View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 10:41 PM   #61
kitsch
slappin bitsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Prindle View Post
What else can I tell you. The production is spectacular for an indie release (hell, it would be spectacular for a MAJOR LABEL release from 1983!), with all three instruments (four if you consider a voice to be an instrument, as some do) taking the foreground with power, drive and tons of talent (except for the voice if you consider the voice to be an instrument, as dogs doo). There's also a shimload of great song titles, including "Do You Want New Wave Or Do You Want The Truth?," "**** From An Old Notebook," "Political Song For Michael Jackson To Sing," "Maybe Partying Will Help," "God Bows To Math," "The Roar Of The Masses Could Be Farts," "There Ain't **** On T.V. Tonight" and "The World According To Nouns."

I'm taken. You should be too. No, it's not a PERFECT record from start to finish, but with 43 songs, it hardly has to be! Just skip that stupidass "#1 Hit Song" and a couple of D.'s uglier attempts at hitting actual singing notes and man, you'll be living the good life. 74 minutes of listener-friendly funk rock!

And that's my review of Sonic Youth's Daydream Nation. Thanks for tuning in!

And that's my review of Husker Du's Zen Arcade. Thanks for stopping by!
#1 hit song rules