Thread: Open Discussion
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 10:41 AM   #42
Loch Tess Monster
I am a hat.

Jeremy, please don't let the one off-topic argument determine anything. Especially since...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Johnson View Post
There are so few people speaking for so many right now. So many users aren't on, participating in this discussion, and they need to, because their input would make a difference. I've been just sitting and watching this whole thing and tbh, it would suck to no longer have the pit. I'm on it all the time and even if I'm not posting I like to read the threads and analyze everything. I hope that there can be a way to fix it.
Only what, 10 users are having any say right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nath View Post
Oh it will at first sweety, but whether it works or not depends on whether it's done properly or done for the first week and then laxed off.
I suppose, but it doesn't seem likely to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSeekerz View Post
Jeremy, can you change the 50 post count to be allowed in GD. Maybe with more new people in here , you could expand the forum and make it more interesting and level. I know they love to troll the noobs, but they will survive. Maybe a 10 or 20 post count will allow access to here? Just a thought.
I agree, I think it should be reduced. Maybe not so low as 10, but 25? At least for a probationary period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSeekerz View Post
Yes, but if you do remove this forum, isn't this some sort of containment area for those who are a bit more renegade and risque. These posters will just spread out into other forums making things more difficult to moderate.
Maybe you might consider an entire 360, and allow anything goes, and have the 3 mods just delete and close whatever is not appropriate. A free-for-all if you will, no restrictions, no guidelines, no bans, then the populous will grow tired and weary and might bring some much need self-control to themselves. A risky experiment, but it would be interesting nevertheless.
If the pit gets deleted, I won't come back to MX. I haven't posted anywhere BUT the pit for literally years. And I know there are plenty others like me.
And if, for whatever reason (though I consider it unlikely), you decide to take that advice ^, we will need more than 3 mods. Just saying.