View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 08:05 PM   #24
Light_Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimes Make Dollars View Post
see Jay your other downfall is that you don't understand the internet. I will explain it to you because I am younger and of the internet generation. On the internet, everybody makes fun of everybody else, because it is understood that it's not serious and that nobody actually cares. Sometimes a person will make a thread called "Was Hitler Right?!!?!" and in that case they are truly a fucking idiot, and thus it is totally justified to make fun of them even if you see them IRL, perhaps even punch them in the face two times. You veered close to this territory when you pretended straight-faced to have met Oprah and Paris Hilton, even going so far as to claim that you were casual acquaintances with them. Hopefully you have realized the error of your ways, you see. It was your game seven and the ball rolled between your legs, you see.

also, you need to stop constantly going on and on about how great your band is and how famous you are. It is perfectly acceptable and in fact encourageable to want to share your life experiences, but you can do this in a more humble way and you will be taken more seriously. It is also understandable if you just want to brag, however it is akin to the young man who has just gotten laid for the first time and wants to tell everybody, even though nobody will care because two billion other people have also gotten laid. You have had success in the music business to some extent and that is nice, but we are on a music forum and the people we discuss have all had a lot more success than you have, thus your attempts to brag are off-putting and your experience would thus be much more well-recieved in a more restrained and humble setting, you see.
Thanks for the intelligent words DMD, but sorry humble and restrained is not my way..
Sorry man, but I am proud of what I have and will accomplish.
I am an extrovert, a type a personality, ummm even though I am not from your generation, you don't have ownership of the internet, remember my generation created it.
I don't tell anyone on mx how to live their lives and what or what not to say. If you had a band, and you started getting exposure and doing awesome things in the biz, I would truly be happy for you and try to encourage you at all costs. That is one of the things that is sadly lacking at mx. compassion. and that's a generation thing.