Old 10-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #1
Peacelog
1post can make difference

Anime Thread 2.0

Post anime you really really enjoyed watching.

Cowboy Bebop - Great pacing, it lacks everything you might dislike about japanese animation

Baccano! - interesting chaotic story, with lots of characters, realistic, with just the right amount of mysticism and a great knife fight scene.lol

Welcome to NHK - someparts it gets a bit too corny, but overall it is a very insightful view into paranoid/avoidant/social anxiety disorder. Japanese quirkiness adds to it and helps to get deeper into it, something a holywood movie couldnt do.

Original Full Metal Alchemist - i think it is a very good essay about genetics and what is fairplay on humans experiments.

Ergo Proxy - Sci-fi, with strong philosophical stuff, what i liked the most was the journey and the little things and questions that arise along the way, when the show gets overtly philosophical is where it fails, but it does it very briefly in the final episode.

Samurai Champloo - the end of samurai era, japanese history, with some myths along the way and arranged in different short stories much like cowboy bebop. Very good animation.

5 Centimeters per Second - beautiful scenes, this a 3 episode anime, or one film with 3 parts, there arent many developments in any of those 3 parts, but every scene is so well crafted, the way it is delivered feels like you are there experiencing it,very rare for an anime.
It is peacefully well paced, like a modern take on romeo and juliet in 3 acts, it gets emotional just in the rights spots, the end of this show made me feel like one of those autumn days where life is simple and melancholic and there is something worth to live for you just dont know what. And i say again nothing happens at all in this anime.

There are a few more animes i enjoyed thoroughly, i will post when i remember them.
Peacelog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #2
SugarCoatedSour
Numba 1 fukki

Checkout "Neo Ranga". It is produced by ADV (NeonGenesis and many others) and has an interesting premise that carries the show.
SugarCoatedSour is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:11 AM   #3
The3013thVermicide
Banned

Claymore, Yu Yu Hakusho, Monster and Lupin 3 kickass too.
The3013thVermicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #4
Mister Twister
Yumpus

Steins;Gate was fun. Now and Then, Here and There is beautiful, but in a way that you can only watch it once, it's too heavy.

Digging: Rorschach - Protestant

Old 10-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #5
MrMadman

Most if not all anime has an extremely perverted sense of humor. I can't watch it at all anymore.

That said GTO was great

Cowboy bebop is probably the only thing i can re watch. Fun show and rises above the genre.
MrMadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:22 PM   #6
Peacelog
1post can make difference

i get you mrmad. I am watching fewer and fewer animes for my own good.
Peacelog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:31 PM   #7
CWE
mx newbie

I just finished up Attack on Titan. Very good show. I'm halfway through Sword Art Online. It takes a bit for the show to pick up. When it does, it does.
CWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:49 PM   #8
The Laughing Man
Your move, creep!

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
The Laughing Man is offline   Reply With Quote