Old 08-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
Lord Lav

The Muppets Are Communists!

I tend to get annoyed by assumptions that all rich people, businesses and corporations are bad but I do think you can take it too far. This is article below is funny to me lol;

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/odd/news/a355330/the-muppets-accused-of-peddling-communist-propaganda.html
Lord Lav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
suspect device
mk viii

its not really that lol. its actually very concerning because of the real mass mind control that is being exerted on kids today, especially american kids. we are unlucky enough to speak the same lingo and so all the crap brainwashing programming is sent straight over.
suspect device is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:34 PM   #3
Lord Lav

I will say that I love a lot of American shows but American TV as a rule really comes across to me, as if it assumes people are stupid..... The relentless blasting of adverts every 5mins and so forth. I think Americans are way more intelligent than their TV gives them credit for.

I'm sure there is an amount of manipulation that goes on especially on kids TV but I think that particular example is a bit paranoid. A caricature of an evil businessman doesn't necessarily make communist propaganda.

Last edited by Lord Lav; 09-11-2012 at 06:51 AM.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:31 AM   #4
suspect device
mk viii

ok, so the communist propaganda is a little bit of a stretch

but there is a war going on for the minds of kids and the state, the corporations and hollywood are wining hands down
Old 09-11-2012, 01:38 AM   #5
RouteOne
67 inches of krieg

are you a review site person
RouteOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:55 AM   #6
Lord Lav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ron View Post
are you a review site person
I'm not. Are you asking me or Suspect?
Old 09-11-2012, 07:24 AM   #7
Lord Lav

Quote:
Originally Posted by suspect device View Post
ok, so the communist propaganda is a little bit of a stretch

but there is a war going on for the minds of kids and the state, the corporations and hollywood are wining hands down
I'm not sure whether I agree with that or not. I've not been in the US for a while so I've not had a chance to watch US TV.

In an ideal world, media would be as neutral as possible, but at the same time people should be free to express their opinions. I think the real key is for society to learn to develop it's own opinion based on real life experience rather than just following what the media says. Of course it's a bit different when we're dealing with kids. But then maybe the ability to form individual opinion or to question things, is something we should teach our kids.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:58 AM   #8
suspect device
mk viii

you're right about the responsibility to help kids think for themselves but parents are too preoccupied with the other pressures of life so its too easy to hand kids a toy or sit them in front of tv. so if the media was neutral then this would not be an issue in the most part. but they are not neutral. everything from product placement to stereotyping means that the associations are built in their mind without them even realising, nevermind being able to make their own mind up.

their mind is like a sponge and it soaks everything up. the issue is about exactly what impression the kid takes away. what will influence them in later life? how will they differentiate good from bad? what images in memory will they rely upon to infuence their thoughts and decisions? how will they ignore the stereotyping that is shoved at them everyday and make their own mind up?

some kids are lucky that their parents and schooling develops the individual. most are left to me delivered on the production line of life to be popped out and become one of the masses

some kids are lucky that they found punk
Old 09-11-2012, 03:54 PM   #9
Smokey D

punk will save the world.
Smokey D is offline   Reply With Quote