spotlight on them, you gotta play as a team and get team chemistry and team morale. The Rangers have none.