Thread: Beat your kids!
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 08:49 AM   #5
The Profit of Maine
Applied Hippy Ethics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Rain
I think that it's very dangerous because it can absolutely hammer a viewpoint into a child and basically what if you hammer the wrong viewpoint into them? You're kinda presuming that you're all correct for wanting children to srtand in a line and only speak when they're spoken to, but they think that school is irrelevant to them, that they've no hope in the future and that the state and society has let them down.

I don't agree iwth either of those viewpoints, but do you understand what I'm saying?
It'd help if you expanded on it a little. But this is part joking and part "with parental knowledge."

I think it used to work and that it certainly would now after a short while, giving the stupid rebellious phase (that now sets in at ten instead of fifteen) a few years to calm down.

As a camp counselor, it pisses me off that a kid can get away with anything and all they get is a slap on the wrist. They can beat the hell out of another camper, but hey, they didn't want to be there anyway! And parents are so spastic about someone hurting their kid when their kid is ready to throw a punch on a whim. (I've had a camper attack me and all I could do was restrain the little fucker.)