View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 04:27 PM   #16
tard
The Ugly Duckling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie's Ice Cream View Post
That's impossible. A brick of VicFirth sticks from Music123 is $90

24 pairs from CDX is $90.

12 pairs from CDX is like $50 with the nylon tip. Who uses's nylon tips anymore anyway?

They are still taking orders, changed ownership is all. Couldn't find them on Facebook.
12 sets nylon tip sticks plus 1 free from cdx is $84 plus $66.39 shipping to canada is $144.39
12 sets of vic firth 5bn from music 123 is $87 plus free shipping to canada is $87

I use nylon tips because I find they wood tips chip real easy ( 2 or 3 a night) and get flat spotted and then sound kinda dead and Vic Firth's warranty will replace the sticks if you loose or break a nylon tip, plus I used nylon when picking out my cymbals so I dont like the sound of wood tips on my rides or hats now and I find there is more definition on the hats and rides when changing between the shoulder and tip of a nylon stick which improves dynamics. Also the extra crispness of the nylon seems to cut thru better in a live setting as well as the extra attack on the heads that a nylon tip gives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie's Ice Cream View Post
Just talked to Danny over at CDX, they are most definitely still in business. Revamping their ordering page/system or something should be back up soon on the website.

6 pairs of sticks a year is nothin!
Nicks facebook page says they are closed and he was the one making the sticks and getting the wood, and this was posted by Danny on drummer world:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumsdb
I just wanted to stop in and address a few things that I can in regards to CDX. At this time, we are NOT shutting down the company. While Karl is correct that Nick's primary responsibility was production of the drumsticks and mine was the business side of things.
However, there is a continuation plan for CDX but I have been forced to halt production due to actions by my former partner. At this time, I can not comment any more due to legal action, but I assure you all that CDX will be back and stronger than ever!!
It's a shame that great drummers and customers get caught up in a business issue like this. I look forward to working with you all when we are taking orders again!
Danny
Id be leery of paying for products from a company in this situation, who knows how long it will take to sort out the legal end of things.

Last edited by tard; 04-16-2012 at 04:59 PM.