Old 11-15-2004, 03:40 AM   #1
faisal

GT-6 reviews please...

guys should i go for the boss GT-6? Can anyone who owns it give me reviews and tell me how satisfied he/she is with it?
thanks!
Old 11-17-2004, 02:17 PM   #2
Sloth
I steal sh.i.t

I USED to have it... I like/d it. It is VERY convenient! It has a bunch of Distortions and effects. Depending on what kind of music you play, a lot of them can be useless..

I think it all depends on where you are at musically and pocket wise.. If you're just starting out and don't wanna waste a ton of money on single stomp boxes that you might not like...Definately go for it.. I had (and still have) that problem of buying a stomp box that everyone likes and sounds great, but...I don't see why it's so good, it might suck.. See what I'm saying..
plus, it's only like $400 i think.. Depending on the single stomp boxes you would get, you might be able to only buy 2 or 3 pedals for that much..

But then there's the issue of SOUND and TONE!
the GT-6 has all of the little knobs and **** to change the sound.. If you take a distortion, you can tweak it any way you like (the same goes with every other sound). But even after you find a cool sound, it will still sound slightly fake.. The reason for this--The GT-6 is all digital.. So everything will have a "kind of tint" to it..
Compared to the more expensive single stomp boxes... A GT-6 will sound poor and weak.. Stomp boxes have only one sound per box- thus focusing on that sound.. This is why I sold my GT-6.. I find the tone of stomps MUCH MUCH MUCH more appealing.. but that's my own opinion..
There's another factor.. ..Everyone has different opinions on what sounds good or bad.. Someone will complain about your sound no matter what you have.. You need to find what you like..
I would HIGHLY suggest that you go to a Guitar Center (or some other store like it) and just play through the GT-6... The GC by me has every pedal they sell set up for you to play with.. ..If you have something like this around you, DEFINATELY go play it... Find what you like or don't like...

SO......If you're just above a begginer, you don't have tons of $ to throw at stomps, and you set up is pretty naked.. I would go for it.. If you don't like it.. It will at least give you an idea of what you want to be different.. Plus, you will probably always want to upgrade your set up with new pedals and different sounds...

I hope that helped some