View Single Post
Old 10-22-2006, 03:36 PM   #1
The Black Fist
Hammocks

Rules + Reporting stuff is fun too y'know

Simple Rules of the Guitar Forum

1. Don't act like an idiot. We don't want idiots here. You either know what being an idiot is, or you're too much of an idiot to know the difference- Either way, you're getting banned.

2. Put some degree of effort into your posts. Not every post has to be an essay, but think about your post before you hit the 'submit reply' button and think to yourself about if the forum actually needs it.

3. Apparently pictures with any degree of sexuality involved are offensive, so don't post 'em.

4. Don't piss me off or I'll deal with you as I see fit. I'm not easy to piss off, so this is more of a blanket statement concerning general behaviour in the Guitar forum. I make judgments based on how I see users act and if I feel that they are a valuable part of my community. If I don't want you here, I remove you. It's very simple and it works well, so just don't be a parrot and we'll get on great.

5. 'The rule I can't believe I even have to say'- Don't spam. This includes spamming about existing spam. If someone makes a spammy (or outright prohibited) thread, the best course of action is not to bump the thread with OMGZ THATS SO SICK or OMGZ GTFO TROLL or whatever your plight for justice is. You leave it alone. Posting in a spam thread will get you banned, and you'll be banned harder if your posts were contributing to or generating more spam.

6. I personally hate the rep system. But it's here and I have to deal with it. However, I can do what I can to minimize the negative effect it has on the forum- This 'negative effect' can be described as Repwhoring. Flat-out asking for rep, throwing 'repfests', pulling the 'you rep me I'll rep you' thing, that's all repwhoring. And it's an instant ban.

7. Don't whine about getting banned. Nothing pisses off mods more. If you got banned, there was a reason for it, and if you're whining about it, it's because you already know why. So, whining about being banned and pestering the mods about it will get you banned again. Don't be a headache.

Guitar is not a hard place to figure out. You know what content is, you know what we're here to discuss, and you know what is unacceptable behaviour on any Internet forum. The only way to blacksheep yourself here is to repeatedly be an intentional annoyance.

Is this srs enuf bsns?

The Legend of the Lod

Unless you're an incredibly unobservant fool (hell, you are in the Guitar forum) you might've noticed a very large, off-topic thread with a strange title that often changes floating around the forum. This is, as the regulars call, the lod. The lod is a very strange place with very strange people, and as such follows some very strange terms that won't seem like they make sense or are necessary. You might even say they are retarded. These terms are as follows;

1. Talk about whatever. It's a community thread.

2. Don't mindlessly spam. Spam can be funny, but most of it isn't. So don't do it.

3. No "123" or "lol" or other posts like this. No "sup lod" or other forms of greeting-only posts. This kind of behaviour is what we're trying to avoid in the latest incarnations of the lod. Laugh and say hi, but add something to the conversation as you do so.

4. Don't double-post. If you have more to say, edit your previous post or wait for someone else to post after you. The lod doesn't need to be bumped- Its users know where to find it.

5. No "OMFG FIRST POST" or "FIRST PAGE" or "1000TH POST" or other exclaimations of your luck of being in the right place at the right time on the internet. Nobody cares.

6. The lod gets deleted every several thousand posts. Don't whine about the loss of postcount or rep- that's the point. If you really care that much about a number next to your name, then go into the main area of the forum and take ten seconds to post something vaguely worthwhile. Then proceed to get a life, it's just a number next to your name.

7. You can and will get banned on sight for disregarding these aforementioned terms. It's not a big deal, it happens all the time - most lod regulars have a good 5 or 6 alt accounts for when they get banned - so, just do as they do and make an alt account and get back at 'er, this time avoiding whatever you did to get banned the first time. Again, all you lose is a few numbers next to your name. You also lose access to the Pit, but chances are if you care that much about the Pit then we don't want you here anyway so gg

8. Addendum: TBF's DEATH LOD. This is my death lod! It's the death lod because if you post in it, I can ban you for any reason I see fit. Literally anything- I'll tell you to get out a few times, then start unleashing the bans. This is the greatest thread in the forum because it lets me extend my black iron fist

The lod is a privelege for Guitar, as it has been gravely misused in the past. We stick to these terms and run a tight ship, or else control is lost, chaos ensues and the lod is lost. It can be a lot of fun, so lighten up, don't be a moron and follow some simple guidelines to keep it running smoothly.

And if you're wondering how it got its name, it was the last syllable grunted out of Jarviss' lungs as I ate him whole. True story. If you don't know who Jarviss is, lurkmoar.

Last edited by The Black Fist; 05-07-2008 at 05:35 PM.