Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
Old 10-30-2013, 09:09 AM   #7441
30157469432066
mx platinum
 
30157469432066's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,777
classical thump
30157469432066 is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 09:09 AM   #7442
Against All Authority
mk ix
 
Against All Authority's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: from out of town, flew in for the convention
Posts: 12,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarded_chuck View Post
agnosticism is the only sound belief system

you have failed to support this for 3 days now. don't you think its time you worried about the impending blizzard and wrap for winter instead of bothering your poor little brain with world issues?
Against All Authority is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 09:10 AM   #7443
30157469432066
mx platinum
 
30157469432066's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,777
the eugine's trick bag of the bass forum
30157469432066 is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 09:12 AM   #7444
guitarded_chuck
swerve
 
guitarded_chuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Halifax, Canada
Posts: 23,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by RouteOne View Post
idk man you're a liberal




take that
as if liberalism isn't sound at a fundamental level

as if

for the record i'm not sure liberalism is the ideal regardless
guitarded_chuck is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 09:13 AM   #7445
guitarded_chuck
swerve
 
guitarded_chuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Halifax, Canada
Posts: 23,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Against All Authority View Post
you have failed to support this for 3 days now. don't you think its time you worried about the impending blizzard and wrap for winter instead of bothering your poor little brain with world issues?
i said the universe is too complex for humans to be able to say concretely that we understand all laws that govern it

this implies agnosticism

it does not imply that i put any faith in the possibility of any of the world's religions being based on fact

are we good bro
guitarded_chuck is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 09:15 AM   #7446
Sanders
"That goddamn bitch..."
Moderator
 
Sanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 10,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30157469432066 View Post
classical thump
ha love a bit of wooten, but it's not what I'd call medium difficulty
Sanders is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 09:24 AM   #7447
Against All Authority
mk ix
 
Against All Authority's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: from out of town, flew in for the convention
Posts: 12,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarded_chuck View Post
i said the universe is too complex for humans to be able to say concretely that we understand all laws that govern it

this implies agnosticism

it does not imply that i put any faith in the possibility of any of the world's religions being based on fact

are we good bro

the problem is local, not universal. your wishy washy fence sitting indecisiveness does not deny the existence of the local deities and so you enable religious people and their actions. there is blood on your hands bro.
Against All Authority is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 09:26 AM   #7448
Black Ink
Dancing since 08/03
Supermod
 
Black Ink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Shelton, CT
Posts: 36,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Against All Authority View Post
you enable religious people and their actions.
Damn it Chuck. How many soup kitchens and homes built for the poor are you going to allow?
Black Ink is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #7449
guitarded_chuck
swerve
 
guitarded_chuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Halifax, Canada
Posts: 23,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Against All Authority View Post
the problem is local, not universal. your wishy washy fence sitting indecisiveness does not deny the existence of the local deities and so you enable religious people and their actions. there is blood on your hands bro.
nah dude there's is nothing wishy washy about it

i just denied the world's religions above

where we differ - i think that we have bigger issues than world religion in which people should be banding together to fight against at this time

unsustainability, in a word, and the consequences thereof, is much more immediately pressing than trying to convice ms jane doe three houses down the street that in fact the universe is aged in terms of billions not thousands
guitarded_chuck is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 09:34 AM   #7450
fingers mccoy
LOL sorry hun
 
fingers mccoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: it's a status cymbal at this point
Posts: 23,753
man suspect device is the weirdest dude
fingers mccoy is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #7451
Sanders
"That goddamn bitch..."
Moderator
 
Sanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 10,860
you know where these problems are going to be solved?

on a half-dead internet forum
Sanders is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 09:45 AM   #7452
Against All Authority
mk ix
 
Against All Authority's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: from out of town, flew in for the convention
Posts: 12,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarded_chuck View Post
nah dude there's is nothing wishy washy about it

i just denied the world's religions above

where we differ - i think that we have bigger issues than world religion in which people should be banding together to fight against at this time

unsustainability, in a word, and the consequences thereof, is much more immediately pressing than trying to convice ms jane doe three houses down the street that in fact the universe is aged in terms of billions not thousands
why are you trying to convince her? thats not the issue here.

and sure there are bigger issues to resolve for the future. but a lot of them could be solved now if the riches and control were taken from societies that are non secular
Against All Authority is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #7453
Against All Authority
mk ix
 
Against All Authority's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: from out of town, flew in for the convention
Posts: 12,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadinus View Post
AAA I think you're confusing legitimising violence/privilege/power through religion with religious belief.
same thing if you don't denounce. and its a very different case if the state is run by religion such as the house of saud etc
Against All Authority is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 09:52 AM   #7454
fingers mccoy
LOL sorry hun
 
fingers mccoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: it's a status cymbal at this point
Posts: 23,753
so take us through your daily toppling religious power structures routine paddy

does it start with calisthenics or blog maintenance or what
fingers mccoy is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 09:54 AM   #7455
guitarded_chuck
swerve
 
guitarded_chuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Halifax, Canada
Posts: 23,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Against All Authority View Post
why are you trying to convince her? thats not the issue here.

and sure there are bigger issues to resolve for the future. but a lot of them could be solved now if the riches and control were taken from societies that are non secular
i disagree with the approach, is all

and not because i disagree with you, but because it is too polarizing --> ineffective
guitarded_chuck is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 10:03 AM   #7456
Against All Authority
mk ix
 
Against All Authority's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: from out of town, flew in for the convention
Posts: 12,814
oh, right, got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingers mccoy View Post
so take us through your daily toppling religious power structures routine paddy

does it start with calisthenics or blog maintenance or what

i'm purely an atheist.

the world has an issue because of religion. and there are loads of people who could do something about it together. but unlike chuck they won't denounce it. they sit on the fence and enable the atrocities that are carried out or the control that is wielded in the name of religion. and thats wrong.
Against All Authority is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 10:05 AM   #7457
guitarded_chuck
swerve
 
guitarded_chuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Halifax, Canada
Posts: 23,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Against All Authority View Post
and there are loads of people who could do something about it together
yeah and how
guitarded_chuck is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 10:07 AM   #7458
Black Ink
Dancing since 08/03
Supermod
 
Black Ink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Shelton, CT
Posts: 36,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
you know where these problems are going to be solved?

on a half-dead internet forum
Sanders you negative Nancy.

It's half alive.
Black Ink is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 10:11 AM   #7459
fingers mccoy
LOL sorry hun
 
fingers mccoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: it's a status cymbal at this point
Posts: 23,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Against All Authority View Post
i'm purely an atheist.

the world has an issue because of religion. and there are loads of people who could do something about it together. but unlike chuck they won't denounce it. they sit on the fence and enable the atrocities that are carried out or the control that is wielded in the name of religion. and thats wrong.
so you denounce religion by shouting at people who don't really give a fuck

you know what

i think you might be wasting your time
fingers mccoy is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 10:14 AM   #7460
Against All Authority
mk ix
 
Against All Authority's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: from out of town, flew in for the convention
Posts: 12,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarded_chuck View Post
yeah and how
well, you could denounce christianity, judaism and islam for a start. republics could be established with a clear separation of church and state. without the threat of religious defined penalties and retribution o control then people might act in a more civic sense and for the greater good.
Against All Authority is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 10:14 AM   #7461
Against All Authority
mk ix
 
Against All Authority's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: from out of town, flew in for the convention
Posts: 12,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by fingers mccoy View Post
so you denounce religion by shouting at people who don't really give a fuck

you know what

i think you might be wasting your time
who is shouting?

i think you know fuck all
Against All Authority is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 10:16 AM   #7462
30157469432066
mx platinum
 
30157469432066's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,777
there's blood on these hands of mine

blooooood
30157469432066 is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 10:16 AM   #7463
fingers mccoy
LOL sorry hun
 
fingers mccoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: it's a status cymbal at this point
Posts: 23,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Against All Authority View Post
who is shouting?

i think you know fuck all
you are shouting

i just said you were shouting
fingers mccoy is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 10:19 AM   #7464
guitarbaz
Johnny Marrish
 
guitarbaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Location, Location
Posts: 4,601
Fuck's sake.

Whatever happened to talking about boobies.
guitarbaz is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 10:22 AM   #7465
30157469432066
mx platinum
 
30157469432066's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,777
boobs are boring
30157469432066 is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 10:24 AM   #7466
guitarded_chuck
swerve
 
guitarded_chuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Halifax, Canada
Posts: 23,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Against All Authority View Post
well, you could denounce christianity, judaism and islam for a start.
done

Quote:
republics could be established with a clear separation of church and state.
yeah i think there's a bit more work needed in getting from step A to step B here
guitarded_chuck is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 10:24 AM   #7467
guitarbaz
Johnny Marrish
 
guitarbaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Location, Location
Posts: 4,601
ok how about minge
guitarbaz is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 10:25 AM   #7468
30157469432066
mx platinum
 
30157469432066's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,777
have you heard of this little republic called the united states of america
30157469432066 is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 10:25 AM   #7469
30157469432066
mx platinum
 
30157469432066's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarbaz View Post
ok how about minge
i dont know

abstractly its kind of disgusting

like that sound coleslaw makes when you stir it
30157469432066 is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #7470
Against All Authority
mk ix
 
Against All Authority's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: from out of town, flew in for the convention
Posts: 12,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarbaz View Post
Fuck's sake.

Whatever happened to talking about boobies.

all i did was comment on my dislike of agnostics, how they think its some enlightened universal answer while they drink real ale and scratch their chin and don't care about the local earth bound problems it causes. and this happens each time


fingers, who was shouting and where?
Against All Authority is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:37 AM.