Old 09-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #1
jakeonaut
mx newbie

Very specific tastes, Having trouble finding Music :(

Hello all! I'm looking for new music recommendations. My ears are restless.

Favorite artists include: Gold Panda (Lucky Shiner and Companion), Air France (No Way Down and On Trade Winds), Washed Out (Life of Leisure), Fol Chen

Some other artists I like a couple of songs from: Purity Ring, Crystal Castles, Neon Indian, Computer Magic.

Generally I like things that have a relaxed feel but are still upbeat (if they aren't I get bored). Sounds that are soothing, nostalgic, or dream like. Sounds that either flow together like liquid or are very seperated and disjoint. That's the best way I can think of how to describe it

I would greatly appreciate any recs and you will have my love until the end of time. And I will grant you one wish. And a kiss. Okay goodbye.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:13 PM   #2
TheHoggle
mx newbie

I would suggest the following:

Porcelain Raft - Strange Weekend
Julia Holter - Ekstasis
I Break Horses - Hearts

Enjoy!
Old 10-05-2012, 06:38 AM   #3
Stapler
drowning in pudding

I would suggest~
Chapelier Fou - Protest
Virtual Boy - Mass
Old 10-08-2012, 04:25 AM   #4
Chaos
_Final Limit Break_

Oh shit.

check out

Tycho - A Walk
Little People - Moon
Baths - Lovely Bloodflow

Anything by Boards of Canada, I mean literally anything Boards of Canada has created. you can expect anything off of Tycho's Dive to be amazing.

There are a couple of versions of this song and I am way more partial to this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrCWpNpVh0U

these might not be exactly what you're looking for but they're different and neat.

Starfucker - Rawnald Gregory Erickson the Second

and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exm8bKidg4Y

I've been digging a lot of Little Dragon and Tame Impala as of late, they're amazing.

It's important to try and not have expectations when you listen to any of this stuff, I learned the hard way that it's sort of pointless to try and find musicians who sound like other musicians.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #5
kevinweeks
mx newbie

Relaxed but still upbeat? Try Youth Lagoon, M83, or I Break Horses.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:36 AM   #6
muspower
mx newbie

Yup all of the suggestions are awesome, it seems all of us swims in the same pond, here goes mine.
You should definitely like Nosaj Thing "Eclipse/Blue" I just love it.
Try Little Dragon, Blood Orange, Vondelpark. (Part 1)
Old 12-21-2012, 09:37 AM   #7
muspower
mx newbie

The Golden Filter, CÚzaire, Flight Facilities, Lemaitre, Labyrinth Ear, Underset (try their song Gonza), Neus (actually not you taste but their " Enjoy Your Life" is quite attractive to me), Phantogram, Washed Out, Boards of Canada, Shlohmo, Marble Sounds, Ta-Ku, Kollektiv Turmstrasse, Phaeleh,
Moshic, Cafe Del Mar, Late - Losing You, Feint, Sigma, Asa, Sysyphe, Lamb, Altair. (Part 2)
Old 12-21-2012, 09:37 AM   #8
muspower
mx newbie

Mogwai, Hammock, Bonobo (Love it, totally), Gusgus, Ratatat, Tricky, maybe Burial and massive attack. Of course, maybe most of them could be not even your taste, or bring new sounds to your ears, but you should search tru them thoroughly, there are very nice songs there, I guarantee.