View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 01:06 AM   #27
Ganondorf
Dreamer

5.The Academy Is....Almost Here - Everyone on these forums said hw brilliant this band was, so I thought I'd check them out, and yeah, they're damn good Basically all the songs are brilliant, with great hooks and generally an upbeat feel to them. Black Mamba is awesome.

4.Taking Back Sunday - Tell All Your Friends - Got into this band through Brand New, but in reality, they're pretty different. The dueling vocals give it a cool dynamic, and generally the songs are just really well written. The lyrics are also pretty cool, if not a bit cliched now. Songs like Timberwolves In New Jersey are instant classics.

3.RHCP - Californication - This album is just badass, with a lot of the more undderated songs such as This Velvt Glove and Emit Remers being my favoourites. The bass on this album is really good, and me being a bass player, it is pretty inspirational. You can just feel how John's re-emergence really gave this band a new life and energy. A great album, that makes you feel like you're in the Scar Tissue video, crusin; in the desert.

2. Kanye West - The College Dropout - I never thought I'd like a rap album this much, but this album is just brilliant. The lyrical matter is more than just 'money ho's an' rims', and has the udnerlying theme of Kanye criticizng the American education system. It is still very fun however, and guest stars such as Mos Def, Jay-Z and Common give it a lot of varitey.

1. Brand New - Deja Entendu - When I first heard this album, I was like 'oh shi, this sucks', but after I listened to it again, I realised how great it was. The lyrics are really cool, and I love how they can switch between the high tempo songs such as Glory Fades and Gurenica and to slower, more poigniant songs such as Me vs Elvis vs Maradona.