View Poll Results: Do you agree with me?
Yes. 20 68.97%
Religiously. 9 31.03%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
Old 06-22-2005, 09:36 PM   #61
Bazarov
Aryan Hammer
 
Bazarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Daygo bitch!
Posts: 6,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by trading_sadness4numbness
What kind of pre-U.S invasion Iraqi poll is this?
This has nothing to due with the Iraqi invasion.
Bazarov is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 09:41 PM   #62
trading_sadness4numbness
Registered User
 
trading_sadness4numbness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Colorado, U.S.
Posts: 164
I didn't say it did, look at the poll, half of us wouldn't even be able to vote closely to what we've been posting about...... "kind of like the elections held by saddam....."


"now do you get it?
trading_sadness4numbness is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 09:51 PM   #63
MattSharpIsCool
Stanley Cup Champs 2010
 
MattSharpIsCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 14,910
I dont even understand the choices in the poll. Do we agree with him, or do we REALLY agree with him. Are those our choices?
MattSharpIsCool is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 09:53 PM   #64
thrashfanatic2010
Registered User
 
thrashfanatic2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,914
evolution exists volumnius get over it.

its called scientific evidence ie. body hair, natural selection, wisdom teeth, lengths of our pinkies etc.

and yes dinosaurs did exist, there's no argument about that, its called fossils dumbass
thrashfanatic2010 is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 09:54 PM   #65
Bazarov
Aryan Hammer
 
Bazarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Daygo bitch!
Posts: 6,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattSharpIsCool
I dont even understand the choices in the poll. Do we agree with him, or do we REALLY agree with him. Are those our choices?
I was confused too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trading_sadness4numbness
I didn't say it did, look at the poll, half of us wouldn't even be able to vote closely to what we've been posting about...... "kind of like the elections held by saddam....."


"now do you get it?
Ahh yeah. Now I do...
Bazarov is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 09:54 PM   #66
trading_sadness4numbness
Registered User
 
trading_sadness4numbness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Colorado, U.S.
Posts: 164
Exactly my point hence....pre-U.S invasion Iraqi poll.
trading_sadness4numbness is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 09:57 PM   #67
Bazarov
Aryan Hammer
 
Bazarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Daygo bitch!
Posts: 6,388
If anyone here is a Creation Science Evangelist, perhaps they could explain more and have it make more sense. They embrace dinosaurs and evolution all part of God's plan.

Anyways, didn't Pope John Paul say that evolution is a real thing, and that God gave humans souls? That's what I was told in science class in 8th grade when some kid was complaining about how evolution isn't real.
Bazarov is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 10:10 PM   #68
Trivium
Registered User
 
Trivium's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,649
why did god give us an apendix, or tonsils, or wisdom teeth?

they just cause problems, we get rid of them.

If you dont believe in evolution, then you were raised by parents who forced their religious bullcrap on you, or your not able to realize what is clearly obvious. The bible is a book, its a good book, however its not the only book, all it is, a book, letters and spaces on paper.

The bible was not dropped from heaven, it is mans creation.
Trivium is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 10:15 PM   #69
Bazarov
Aryan Hammer
 
Bazarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Daygo bitch!
Posts: 6,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivium
why did god give us an apendix, or tonsils, or wisdom teeth?

they just cause problems, we get rid of them.

If you dont believe in evolution, then you were raised by parents who forced their religious bullcrap on you, or your not able to realize what is clearly obvious. The bible is a book, its a good book, however its not the only book, all it is, a book, letters and spaces on paper.

The bible was not dropped from heaven, it is mans creation.
Or maybe people need religion to feel complete, to feel like their life has meaning?

This thread anyways is about dinosaurs and the bible. They are stated in the bible.

Doesn't it make more sense to you that a higher power created everything.... as opposed to a "BIG BANG" and then stuff started happening out of nothing?
Bazarov is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 10:17 PM   #70
Nra4ever_17
Monotones are sexy
 
Nra4ever_17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Halifax, NS, Canada
Posts: 3,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrothgar
Or maybe people need religion to feel complete, to feel like their life has meaning?

This thread anyways is about dinosaurs and the bible. They are stated in the bible.

Doesn't it make more sense to you that a higher power created everything.... as opposed to a "BIG BANG" and then stuff started happening out of nothing?
No.
Nra4ever_17 is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 10:20 PM   #71
Bazarov
Aryan Hammer
 
Bazarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Daygo bitch!
Posts: 6,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nra4ever_17
No.
Hmmm alright.
Bazarov is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 10:21 PM   #72
Trivium
Registered User
 
Trivium's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrothgar
Doesn't it make more sense to you that a higher power created everything.... as opposed to a "BIG BANG" and then stuff started happening out of nothing?
nope, not at all, there IS a higher power as far as im concerned, I just cant fathom how we ended up here.

Though the evidence supporting singularity beats the genesis tale, its fine.

All of the universe's matter was once at a single point, then it went boom, the momentum from that is what still drives the universe's expanson now.

If you choose religion to find meaning in life, to have guidance in times of need, then thats a really great thing, and your using it to benefit yourself in the ways it should.

Religion is taken to far when you believe all the stories in the bible as history and truth, not just lessons to be learned.
Trivium is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 10:29 PM   #73
trading_sadness4numbness
Registered User
 
trading_sadness4numbness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Colorado, U.S.
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivium
nope, not at all, there IS a higher power as far as im concerned, I just cant fathom how we ended up here.

Though the evidence supporting singularity beats the genesis tale, its fine.

All of the universe's matter was once at a single point, then it went boom, the momentum from that is what still drives the universe's expanson now.

If you choose religion to find meaning in life, to have guidance in times of need, then thats a really great thing, and your using it to benefit yourself in the ways it should.

Religion is taken to far when you believe all the stories in the bible as history and truth, not just lessons to be learned.

agree: "Religion is the opiate of the masses." Karl Marx
trading_sadness4numbness is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 10:29 PM   #74
thrashfanatic2010
Registered User
 
thrashfanatic2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,914
"Or maybe people need religion to feel complete, to feel like their life has meaning? "

thats because it's a crutch for the weak.
thrashfanatic2010 is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 10:34 PM   #75
trading_sadness4numbness
Registered User
 
trading_sadness4numbness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Colorado, U.S.
Posts: 164
weak?
trading_sadness4numbness is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 10:34 PM   #76
Bazarov
Aryan Hammer
 
Bazarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Daygo bitch!
Posts: 6,388
All of these opinions are interesting.
Bazarov is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 10:36 PM   #77
trading_sadness4numbness
Registered User
 
trading_sadness4numbness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Colorado, U.S.
Posts: 164
creationists may also look at it as a crutch for the week.... "see what i did there?"
"Good no?"
trading_sadness4numbness is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 10:42 PM   #78
thrashfanatic2010
Registered User
 
thrashfanatic2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by trading_sadness4numbness
creationists may also look at it as a crutch for the week.... "see what i did there?"
"Good no?"
lay off the smack.

you used the wrong form of 'weak'

you used the form that describes a period of 7 days in regards to a calendar

the form i used (weak) refers to the idea of lacking strength
thrashfanatic2010 is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 10:42 PM   #79
trading_sadness4numbness
Registered User
 
trading_sadness4numbness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Colorado, U.S.
Posts: 164
week: days of the week
weak: not strong?......


wow nothing
/laughs from thread
trading_sadness4numbness is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 10:42 PM   #80
trading_sadness4numbness
Registered User
 
trading_sadness4numbness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Colorado, U.S.
Posts: 164
yeah twas a joke
trading_sadness4numbness is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 10:56 PM   #81
The Jolly Pakistani
Registered User
 
The Jolly Pakistani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,667
That crutch for the weak remark was totally unfounded. I'm sure just as many people look to science to find order in our existance.
The Jolly Pakistani is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 11:00 PM   #82
trading_sadness4numbness
Registered User
 
trading_sadness4numbness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Colorado, U.S.
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jolly Pakistani
That crutch for the weak remark was totally unfounded. I'm sure just as many people look to science to find order in our existance.

yeah
trading_sadness4numbness is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 11:36 PM   #83
Volumnius Flush
Tway's Sugardaddy
 
Volumnius Flush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: texas
Posts: 5,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by trading_sadness4numbness
Exactly my point hence....pre-U.S invasion Iraqi poll.

Ohh noes!! We invaded Iraq and liberated 20 million people!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrashfanatic2010
evolution exists volumnius get over it.

its called scientific evidence ie. body hair, natural selection, wisdom teeth, lengths of our pinkies etc.

and yes dinosaurs did exist, there's no argument about that, its called fossils dumbass

Atleast read the thread. Don't come in on page 3 and act like you know ****. Atleast read what you're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattSharpIsCool
I dont even understand the choices in the poll. Do we agree with him, or do we REALLY agree with him. Are those our choices?

So, which one did you choose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trading_sadness4numbness
I didn't say it did, look at the poll, half of us wouldn't even be able to vote closely to what we've been posting about...... "kind of like the elections held by saddam....."


"now do you get it?
It's because you're tlking **** when you have no room to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nra4ever_17
None of that proves he wasn't religious.

You haven't proved he is. Religion isn't standard. It's an add-on.
Volumnius Flush is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 11:39 PM   #84
Volumnius Flush
Tway's Sugardaddy
 
Volumnius Flush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: texas
Posts: 5,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrothgar
Or maybe people need religion to feel complete, to feel like their life has meaning?

This thread anyways is about dinosaurs and the bible. They are stated in the bible.

Doesn't it make more sense to you that a higher power created everything.... as opposed to a "BIG BANG" and then stuff started happening out of nothing?

Do you have a religion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivium
why did god give us an apendix, or tonsils, or wisdom teeth?

they just cause problems, we get rid of them.

If you dont believe in evolution, then you were raised by parents who forced their religious bullcrap on you, or your not able to realize what is clearly obvious. The bible is a book, its a good book, however its not the only book, all it is, a book, letters and spaces on paper.

The bible was not dropped from heaven, it is mans creation.

I don't believe in evolution because it's a ****ty idea that I decided isn't real. My parents have nothing to do with this. If anything, websites I've read from have influenced my beliefs. Though a lot I come up with myself.
Volumnius Flush is offline  
Old 06-23-2005, 09:09 AM   #85
RouteOne
67 inches of krieg
 
RouteOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 83,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volumnius Flush
Do you have a religion?




I don't believe in evolution because it's a ****ty idea that I decided isn't real. My parents have nothing to do with this. If anything, websites I've read from have influenced my beliefs. Though a lot I come up with myself.
One doesn't have to have a religion.


So you get most of your info from the internet, huh? And we all know no one ever lies on the internet.
RouteOne is offline  
Old 06-23-2005, 09:22 AM   #86
Volumnius Flush
Tway's Sugardaddy
 
Volumnius Flush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: texas
Posts: 5,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by amostbitterseason
One doesn't have to have a religion.

I was asking him because the way he talks sometimes makes me think he is religious. Other times, I have no idea. I'll take a quote from italic zero, reading comprehension isn't one of your strengths, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amostbitterseason
So you get most of your info from the internet, huh? And we all know no one ever lies on the internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volumnius Flush
If anything, websites I've read from have influenced my beliefs. Though a lot I come up with myself.
See that bolded sentence right there? Way to twist my words jacka$$. Seriously, I have to be insane to challenge the existence of dinosaurs. No website I've came across has ever made this claim.
Volumnius Flush is offline  
Old 06-23-2005, 09:24 AM   #87
RouteOne
67 inches of krieg
 
RouteOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 83,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volumnius Flush
I was asking him because the way he talks sometimes makes me think he is religious. Other times, I have no idea. I'll take a quote from italic zero, reading comprehension isn't one of your strengths, is it?





See that bolded sentence right there? Way to twist my words jacka$$. Seriously, I have to be insane to challenge the existence of dinosaurs. No website I've came across has ever made this claim.
But still, you challenge actual scientifical proof to not be real and some how it was sent by Satan to confuse man. How can you seriously believe this?
RouteOne is offline  
Old 06-23-2005, 09:34 AM   #88
trading_sadness4numbness
Registered User
 
trading_sadness4numbness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Colorado, U.S.
Posts: 164
woah, heh I can't believe your keepin this up.

"hat's off. volum"
trading_sadness4numbness is offline  
Old 06-23-2005, 09:37 AM   #89
Volumnius Flush
Tway's Sugardaddy
 
Volumnius Flush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: texas
Posts: 5,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by amostbitterseason
But still, you challenge actual scientifical proof to not be real and some how it was sent by Satan to confuse man. How can you seriously believe this?


Dinosaurs are theoretically a Satanic principal. On a Satanic scale, 65 millions years ago a meteor hit the Earth causing all creatures to go extinct. Some time after that, there was hmans among other things.

The missing link between Christianity and science is the dinosaurs; I'm sure of it. The idea of dinosaurs has contradictions in a Christian-based science and Christianity itself. The difference between Christianity and science is the dinosaurs. In Christianity, the only possibility for dinosaurs is co-existence with man. In science, the only possibility is the extinction of dinosaurs 65 million years ago.

If you think about and take a Christian approach to science, dinosaurs technically cannot exist.

I have a hard time putting into words what I'm thinking in my head, so if you didn't understand something, ask and I will try to focus better on that part.
Volumnius Flush is offline  
Old 06-23-2005, 09:39 AM   #90
Volumnius Flush
Tway's Sugardaddy
 
Volumnius Flush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: texas
Posts: 5,037
So who are my two religious followers? What did everyone vote?
Volumnius Flush is offline  
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:57 PM.