Old 03-05-2014, 04:17 PM   #181
geddylee2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillaryClitTounge View Post
"The fact that as brute strength’s necessity dwindled, membership of women increased - "

This is false. Gunpowder and guns wnd countless other inventions made brute strength a no. Necessity, and were invented centuries ago, women still aren't aloud in combat positions in any modern army

I never said I know any of the shootings to be staged, I said it is possible they were, there is a motive, and trusting this admin or the government in general is beyond foolish

And wow amprok you have no sense of humor at all. The point of his story is to show how ridiculous you are being with your bleeding heart about slurs, no one needed to know about your life story, write a rap song or something Jesus
yeah i cant believe my dumbass post (which was admittedly stupid but purposely so) went over his head. actually no it didnt go over his head, he even admitted at the end of his post AFTER typing 10k words of bullshit that he knew i was fucking with him but he just wanted to show off that he majored in, what, black studies or some shit? what a dense turd

im sure he'll call your rap song remark "racist" too. and his r/politics friends will also.

what i got from amprok's post was: i majored in black people, ive been to bad neighborhoods, yo yo yo the struggle is real.
geddylee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:22 PM   #182
geddylee2

Quote:
you look at taxing the wealthy at a higher rate than you'd tax the poor as harmful to the wealthy, but as a rational man, can you not see that this small harm is made up for by the good of giving to the poor? oh you cant? then quit talking out your ass and trying to make shit up about men and women

You are assumin poor people are able to be relieved from poverty with government aid (and on another note your assuming they are worth helpin or deserve helping.)Many poor people are just lazy or would never get ou of poverty no matter how many times you stole to give them a welfare check. Basically the assumption that helping the poor justifies stealing from the rich is a huge unwarranted assumption. Governments proclaiming to do this have historically set up corporate welfare systems where the distributors benefit the most and the poor get a few figurative crumbs.
but its for the greater good if the majority of folks on welfare in the states arent abusing it (which i believe is true, even though you and the other (R)tards dont) then what does it matter if 5-10% are just sittin on their asses?

i realize this is a poor argument but its about the same as your argument on vaccines, which was what i was pointing out. hmm maybe you and amprok should start a band - call yourself the retard brothers
Old 03-06-2014, 04:45 AM   #183
HillaryClitTounge
Hillary Clittongue

frankly its hard to imagine how someone couldn't be abusing welfare, so i doubt the 5-10% number, it's not like its hard to find a job in the USA, i get the feeling that most people on welfare think work is a pain in the ass more than impossible; so no it certainly doesn't justify stealing.
HillaryClitTounge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:13 AM   #184
Ando!
classic ando

Quote:
frankly its hard to imagine how someone couldn't be abusing welfare, so i doubt the 5-10% number, it's not like its hard to find a job in the USA, i get the feeling that most people on welfare think work is a pain in the ass more than impossible; so no it certainly doesn't justify stealing.
hillaryclittoungue, poverty expert
Ando! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:18 AM   #185
NeroCorleone80
Riff Lord

The association with the right is what hurts Libertarianism imo. People just pass them off as "Republicans who smoke weed" and stuff like that, but when you think about it Libertarians have just as much in common with the left, and that should be pointed out more.

That may be because the Republican party has had a lot of Libertarian leaning members, which the Democrats have lacked. I'd like to see some Libertarian Democrats emerge, that may change people's perception of what it is.

Digging: Howlin Wolf - Howlin' Wolf/Moanin' in the Moonlight

Old 03-06-2014, 02:36 PM   #186
HillaryClitTounge
Hillary Clittongue

Quote:
"hillaryclittoungue, poverty expert"
just calling it like i see it. Nothing I said seems to be anything more than common sense.

Quote:
"That may be because the Republican party has had a lot of Libertarian leaning members, which the Democrats have lacked. I'd like to see some Libertarian Democrats emerge, that may change people's perception of what it is.
" agreed, in US politics everything should start by being constitutional, everyone can agree on living by a defined rule of law - the rest of the issues can then be debated upon, but as it is know our government is not much more than mob rule.

For example its not that Libertarians are against all forms of welfare, they just see them being done unconstitutionally and ineffectively at the national level. It's really frustrating to be labled a "rich republican who smokes weed and doesn't care about anyone but themselves" for having a view as rational as this.

Last edited by HillaryClitTounge; 03-06-2014 at 02:44 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:37 PM   #187
Smokey D

common sense is nothing but the collection of prejudices a person forms before they turn 18.
Smokey D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:50 PM   #188
HillaryClitTounge
Hillary Clittongue

yeah i am really prejudiced for thinking people can work but don't when I see people begging for money in front of a help wanted sign in a country that pays you more than about half the rest of the world's salary for flipping burgers.

I really don't see how it is justifiable to steal from working people to pay for people who don't want to work. If you are disabled and can't work, that's another thing, but having kids shouldn't be a justification to steal money.

If you aren't disabled and aren't working 70 hours a week you really have some nerve to use the government to extort people. 'work is hard' no shit, no one wants to work, especially not to pay someone else with the money they worked for.

Last edited by HillaryClitTounge; 03-06-2014 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:00 PM   #189
Smokey D

sigh
Old 03-06-2014, 03:07 PM   #190
HillaryClitTounge
Hillary Clittongue

Yes sigh because you have no answer for what I just said IE "I really don't see how it is justifiable to steal from working people to pay for people who don't want to work. If you are disabled and can't work, that's another thing, but having kids shouldn't be a justification to steal money.
" and need to pretend to take the moral high ground to defend an entirely irrational and unjust policy.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:09 PM   #191
Smokey D

sigh because i was riffing off a very famous quote and you didn't get it.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:14 PM   #192
HillaryClitTounge
Hillary Clittongue

no I knew it was an Einstein quote, although i did have to google it to remember, that doesn't make the point any more valid though
Old 03-06-2014, 03:26 PM   #193
Smokey D

i can't be bothered disputing the substance of your point at the moment. but calling something "common sense" is usually a pretty good indicator it hasn't been well thought out. that's all i was saying.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:53 PM   #194
HillaryClitTounge
Hillary Clittongue

maybe a better word would have been it is: evident, obvious, self-apparent, or undeniable.

I'd like to see any of you insulting me for being against the status quo welfare state produce some evidence that shows most people on welfare aren't able to work and/or explain how it is justifiable to steal from people who work to give to people who do not want to work.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:58 PM   #195
Smokey D

http://www.amazon.com/A-Theory-Justice-John-Rawls/dp/0674000781

(although that doesn't necessarily support welfare as it is currently imlemented).

A Theory of Justice was the work that prompted Nozick to write Anarchy State and Utopia. Nozick basically said unless you can rebut Theory, you must become a Rawlsian. If you're genuinely interested in this sort of stuff and have some spare time, you should read it (if you haven't already).

Last edited by Smokey D; 03-06-2014 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:15 PM   #196
HillaryClitTounge
Hillary Clittongue

I'll consider it in the future if I remember or it comes up again but I have a lot of stuff i'm trying to read right now. So is the basis of the book, somewhat, that if people were ignorant about their relative stature in society they would vote to benefit the the disadvantaged?

@Amprok Do you know krs-one?[2]
Old 03-08-2014, 02:34 PM   #197
anthony
California!

Quote:

@Amprok Do you know krs-one?[2]

If You mean personally, of course not.

If you mean in general like his music, yeah for sure. Actually were using one of his songs in this video were producing for an awesome non profit.
anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:07 PM   #198
Smokey D

Quote:
I'll consider it in the future if I remember or it comes up again but I have a lot of stuff i'm trying to read right now. So is the basis of the book, somewhat, that if people were ignorant about their relative stature in society they would vote to benefit the the disadvantaged?
That's a very rough approximation but yes. Rawls is basically the philosophical grandpappy of modern liberalism. If you want to know why modern liberals think like they do (or at least what they say about why they think like they do), you have to read Theory.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:56 PM   #199
HillaryClitTounge
Hillary Clittongue

KRS-One is my favorite artist other than maybe Pink Floyd.
Is the song in the video Self Destruction?

I'd read that book but its kinda expensive at 15 bucks. I'm concerned from reading some negative reviews that the author believes in human nature involving altruism without offering evidence to this point (which is a philosophy that I disagree with entirely- seeing all humans as guided virtually entirely by a survival instinct that amounts to complete selfishness).

I might check out some of his other stuff available at my library first.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:01 PM   #200
anthony
California!

Quote:
KRS-One is my favorite artist other than maybe Pink Floyd.
Is the song in the video Self Destruction?

Thats a damn good song. But no, we're using Step into a World, Rapture's Delight.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC-i7XeXqg0
You should post in the hiphop thread.
anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:08 PM   #201
Ando!
classic ando

krs is sofackin lame
Ando! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:01 PM   #202
geddylee2

he says his fav band is floyd and calls MY band dinosaur rock! well at least we havent written a bunch of albums about the hard life of being a famous rock star
Old 03-13-2014, 06:03 PM   #203
geddylee2

make no mistake though, i love floyd and have since the 70s
Old 03-13-2014, 06:04 PM   #204
geddylee2

of course hct youre just making yourself look more and more like r/music