View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 01:51 PM   #31
TID22
I need my cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoon's Ghost
I disagree with that.

I don't get my facts from TV, or American media. I watch BBC.

Also, American death tolls are nothing compared to the reality of life in this country.

Perspective, 2000 Americans died in Iraq since the conflice started right? Do you know how many people are murdered in America evey day? Care about that? No.

It's war. Not paddycakes. Either way, no matter how the war started or how badly it's going for Bush's "regime" it's still a war. A war most Americans believed needed to be fought for better or worse, WMDs or no.

See, I have the pleasure of working near the UN. From 1991, a few times a year, Iraqi Americans would gather at the UN and beg them to do something about stopping Saddam's genocide.

What did the UN do? Deny deny deny. Why? What countries denied them most? The same countries who made billions off the Oil for Food program.

No one ever talks about that. Ever. So, while I have stated time and time again I am no fan of this administration nor their actions, it's better to go under the guise of some fake WMDs than to take other courses of action.

However, 2000 dead American soldiers saved possibly millions of more Iraqis from being murdered because they want to be free.

You see it your way, and I'll see it mine.

I agree completely. Our country agreed that this war needed to be fought. We were also just in fighting the war even if there were no weapons of mass destruction because Saddam had already violated several other things of the agreement they were in. Our troops also found were the weapons were. Bush is not responsible for these lives. This is a war that needed to be fought, and Saddam needed to be taken out. To say Iraqi's are more in danger now is absurd. Saddam killed millions in torture chambers and the people could not speak out. This is a war. Look at other wars. This is a small amount of casualties. I am not a huge fan of the adminastration either, but I do think that they are handling this well and are doing what needs to be done.