View Single Post
Old 07-24-2006, 05:46 PM   #7459
Shady Ultima
I need a new user title..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steerpike
First off, stop trying to file yourself and others into these sorts of categories. I remember not long ago reading a story about a woman making 6 figures a year who dated a dirt-poor, grungy graphic artist with a wicked sense of humor and loved him to death.
Alright, that actually made me feel better. I don't think I'm funny though.

(gah, there's that lack of self esteem again...)

Quote:
Second, you need to stop internalizing other people's perspectives of you. Whenever you walk into a room, you have to maintain the mindset that you belong there, and if someone has a problem with that, it's their fault for being on the wrong page.
That's not a bad idea. Like I mentioned, emotional problems run strong in me.

Quote:
If you're concerned about your greasy image, just shower. Women aren't as concerned with how much you've got as with what you do with what you have. Play up the strengths, minimize the weaknesses.

Don't let her beauty or status intimidate you. You need to maintain the attitude that good looks and money are not enough to impress you. People with those are a dime a dozen.
I shower daily... or at least, daily if I'm goin out. If I'm not goin anywhere and just sitting on my computer all day, I won't even bother. I need to look into some shampoo that'd get rid of greasy hair...

I guess a part of it is the fact that I usually can't win over beautiful girls. When I do... they're too young.

Quote:
You need to consider every positive trait you have and develop that, hype it up. It's all about turning a strength into a virtue.
Care to elaborate on that a bit, I don't get it. Sorry

Quote:
Also, stop with the guilt! Stop apologizing for everything! You're doing yourself so much harm by doing that. I used to be the same way, but I learned to stop, so it is possible.
I'm workin on it, my boss is actually trying to help me for good bosses.

Quote:
One thing that will help: screw what her friends think! You're not trying to impress them, so if they don't like you, it's their problem, not yours.
It's not that I'm worried about what they think... I think SHE will care about what her friends think

Quote:
You need to find ways to boost your self-esteem. Keep a journal of goals and accomplishments. List all of your positive and negative traits and detail ways to improve upon the former and minimize or eliminate the latter.
Hmm... This is a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkofski
maybe smarten yourself up, make yourself look nice one day and go for it

but not TOO obvously, if you suddenly turn into a clean shaven suit wearing teddy boy shes gonna smell a rat...
I tie my hair back for work every day, and I shave (except the goatee) I don't think a suit would be a good idea for where I'm working though lmao

Thanks. I guess the real point here is... I need some self confidance...