Old Yesterday, 01:29 PM   #46891
fish.
rgesiterrred usr

pardew's fat head caused a quantum loop
fish. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:57 PM   #46892
2muchket!
mx chubstep enthusiast

David 'the difference' Nugent and Esteban Cambiasso scoring for the same team in a 5-3 comeback against Man Utd. I bloody love you premier league football, I slate you, but I blood love ya petal.
2muchket! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:08 PM   #46893
2muchket!
mx chubstep enthusiast

Also PQ your man Rojo looked good today. Very much the world class centre ba- nah cannot even finish that sentence. Got absolutely dickslapped by Vardy today.
Old Yesterday, 02:13 PM   #46894
poorquality
O_o

Hours later and I'm still vexed that RVP was allowed to play the full 90.

We sacrificed balance in the midfield to accommodate 3 strikers, one of which has been useless this season, and who do we sacrifice? 8 goals in 10 games Juan Mata. We complained last season at the lack of goals from midfield and then drop the guy fixing that.

But the subs, it was the subs that really worried me, Di Maria, our best player & most creative outlet was taken off first, then Falcao taken off. How did RVP complete the game ahead of these two??? This better not turn into some Dutch lovefest - LVG has to be able to drop a player if they're not playing well regardless if they're your mate.

EDIT: Well Rojo played at left back so I'm not surprised he didn't live up to your CB expectations today.

He'll be forced to play CB next weekend though so we'll see.
poorquality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:16 PM   #46895
Firecracker
bVI Ic V7 I

nothing beats the prem.
motd2 is number 1 on my priorities list for the next 24 hours.
Firecracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:36 PM   #46896
2muchket!
mx chubstep enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorquality View Post
Hours later and I'm still vexed that RVP was allowed to play the full 90.

We sacrificed balance in the midfield to accommodate 3 strikers, one of which has been useless this season, and who do we sacrifice? 8 goals in 10 games Juan Mata. We complained last season at the lack of goals from midfield and then drop the guy fixing that.

But the subs, it was the subs that really worried me, Di Maria, our best player & most creative outlet was taken off first, then Falcao taken off. How did RVP complete the game ahead of these two??? This better not turn into some Dutch lovefest - LVG has to be able to drop a player if they're not playing well regardless if they're your mate.

EDIT: Well Rojo played at left back so I'm not surprised he didn't live up to your CB expectations today.

He'll be forced to play CB next weekend though so we'll see.
I have no animosity towards Man Utd, heaviily dislike RVP and couldn't love El Tigre much more. Rooneys there to do the donkey work as the second striker. RVP should be benched for the next game.

Thing that's got to be worrying for United fans is that comparatively the start you's have had has been well, easy. If this is how you defend against Swansea and Leicester, Sergio Aguero and Diego Costa are gonna have a field day.

All credit to Leicester though. This is how you keep up a team up, get your players working hard, tactically Pearson got it spot on. Switched from 4-4-2 to 4-3-3, outnumber Man utd in midfield and let Vardy's pace and physical presence of Ulloa harangue Man Utd's defence, Nugent's approach work is underrated as well. Allowed them also to play an ancient Cambiasso in midfield without being a passenger too.

If Harry Redknapp had done this the previous week he'd be the next fucking coming of Arrigo Sachhi. The level of criticism that he's immune to is incredible, tactically lacking, spends stupidly (and the complains he's not made enough signings) ridiculous.

Last edited by 2muchket!; Yesterday at 02:46 PM.
Old Yesterday, 03:06 PM   #46897
Surf
SERF

fight between zabaleta and costa was great, two blokes under thirty who both look 50+

astonished that tyler blackett has lasted this long and i'm still convinced he's a football manager regen. can't blind play centre back?
Surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:10 PM   #46898
poorquality
O_o

I'm petrified of playing Chelsea in a few weeks time. Written it off already, anything less than a 4 goal winning margin I'll bitterly swallow.

Blackett is in because we have nobody else. As far as I know Blind can play Wing back or midfield, it'll be Smalling & Rojo vs West Ham with Shaw out left which hopefully will be an improvement, but if he insists on taking a midfielder out to play 3 strikers again we're in trouble.
Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM   #46899
Surf
SERF

heh i thought i'd seen talk of blind at cb, but that might have been when it was a back three. heard somewhere evans left the ground on crutches. we've only actually got six defenders, so i can feel your pain.

still, there's always this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBUGNBiAcnI
Old Yesterday, 03:44 PM   #46900
Surf
SERF

Paul konchesky kissing the camera > the real world
Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM   #46901
Firecracker
bVI Ic V7 I

i never thought gaslight anthem would be banging footy music?!
Firecracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:14 PM   #46902
DaveyBoy
DownUnder Wonder

"So Giggsy, I looked away for a moment... Are we still winning"?

DaveyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:41 PM   #46903
Against All Authority
mk ix

i can't look giggsy, whats happening?

Against All Authority is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:37 AM   #46904
Pastorius
BEAT KIDS

fucking hell united

they are in absolute free fall and there is no denying it
Pastorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:21 AM   #46905
Against All Authority
mk ix

typical scouse pasta

united didn't have anywhere to fall from

3 defeats in 5 games for last seasons runner up

now thats free fall
Old Today, 03:52 AM   #46906
Pastorius
BEAT KIDS

united continue to free fall since fergie fucked off, don't know why it has to be limited to this season

now our temporary dip in form, that's not free fall, that's just turbulence
Old Today, 04:37 AM   #46907
Against All Authority
mk ix

i know mate. united continue to be fucked. i can't imagine the training ground exercises being anymore that attack against attack with the defenders watching on from the "introduction to basic team communications and how to be a man" course classroom

that said, you have to think that the current turbulence at anfield runs a little deeper. like they don't seem to have any options in midfield, no pace, no creativity, nothing. and without the threat of suarez or sturridge even, opposition can afford to pressurise gerard all the time. they look a little like spurs did after spending all of bale's fee and more on good squad players but nothing world class. athough there is some hope with balotelli, sturridge and sterling up front.
Old Today, 10:32 AM   #46908
poorquality
O_o

I would like to get through a few games without losing centre halves though. While not the greatest in the league, I think we'd be much better off with Jones marshalling at the back.

Also Carrick, you lovely, gifted individual, only when you're cripped do people realise what a fantastic job you do in front of the back four, we need him back almost as badly as our defenders.

Also, we need to stop sacrificing a midfielder to play 3 strikers because one is new, one is branded undroppable and one is your best mate (yes I'm not over this). Rooney and Falcao in front of the midfield diamond that looked untouchable last week, we fucked with that for RVP and were overrun by Leicester ffs.
Old Today, 10:38 AM   #46909
Pastorius
BEAT KIDS

carrick

gifted

carrick

gifted
Old Today, 10:39 AM   #46910
poorquality
O_o

I know it seems shocking, but results speak for themselves, we're far more solid with him in front of the defence, of course, it could be worse, we could have Gerrard attempting the role.

Also why is Mata apologising for the result, the game was gone by the time he came on. LVG should apologise for not starting the best available XI.

Last edited by poorquality; Today at 10:42 AM.
Old Today, 02:10 PM   #46911
2muchket!
mx chubstep enthusiast

Van Gaal should apologise for looking like Pauline Quirk in drag. Or just get his testes out in training again. That was fun.
Old Today, 02:13 PM   #46912
Ando!
classic ando

my favorite component to that story:

Quote:
Mark van Bommel says the players burst out laughing and that “it certainly didn’t have the effect van Gaal intended.”
Ando! is offline   Reply With Quote