Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
Old 04-14-2004, 02:11 AM   #1
br3ad_man
out of touch
 
br3ad_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 14,619
Request A Review

If anyone wants reviews done, this is the thread for it.
br3ad_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 03:19 PM   #2
madcuttlefish
hsifelttucdam
 
madcuttlefish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Basingstoke, UK
Posts: 6,889
Would somebody be so kind as to review the Laney LC or VC series of amps? I've tried both of them out but I just wanted to know if there are any problems or things that you have found with them.

Thanks.
madcuttlefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 04:11 PM   #3
Population Zero
mx headbanger
 
Population Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 89
Would someone please review the American Fender Telecaster (Standard)? I'm thinking of buying one, and I want to read a few of your guy's reviews on it.
Population Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 04:24 PM   #4
guitarded_chuck
roit cheeky buga
 
guitarded_chuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Halifax, Canada
Posts: 17,007
Gibson SG and Les Paul.
guitarded_chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 07:05 PM   #5
VoodooChild
Coventry: Last Pharewell
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 752
Ok, I'm wondering if anyone can review some guitar pickups. I just want to know what pickups are good for what kinds of music. When people on the guitar forum say " OH man, I got the EMG 75's and the dimarzios 69's or something" I have no idea what they are saying. Plus I'm sick of the p/u in my guitar so I'm looking for some new ones. Proabably something good for blues and something good for a classic rock sound (Zep,AC/DC, ect). Also, I think this little review/guide could help out a lot of other n00bs so maybe the review could be stickied in the guitar forum. So if you could jsut do it in this kind of format it would be perfect.

Blues - This and that and those.

Jazz -

Metal -

Rock -

categories keep going...


Sorry for being so picky and everything but if someone could do this it would be super helpful to tons of people IMO. Anyway, thanks to whoever does this. Try to make it really in depth.
VoodooChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 03:09 PM   #6
dougefresh
The Original Kramer
 
dougefresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,347
Ovation CS series Acoustics
Also the Applause versions of them

I don't really know if I want the more expensive version of those, but I want to know a little bit about each of them. I've played the Ovation, but I noticed Applause (probably owned by Ovation) has a cheaper model of them. Thanks

Last edited by dougefresh; 04-17-2004 at 09:00 PM.
dougefresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 08:21 PM   #7
Luxor
Against Automation
 
Luxor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,272
I'm thinking about picking up one of the Epiphone G series guitars. It would be much appreciated if someone could do a review on any of the following guitars;

Epiphone G-310
Epiphone G-400 Custom
Luxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 09:15 PM   #8
italic zero
klik
 
italic zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Boston
Posts: 7,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooChild
Ok, I'm wondering if anyone can review some guitar pickups. I just want to know what pickups are good for what kinds of music. When people on the guitar forum say " OH man, I got the EMG 75's and the dimarzios 69's or something" I have no idea what they are saying. Plus I'm sick of the p/u in my guitar so I'm looking for some new ones. Proabably something good for blues and something good for a classic rock sound (Zep,AC/DC, ect). Also, I think this little review/guide could help out a lot of other n00bs so maybe the review could be stickied in the guitar forum. So if you could jsut do it in this kind of format it would be perfect.

Blues - This and that and those.

Jazz -

Metal -

Rock -

categories keep going...


Sorry for being so picky and everything but if someone could do this it would be super helpful to tons of people IMO. Anyway, thanks to whoever does this. Try to make it really in depth.
I can give you the lowdown on Seymour Duncan pickups, but I don't have much experience with EMG or Dimarzio.
italic zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 09:22 PM   #9
Left Face Down
Ibanez Loving Freak
 
Left Face Down's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Kuppuku suru tenka Posts: 69,666
Posts: 13,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by italic zero
I can give you the lowdown on Seymour Duncan pickups, but I don't have much experience with EMG or Dimarzio.
Seeing you are experienced, atleast you know the "lowdown", with SD pickups can you tell me how the 59'/Jazz/Custom Custom/Distortion are.... I am getting a new guitar probably next month and from the SD website I have chosen a Jazz (neck) Custom Custom (bridge) combo (though it was either Jazz/59' neck and CC/Distortion for bridge I would like personal info) or Dimarzio Super 3(neck) Evolution (bridge)... if you know anything about those Dimarzios can some one give me some info about how they actually sound live... seeing no one ever has them in guitars at stores..
Left Face Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 09:27 PM   #10
VoodooChild
Coventry: Last Pharewell
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by italic zero
I can give you the lowdown on Seymour Duncan pickups, but I don't have much experience with EMG or Dimarzio.
Yea, go ahead. It's a good start.
VoodooChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:39 PM   #11
LoveBuzzed
Finally Gave In To The RG
 
LoveBuzzed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,210
Anyone played the Epiphone Zakk Wylde Signature axe?
If so, post a review!!

Thanks.
LoveBuzzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 11:29 AM   #12
artificial infection
Official J-custom Owner
 
artificial infection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 6,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Face Down
Seeing you are experienced, atleast you know the "lowdown", with SD pickups can you tell me how the 59'/Jazz/Custom Custom/Distortion are.... I am getting a new guitar probably next month and from the SD website I have chosen a Jazz (neck) Custom Custom (bridge) combo (though it was either Jazz/59' neck and CC/Distortion for bridge I would like personal info) or Dimarzio Super 3(neck) Evolution (bridge)... if you know anything about those Dimarzios can some one give me some info about how they actually sound live... seeing no one ever has them in guitars at stores..

umm i guess i could do a DiMarzio Humbucker guide
artificial infection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 11:48 AM   #13
guitargirl182
i hate my name
 
guitargirl182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 135
fender deluxe fat strat? my friend says it sucks is this true?
guitargirl182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 07:59 PM   #14
Roin McDink
Registered User
 
Roin McDink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 96
^ i got a fat strat the humbucker it comes with isnt great, its prolly the same on deluxe except the deluxe doesnt have the single coils, i am planning on replacing my humbucker with a better one
Roin McDink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 08:30 PM   #15
Elz`Guitar`
Hunter|Thinker|Fisherman
 
Elz`Guitar`'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 898
Can anyone review an Ibanez RG1570?
Elz`Guitar` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 04:47 PM   #16
LCB Army
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 13
Can someone do a review on the Marshall MF350h?
LCB Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 09:28 PM   #17
Left Face Down
Ibanez Loving Freak
 
Left Face Down's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Kuppuku suru tenka Posts: 69,666
Posts: 13,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elz`Guitar`
Can anyone review an Ibanez RG1570?
I think I can handle that, get it up in a day or two, if any one hasn't already been assigned the job..


Can some one please review atleast one of the below guitars:
Ibanez Talman (the electrics that have been discontinued for like a decade)
Fender Toronado
Gibson The Paul II
Left Face Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 06:39 PM   #18
Lizarrd
Alvoiarkan Cow
 
Lizarrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Arhte
Posts: 530
Can anyone do a review on Bill Lawrence L500-R and L500-L pickups? Thanks.
Lizarrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 07:31 AM   #19
Priority642seat
Registered User
 
Priority642seat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 40
can some one give me a review of the Edwards E-CL-90I please?
Priority642seat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 11:44 PM   #20
metallicafan501
beats any sign. guitar!
 
metallicafan501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: ??????????? um????????????
Posts: 162
can anyone review a KH-202 Kirk Hammett Signature, KH-602 Kirk Hammett Signature, Dave Mustaine Signature DV8-R,or EX-400. all are LTDs

and could someone also review the Gibson Explorer '76 or X-plorer Pro
metallicafan501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 03:11 PM   #21
SomnusLupus
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 3
Could Someone give me a review of the Takamine LTD 2004, I've heard nothing but praise for it, and I played it (it sounds amazing), but if I shell out 1600, I'm going to be dead broke, so I want to make sure that this is the best possible freaking acoustic/electric (or plain acoustic) for the price.
SomnusLupus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 11:30 PM   #22
Blood of Fury
Bass Junkie
 
Blood of Fury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: San Diego
Posts: 649
I'd be interested in reading a review on Hiwatt guitar amps.
Blood of Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 12:01 AM   #23
ManWhoSoldTheWorld
ThrowbackTragedy
 
ManWhoSoldTheWorld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Middletown,Delaware
Posts: 165
I'd like to see a review on the Epiphone Les Paul Custom, I'm pretty sure I'll be getting one soon, but I'd like to know what people think of it.
ManWhoSoldTheWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 07:16 AM   #24
Westone
Registered User
 
Westone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 105
could someone please review piezo pickups? or more specifically the guitars that peavy or schecter make that come with them built in
Westone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 08:16 AM   #25
markobob
Ummm.....
 
markobob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: England
Posts: 389
Someone do a review on the "Ibanez RG2550EX" please?
markobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 02:04 PM   #26
Left Face Down
Ibanez Loving Freak
 
Left Face Down's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Kuppuku suru tenka Posts: 69,666
Posts: 13,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by markobob
Someone do a review on the "Ibanez RG2550EX" please?
You may want to loko at my review over the RG1570, a very similar model... I'm pretty shure it's basicly the same thing with better pickups and a different paint job, or the paint is also on theheadstock not only just on the body...
Left Face Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 10:22 PM   #27
Detuned0
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 7,023
I'd like to see a Peavey XXX Review (the head). Make it in depth too.
Detuned0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 12:27 AM   #28
Left Face Down
Ibanez Loving Freak
 
Left Face Down's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Kuppuku suru tenka Posts: 69,666
Posts: 13,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detuned0
I'd like to see a Peavey XXX Review (the head). Make it in depth too.
I am gonna do one over the Peavey XXX 212 on day.... it's not the head but it is the combo version of that head... I'm sure you can get atleast some info off of it, if not a lot. I'll try to get it up with-in the next 48 hours... I have prom tomorr.... well... tonight (it's 1:37a.m. so tech. it's tonight)... so I may be backtracked a little.. I was gonna actually do it tonight but played guitar for two hours instead...

Is any one gonna do any reviews over the guitars I wanted.... a long time ago... please?????

Here again:
Ibanez Talman (the discontinued Electrics)
Fender Toronado
Gibson The Paul II
Left Face Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 07:37 AM   #29
oxo_cubes
amp up and amplify
 
oxo_cubes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: manchester, england
Posts: 234
Could anyone do a guide/review of £300 ($550ish) guitars, eg-epiphone les pauls, fender strats (the ones that cost £300-if they're any good), ESPs, and anything else there is.
i play metal, rock, and jazz, so i want a sort of all rounder, and i have an MG100dfx.

thanks
oxo_cubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 10:50 AM   #30
Detuned0
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 7,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Face Down
I am gonna do one over the Peavey XXX 212 on day.... it's not the head but it is the combo version of that head... I'm sure you can get atleast some info off of it, if not a lot. I'll try to get it up with-in the next 48 hours... I have prom tomorr.... well... tonight (it's 1:37a.m. so tech. it's tonight)... so I may be backtracked a little.. I was gonna actually do it tonight but played guitar for two hours instead...
Alright sweet deal.
Detuned0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:47 AM.