Old Yesterday, 03:56 PM   #46651
Against All Authority
mk ix

ah, ye of little faith

pq, it amazes me that we still haven't filled the gap of the strong dominant controlling midfielder. without a leader at the back then it must come from midfield. surely with vidic, ferdinand and evra gone it should be the priority. getting di maria is a luxury in the absence of filling that spot. or will someone step up?
Against All Authority is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:21 PM   #46652
poorquality
O_o

We're gonna have to overpay for players now because we can't offer anything else at the moment and other clubs know we're a bit desperate.

We've needed a dominant, controlling midfielder for a few years now, we've hidden some flaws with the quality of defence we have had in the past few years but now we're being found out. We need a player like Hummels or Vidal who can be a leader on the pitch, both however seem unavailable, but I'm hoping and praying we've got something up our sleeves before Sunday as I don't think we have anyone who can step up.

Herrera is our new tough tackling midfielder, but he's not a leader, di Maria is a creative luxury and will make a massive difference, but I don't think he's the player to drive us forward on a motivational level if things continue to go wrong.

At the moment we have to take what we can get, and be thankful that players like Herrera, Shaw and di Maria chose to come to United when Reus and Muller both rejected us.

Also, Arsenal were so lucky, could've been down to 10 men and conceded a penalty. Wilshere had his best game in a long time.

Last edited by poorquality; Yesterday at 04:23 PM.
poorquality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:30 PM   #46653
Against All Authority
mk ix

i guess the end of the window will dictate everything now.

champs league draw tomorrow. four teams. city are up for it. chelsea will be too. i'd worry for arsenal. not sure they have enough in the middle although ramsey will make a huge difference to them when he plays. they are so good at the back too. liverpool will struggle. they were poor against city and really lack any class up front now unless mario does something.
Old Yesterday, 04:36 PM   #46654
Dave de Sylvia
Administrator
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchket! View Post
Rojo at centre back is going to continue the Man Utd lol train.
Rojo is the ultimate panic buy, a player nobody wanted to buy whose club knew they could get ridiculous money for. It's Torben Pieknick territory. Bringing in Blind, who is going to be a terrific player, will complete the farce: three left backs brought in while the glaring problem at centre half is ignored.

Van Gaal has ingeniously decided that what a team who have no proper centre halves needs is to adopt a formation with three of them.

Was anyone watching the Ludogorets game? Centre half goes in goal for the shootout and saves two penalties to send them through. Madness.

"Hey, if you put one guitaristís head on one side of a coin and the other guitaristís head on the other side of the coin, you would have a double-sided coin!"
Dave de Sylvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:50 PM   #46655
Against All Authority
mk ix

hello dave

didn't see it but read something. sounds mad

not sure what to make of manu. so many people with what sound like so many well informed views. i've watched them a few times and fact is that they aren't even moving with any real purpose and look like they are afraid to move the ball with any pace.

is lvg the man to bring it around or have we just spent 200 million going nowhere in the last 8 months?
Old Yesterday, 06:19 PM   #46656
DaveyBoy
DownUnder Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave de Sylvia View Post
Rojo is the ultimate panic buy, a player nobody wanted to buy whose club knew they could get ridiculous money for.
Not quite true, as Saints put in a bid for him that got rejected.
DaveyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote