Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
Old 01-11-2005, 05:37 AM   #61
Nightvision
Loves The Trends You Hate
 
Nightvision's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: 52 32.6N 001 43.7E
Posts: 4,529
ah right - was going to say - those that drum and sing are a rare and talented breed.
Nightvision is offline  
Old 01-11-2005, 08:58 AM   #62
benfan
Congress Tart
 
benfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 2,696
ok i have a question for any guitarists in here, i have a jackson ke3 and the volume pott seems to have fu.ked up. it ok until i turn it up to full and then it cuts out. anyone no why?
benfan is offline  
Old 01-11-2005, 09:55 AM   #63
moaner
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason101
ah right - was going to say - those that drum and sing are a rare and talented breed.
phil collins
 
Old 01-11-2005, 09:57 AM   #64
moaner
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallicafan1
ok i have a question for any guitarists in here, i have a jackson ke3 and the volume pott seems to have fu.ked up. it ok until i turn it up to full and then it cuts out. anyone no why?
you could, replace the pot? or, perhaps, replace the pot?

Is it ONLY when the pot is in full?
 
Old 01-11-2005, 11:33 AM   #65
Nightvision
Loves The Trends You Hate
 
Nightvision's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: 52 32.6N 001 43.7E
Posts: 4,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by moaner
phil collins
I said TALENTED!



(sorry, I know he does have talent, I'm just not a fan)
Nightvision is offline  
Old 01-11-2005, 11:48 AM   #66
benfan
Congress Tart
 
benfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 2,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by moaner
you could, replace the pot? or, perhaps, replace the pot?

Is it ONLY when the pot is in full?

yeh someone told me it was to do with the petentiometer or somet. i'll probly change the pickups anyway so they will be changed anyway
benfan is offline  
Old 01-11-2005, 03:22 PM   #67
moaner
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallicafan1
yeh someone told me it was to do with the petentiometer or somet. i'll probly change the pickups anyway so they will be changed anyway
not neccessarily, unless you're switching from passives to actives. If you're not, just ask the tech who's changing your pickups to stick a new volume pot in while he's in there, I doubt they'd even charge you any labour for it if they're afriendly shop
 
Old 01-11-2005, 03:25 PM   #68
moaner
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallicafan1
yeh someone told me it was to do with the petentiometer or somet. i'll probly change the pickups anyway so they will be changed anyway
by petentiometer you mean potentiometer which is always abbreviated too pot within guitarists
 
Old 01-12-2005, 10:19 AM   #69
benfan
Congress Tart
 
benfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 2,696
ok thanks moaner
benfan is offline  
Old 01-12-2005, 10:00 PM   #70
seversonfam
MX's Head Giggalo
 
seversonfam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 192
i see i missed introductions like usual, but yeah im jake....im 17 and i do a whole bunch of **** haha.... from playin guitar in my band to recording my band (and a few other bands on occasion) to setting up rock shows around my area, music is my biatch afterparties are my specialty though :P

anyways, im going to be setting up a show with 4 bands here in march anyone got any cool ideas or anything they have seen at other shows? i came up with the idea of putting some busted up cars and computers and **** like that near the stages and letting people buy bats to smash the **** out of them during the show for like 5 bucks a bat but thats all i have so far for this show and i dont know if im going to do that one yet for health reasons......but yea ive been known for putting on unique shows which is why im kinda successful at them and im starting to run out of ideas.....anyone got any for me?
seversonfam is offline  
Old 01-13-2005, 12:10 AM   #71
KKKKKocaine
Farang.
 
KKKKKocaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: England
Posts: 7,018
I might be taking a leave from MX for a few months, basicly things are fairly fucked up right now, and it doesn't make for a good poster.
KKKKKocaine is offline  
Old 01-14-2005, 06:28 PM   #72
FatherKeeL
Sir Paul who spits fire
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 542
:-(

... hope things turn out all right...

cheers

FK
FatherKeeL is offline  
Old 01-18-2005, 07:52 PM   #73
Trigger_003
"Trea the Tanned"
 
Trigger_003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKKKKocaine
I might be taking a leave from MX for a few months, basicly things are fairly fucked up right now, and it doesn't make for a good poster.
*cries*
I hope things get back to alright for you soon too... sorry to hear that man.
Trigger_003 is offline  
Old 01-20-2005, 01:45 AM   #74
KKKKKocaine
Farang.
 
KKKKKocaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: England
Posts: 7,018
http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291917

7..Maybe 8 pages of me kicking the punk forums around.
Nothing defeating a bunch of ostracizing jerks who don't understand the music industry beyond, "omg i fukkin h8 limp bizkit dey r sellouts cuz dey wuz in da pop charts"
KKKKKocaine is offline  
Old 01-20-2005, 09:44 AM   #75
moaner
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKKKKocaine
http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291917

7..Maybe 8 pages of me kicking the punk forums around.
Nothing defeating a bunch of ostracizing jerks who don't understand the music industry beyond, "omg i fukkin h8 limp bizkit dey r sellouts cuz dey wuz in da pop charts"
I almost got inbolved, until i realised i'd be insulting punk in the punk forum.

I almost posted:

"I find emo an unlistenable* part of punk, my least favourite genre. I still acknowledge the talent that goes into it"

but i stopped myself JIT.


*no offence, I doubt you rate metallica or GNR as especially listenable

Last edited by moaner; 01-20-2005 at 09:49 AM.
 
Old 01-20-2005, 02:46 PM   #76
Aes820
Moderator
Moderator
 
Aes820's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Straya
Posts: 18,046
I try to stay out of the music genre forums, to avoid getting into arguments based around musical opinions.
Aes820 is offline  
Old 01-20-2005, 03:02 PM   #77
moaner
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aes820
I try to stay out of the music genre forums, to avoid getting into arguments based around musical opinions.
me too, i only went to that one because of kkk... You certaintly have succeeded, I've "known" you for quite some time and other than knowing its probably metal i have no idea what genre you play. I guess metal only through your amp and guitar choices.
 
Old 01-20-2005, 03:58 PM   #78
Aes820
Moderator
Moderator
 
Aes820's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Straya
Posts: 18,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by moaner
me too, i only went to that one because of kkk... You certaintly have succeeded, I've "known" you for quite some time and other than knowing its probably metal i have no idea what genre you play. I guess metal only through your amp and guitar choices.
I think I've got an extremely versatile musical taste. I enjoy playing anything; from noodling with metal riffs, Acoustic finger-picking songs to even some classical stuff.

Im in two bands.
The first is a post hardcore style band. With influences from both Punk and Hardcore genres. A bit like Boy Sets Fire, or Strung Out. Loud and hard.

The second is a pop rock band. That band is much more vocal driven, with three kickarse vocalists in the band (me not being one of them ) we rely on rich vocal harmonies more so than guitar riffs. On a similar wavelength to Split Endz, Counting Crows or Powderfinger.

I play the Mesa gear because I love their tone and their quality. Just because it says Mesa Boogie on the front of it, doesnt mean it needs to be used for metal.

Last edited by Aes820; 01-20-2005 at 04:01 PM.
Aes820 is offline  
Old 01-21-2005, 10:46 AM   #79
moaner
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Hey aes, you seen the new range of behirnger sotboxes? Those offer such incredible value? Zoom are gonna go out of business if behringer can offer a multi FX for 22 and a 3 amp modell cab modelling DI box for 30.
 
Old 01-23-2005, 04:46 PM   #80
Trigger_003
"Trea the Tanned"
 
Trigger_003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,379
Hehe, your new avatar patriotic enough Aes?
/bump

By the way (still to Aes)... is one of the bands you're in Manifest? Or are you just hosting that site or something?

Last edited by Trigger_003; 01-23-2005 at 04:55 PM.
Trigger_003 is offline  
Old 01-23-2005, 05:31 PM   #81
Aes820
Moderator
Moderator
 
Aes820's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Straya
Posts: 18,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger_003
Hehe, your new avatar patriotic enough Aes?
/bump

By the way (still to Aes)... is one of the bands you're in Manifest? Or are you just hosting that site or something?
Haha. Yeah, it's for this Wednesday. I thought something overly patriotic for the occasion would be suitable.

Yeah. I play Lead Guitar for that band. That's me on the left of this picture (with the blue cap):
http://www.dropbear.net/manifest/media/gig_dec04/11.jpg
We are not overly fantasic. Nothing ground breaking or anything, but we can hold our own.
Aes820 is offline  
Old 01-24-2005, 12:28 AM   #82
moaner
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aes820
Haha. Yeah, it's for this Wednesday. I thought something overly patriotic for the occasion would be suitable.

Yeah. I play Lead Guitar for that band. That's me on the left of this picture (with the blue cap):
http://www.dropbear.net/manifest/media/gig_dec04/11.jpg
We are not overly fantasic. Nothing ground breaking or anything, but we can hold our own.
don't be stupid aes, you look exactly like the guy in your avatar. Its a well known fact.
 
Old 01-24-2005, 03:17 PM   #83
the_uber_penguin
MXaiden > Your band
 
the_uber_penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by moaner
don't be stupid aes, you look exactly like the guy in your avatar. Its a well known fact.
Except normally we're in 3D in real life.

moaner, however, was really good at hide and seek in school. All he did was stand side on.

He does still have to be careful in strong winds, however.
the_uber_penguin is offline  
Old 01-24-2005, 03:37 PM   #84
Aes820
Moderator
Moderator
 
Aes820's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Straya
Posts: 18,046
Good to see that Trigger is Aussie made too.
Aes820 is offline  
Old 01-24-2005, 03:58 PM   #85
moaner
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_uber_penguin
Except normally we're in 3D in real life.

moaner, however, was really good at hide and seek in school. All he did was stand side on.

He does still have to be careful in strong winds, however.
I keep money and firearms in my hat.

As to the winds- I can't even go outside in the UK winter, why do you think I'm on mx so much?
 
Old 01-24-2005, 09:07 PM   #86
Trigger_003
"Trea the Tanned"
 
Trigger_003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,379
*hopes I don't look like my avatar
*checks in mirror
Phew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aes820
Good to see that Trigger is Aussie made too.
By the way... If you want, the name's Trea

Last edited by Trigger_003; 01-24-2005 at 09:35 PM.
Trigger_003 is offline  
Old 01-25-2005, 07:20 PM   #87
Cain
xenomorph may be involved
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,053
Hey there, guys. I'm Lucas and I play guitar...I'm one of those obsessive people that practice for at least a few hours every day...I also greatly enjoy creative writing, history, and drawing. I don't post in here too often, but I've wanted to. So I saw this thread and decided to post.
Cain is offline  
Old 01-27-2005, 03:22 AM   #88
FatherKeeL
Sir Paul who spits fire
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 542
... ive got no avater... you will never figure out what i look like... :-)
FatherKeeL is offline  
Old 01-27-2005, 10:56 AM   #89
the_uber_penguin
MXaiden > Your band
 
the_uber_penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,646
It's worth mentioning that my avatar is actually my younger brother.
the_uber_penguin is offline  
Old 01-27-2005, 11:04 AM   #90
KKKKKocaine
Farang.
 
KKKKKocaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: England
Posts: 7,018
It's worth mentioning that a brand new manufacturer going by the name 'Behringer' is offering an entire range of equipment for cheap as free.
*Breaking News*
KKKKKocaine is offline  
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:48 PM.