Old 01-24-2013, 12:56 AM   #1
1338 h4x0r
Banned

Women may now officially be combatants in the US military ... HUZZAH!

http://www.aclu.org/blog/womens-rights/women-warriors-are-battlefield-eliminate-outdated-unfair-military-combat

now all we need to do is amend the Selective Service so that they have to register when they turn 18 and we're EQUAL
1338 h4x0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:46 AM   #2
JizzInMyPants

I mean, I don't know much about the military but isn't frontline stuff like...optional? If they don't want to be on the frontlines then don't put them on the frontlines, if a woman wants to be in the frontlines then all the power to them, got more guts than me I'll tell them that.

If they are going to force women to be on the frontlines than thats where I would see a problem.
JizzInMyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:55 AM   #3
Iscariot
Team Edward

It's optional to the extent that you can choose an MOS that isn't combat specific, but in a hostile theater you can be redirected at the discretion of your C/O. A surprising number of female soldiers in the Afghan war saw combat regardless of official policy due to the absence of a definable front line
Iscariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:56 AM   #4
Trebor.
Licensed To Wag

Please reinstate don't ask don't tell so if there's a draft I can just pretend to be gay

Digging: The Hotelier - Home, Like NoPlace Is There

Old 01-24-2013, 10:26 AM   #5
RouteOne
67 inches of krieg

old sub-mariner's saying since they let women serve on subs

"110 people go down, 111 come up"

Of course this is a dumb idea and it will lead to more problems but odds are not a lot of women will go for front line stuff. My father who was in the military for 25 years was responsible for promoting a lot of people in the 90s and he said that women were nothing but problems and everyone had to walk on eggshells around them and men would fight over them.

Last edited by RouteOne; 01-24-2013 at 10:32 AM.
RouteOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:50 PM   #6
RouteOne
67 inches of krieg

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?7633-A-woman-goes-to-war-in-a-man-s-world

http://www.mca-marines.org/gazette/article/get-over-it-we-are-not-all-created-equal
Old 01-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #7
Iscariot
Team Edward

Sounds like your father is incredibly sexist. If they can shoot straight and carry a fellow soldier out of the line of fire then let them fight. Women have had as historically significant a role in combat as men.

I bet more people are familiar with the name Joan of Arc than General Patreus.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:56 PM   #8
Smokey D

israel seems to cope.
Smokey D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:07 PM   #9
Iscariot
Team Edward

Sparta as well. Spartan women were held to the same physical fitness and combat standards as the men.

The Scythian kingdom also employed equal male/female warrior roles.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:25 PM   #10
HillaryClitTounge
Hillary Clittongue

Quote:
Sparta as well. Spartan women were held to the same physical fitness and combat standards as the men.
Absolute bullshit.
HillaryClitTounge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:26 PM   #11
HillaryClitTounge
Hillary Clittongue

Quote:
Women have had as historically significant a role in combat as men.
are you serious? that is actually the most absurd thing I have ever heard...
HillaryClitTounge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #12
Iscariot
Team Edward

Yeah, no. Spartan women were not only allowed an education, the right to own land, and the right to control independent finances, but during their adolescent years they were required to undergo the same physical trials as their male counterparts. Wrestling, javelin, and other stereotypical male events of the period were a part of every Spartan female's development.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #13
Iscariot
Team Edward

Also that's the worst fucking gimmick account I've ever seen, and that's coming from the guy who used to post as Adolf Hitler.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:45 PM   #14
Smokey D

The historical role women played in the military is more or less irrelevant to the issue of whether they can serve effectively in combat roles in the modern military.

Theoretically, I guess there might be issues of physical capacity in certain roles but provided the military doesn't set double standards and selects on ability to do the job required, it shouldn't be a problem. I couldn't physically cope with the physical requirements of a lot of jobs in the military, which goes for a lot of men.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #15
Iscariot
Team Edward

It's relevant to the point that "they can" perform the roles and that there's no unbiased rational argument to the contrary that would effectively disqualify all women from combat duties.

Combat was a lot more strenuous before you could pop someone's skull from a mile and a half away, so I think any determined woman today could do just fine.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #16
Smokey D

Quote:
It's relevant to the point that "they can" perform the roles and that there's no unbiased rational argument to the contrary that would effectively disqualify all women from combat duties.
What I should say is that their exclusion from combat roles is not good evidence that they are incapable of serving in combat roles.

Quote:
Combat was a lot more strenuous before you could pop someone's skull from a mile and a half away, so I think any determined woman today could do just fine.
But don't you get it? They'll have their periods and get all emotional and probably start shooting up their own units.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:01 PM   #17
Iscariot
Team Edward

Don't forget that the male soldiers won't be able to keep themselves from raping them but it's all the woman's fault because she went out of her way to look extra sexy in 160 lbs of combat gear and ten layers of dirt, grime, and blood.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:06 PM   #18
RouteOne
67 inches of krieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iscariot View Post
Sounds like your father is incredibly sexist. If they can shoot straight and carry a fellow soldier out of the line of fire then let them fight. Women have had as historically significant a role in combat as men.

I bet more people are familiar with the name Joan of Arc than General Patreus.
lmao you're lying straight through your teeth this is garbage
Old 01-24-2013, 04:09 PM   #19
RouteOne
67 inches of krieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey D View Post
israel seems to cope.
oh sure, they can operate weapons and shoot well but they're frames aren't cut out for boot slogging.

PS Israel does it out of desperation as did the Soviets

Last edited by RouteOne; 01-24-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:09 PM   #20
Smokey D

Quote:
oh sure, they can operate weapons and shoot well but they're frames aren't cut out for boot slogging.
that's true of lots of men and not true of at least some women.

but of course, if israel is known for anything, it's how badly its military works.

Quote:
as if why they did it matters at all.

Last edited by Smokey D; 01-24-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:25 PM   #21
JizzInMyPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by RouteOne View Post

Ya I don't see the point you are trying to make.

If the woman can past the tests (physical, decision making, marksmenship, whatever else is need to be on the frontlines) Then let her be on the frontlines. Is there some magical property that EVERY woman that makes her not fit enough to do her job effectively as a man? Sure men on average are stronger, faster than a woman but that shouldn't be factored in whether they are fit enough to fight on the front.

If anything I would be worried about the men on the frontlines, if they do something sexually aggrevated/discriminatory towards women in the frontline then we need to iron that out.

Also if they lower the quality of the tests or make two different tests for the man and woman then that is where I would have a problem.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #22
RouteOne
67 inches of krieg

Quote:
Yeah, no. Spartan women were not only allowed an education, the right to own land, and the right to control independent finances, but during their adolescent years they were required to undergo the same physical trials as their male counterparts. Wrestling, javelin, and other stereotypical male events of the period were a part of every Spartan female's development.
gee wonder who was better at it

hey man, some chicks could wrestle and swing a sword around pretty well several thousand years ago!!

Honestly, put a unit of Spartan men against twice the number of trained Spartan women. See what would happen.

Last edited by RouteOne; 01-24-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #23
RouteOne
67 inches of krieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JizzInMyPants View Post
Ya I don't see the point you are trying to make.

If the woman can past the tests (physical, decision making, marksmenship, whatever else is need to be on the frontlines) Then let her be on the frontlines. Is there some magical property that EVERY woman that makes her not fit enough to do her job effectively as a man? Sure men on average are stronger, faster than a woman but that shouldn't be factored in whether they are fit enough to fight on the front.

If anything I would be worried about the men on the frontlines, if they do something sexually aggrevated/discriminatory towards women in the frontline then we need to iron that out.

Also if they lower the quality of the tests or make two different tests for the man and woman then that is where I would have a problem.
lmao yes it should

I'm in la la land here I swear.

oh and yes pregnancies, rapes and sexual assault will increase. another reason why they shouldn't be let in in order to avoid the problem completely and navigate away from fights over women.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #24
JizzInMyPants

Why should it matter? if they can past the test, they are fit enough to fight on the frontlines.

If you had a infantry man that was inferior in every way to a infantry woman, you would rather have the man by your side?
Old 01-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #25
RouteOne
67 inches of krieg

it does not matter if they can pass the physical standards, you change the whole dynamic of the unit by placing a sexual object in it.

she WILL be the weakest link in the chain. no exceptions.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #26
Iscariot
Team Edward

Well that clears it up. Ron sees women as nothing but sexual objects. No need to continue speaking to him.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #27
RouteOne
67 inches of krieg

Quote:
Well that clears it up. Ron sees women as nothing but sexual objects. No need to continue speaking to him.
No, I don't. But in a what basically is a frat house with guns? Yes. They will want to fuck her.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:57 PM   #28
JizzInMyPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by RouteOne View Post
it does not matter if they can pass the physical standards, you change the whole dynamic of the unit by placing a sexual object in it.

she WILL be the weakest link in the chain. no exceptions.
what unit?

http://englishrussia.com/2012/03/08/outstanding-soviet-female-snipers-of-wwii/

wow those women sure were the weakest link. Oh a lady got 306 kills? pffft childs play.

Its not going to change it as much as you think.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #29
Iscariot
Team Edward

In my experience it was nothing like a frat house with guns. There was hazing and horsing around, sure, but the women gave it as good as they got it. The only guy out of a company of 85 that ever tried anything got his wrist broken by the girl he was harassing.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #30
RouteOne
67 inches of krieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JizzInMyPants View Post
what unit?

http://englishrussia.com/2012/03/08/outstanding-soviet-female-snipers-of-wwii/

wow those women sure were the weakest link. Oh a lady got 306 kills? pffft childs play.

Its not going to change it as much as you think.
never take soviet sniper kills seriously. all WW2 historians will tell you this.

oh and most female units the soviets had got wiped out to the woman in many situations